THE X RALLY - 15th April 2012.

A place to discuss any upcoming meets, club rallies and general get togethers.

Moderator: RichardW

User avatar
Citroening
Posts: 2517
Joined: 26 Feb 2010, 21:19

Re: THE X RALLY - 15th April 2012.

Post by Citroening » 17 Jan 2012, 21:15

DOMW wrote:Good stuff, first rally of the year? I shall be there and hopefully in a CX.

I do believe so yes, as the 'tup norf :wink: rally is in May I think...

Hopefully it'll start the rally season of 2012 with a bang. 8-)

User avatar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
Posts: 41572
Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33

Re: THE X RALLY - 15th April 2012.

Post by CitroJim » 17 Jan 2012, 21:18

I'll be there in a Xantia...

More than likely the Activa

User avatar
Citroenmad
Posts: 8111
Joined: 04 Dec 2008, 23:08

Re: THE X RALLY - 15th April 2012.

Post by Citroenmad » 18 Jan 2012, 21:46

I might well bring the XM for this one, given that it didn't see an event last year. Its gotten a bit forgotten about with me having the Activa :lol:

Northern_Mike

Re: THE X RALLY - 15th April 2012.

Post by Northern_Mike » 18 Jan 2012, 23:10

I'll have a wander up for the day, I'll most likely be in the Berlingo though as time constraints mean I probably won't have the Activa running properly in time!

robert_e_smart
Posts: 1031
Joined: 23 Oct 2009, 10:51

Re: THE X RALLY - 15th April 2012.

Post by robert_e_smart » 18 Jan 2012, 23:42

Citroenmad wrote:I might well bring the XM for this one, given that it didn't see an event last year. Its gotten a bit forgotten about with me having the Activa :lol:


Chris finally brings a good car to a rally!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
Citroenmad
Posts: 8111
Joined: 04 Dec 2008, 23:08

Re: THE X RALLY - 15th April 2012.

Post by Citroenmad » 18 Jan 2012, 23:45

robert_e_smart wrote:
Citroenmad wrote:I might well bring the XM for this one, given that it didn't see an event last year. Its gotten a bit forgotten about with me having the Activa :lol:


Chris finally brings a good car to a rally!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


:o :shock: :lol:

I did two events the previous year in the XM estate and the National the year before that in a low miler 16v. I thought I had overdone the Xm thing for a little while :lol: :roll:

Though, yes, I took my Activa to at least 4 CCC events last year :shock:

Have been thinking about selling the XM recently, as its hardly been used since I got the Xant. :(
Last edited by Citroenmad on 18 Jan 2012, 23:47, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Deanxm
Posts: 3295
Joined: 18 Dec 2008, 18:57

Re: THE X RALLY - 15th April 2012.

Post by Deanxm » 18 Jan 2012, 23:46

Trainman wrote::-k Just wondering where I the "X" should go in C6 :-k


I hear the roman version is Badged as the Citroen CIIIIX, so technicaly you can come.

D

User avatar
Citroenmad
Posts: 8111
Joined: 04 Dec 2008, 23:08

Re: THE X RALLY - 15th April 2012.

Post by Citroenmad » 18 Jan 2012, 23:49

Trainman wrote::-k Just wondering where I the "X" should go in C6 :-k


Probably not a good idea Steve, what would your better half say! :lol:

robert_e_smart
Posts: 1031
Joined: 23 Oct 2009, 10:51

Re: THE X RALLY - 15th April 2012.

Post by robert_e_smart » 18 Jan 2012, 23:50

You could get some naff halfords letter badges, and spell out the SIX.

User avatar
Deanxm
Posts: 3295
Joined: 18 Dec 2008, 18:57

Re: THE X RALLY - 15th April 2012.

Post by Deanxm » 18 Jan 2012, 23:52

Ba boom, tish.

D

User avatar
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
Posts: 4892
Joined: 25 Nov 2006, 10:15

Re: THE X RALLY - 15th April 2012.

Post by DickieG » 19 Jan 2012, 09:38

Citroenmad wrote:Have been thinking about selling the XM recently, as its hardly been used since I got the Xant. :(

Wise decision :twisted:

tim leech
Donor 2016
Posts: 800
Joined: 08 Feb 2006, 16:36

Re: THE X RALLY - 15th April 2012.

Post by tim leech » 19 Jan 2012, 10:28

I will be in a BX, probably the 19TZi auto as its not THAT far from me so I can lilve with the 30mpg!.

User avatar
Trainman
donor 2018
Posts: 2530
Joined: 21 Aug 2009, 11:58

Re: THE X RALLY - 15th April 2012.

Post by Trainman » 19 Jan 2012, 10:42

Gentlemen,

I thank you all for the suggestions =D> however, me being me and the cheapskate I am have a far simpler and more cost effective solution............


Deanxm wrote:
Trainman wrote::-k Just wondering where I the "X" should go in C6 :-k
I hear the roman version is Badged as the Citroën CIIIIX, so technicaly you can come. D



Citroenmad wrote:
Trainman wrote::-k Just wondering where I the "X" should go in C6 :-k
Probably not a good idea Steve, what would your better half say! :lol:



robert_e_smart wrote:You could get some naff halfords letter badges, and spell out the SIX.



The solution as I said is far simplier............. are we sitting comfortably??




Citroen C6 eXclusive


so to those who said I can't come............... :pp: :pp: :pp:

User avatar
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
Posts: 4892
Joined: 25 Nov 2006, 10:15

Re: THE X RALLY - 15th April 2012.

Post by DickieG » 19 Jan 2012, 12:35

Trainman wrote:Gentlemen,

I thank you all for the suggestions =D> however, me being me and the cheapskate I am have a far simpler and more cost effective solution............

Citroën C6 eXclusive

so to those who said I can't come............... :pp: :pp: :pp:


Nah not good/exclusive enough, "C" models use the Exclusive name, you'll have to strap a ladder to the roof of your common C model to allow you to peer over the fence at the more select Citroen models :lol:

User avatar
Trainman
donor 2018
Posts: 2530
Joined: 21 Aug 2009, 11:58

Re: THE X RALLY - 15th April 2012.

Post by Trainman » 19 Jan 2012, 12:55

DickieG wrote:
Trainman wrote:Gentlemen,

I thank you all for the suggestions =D> however, me being me and the cheapskate I am have a far simpler and more cost effective solution............

Citroën C6 eXclusive

so to those who said I can't come............... :pp: :pp: :pp:


Nah not good/exclusive enough, "C" models use the Exclusive name, you'll have to strap a ladder to the roof of your common C model to allow you to peer over the fence at the more select Citroën models :lol:



This from the man who lists a BMW in his fleet :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: