The CXM Rally is no more, arise the...

A place to discuss any upcoming meets, club rallies and general get togethers.

Moderator: RichardW

XantiaMan
Posts: 1603
Joined: 12 Aug 2007, 18:47
x 1

Post by XantiaMan » 06 Sep 2011, 21:48

CitroJim wrote:OK. OK. I confess to having driven a number of Activas fitted with an MBC and I'm convinced of their merit :D :D :D :wink:

I will fit one to mine but only so long as no pipework needs to be cut and I can return it to original if need be....

I believe this is possible...

And, I know I say a lot of things and have certain views but I'm always open to having those changed if the argument is good. In the case of MBCs I have been.

Old V6. I repeat it's been sold to a very old friend and it stays in the family so to speak. I would not have sold it to just anybody...
No pipe cutting needed, just block off the vent pipe to the compressor inlet, cable tie the old valve safely, and then fit the MBC (the right way round :wink:)

Always check the base setting first, you will of course need a boost gauge for this, if its making much less than 5 psi off the actuator and doesnt build boost from 1500rpm its best to nip up the actuator first.

I could do a how to?

User avatar
Deanxm
Posts: 3289
Joined: 18 Dec 2008, 18:57
x 30

Post by Deanxm » 06 Sep 2011, 21:54

CitroJim wrote:OK. OK. I confess to having driven a number of Activas fitted with an MBC and I'm convinced of their merit :D :D :D :wink:

I will fit one to mine but only so long as no pipework needs to be cut and I can return it to original if need be....

I believe this is possible...

And, I know I say a lot of things and have certain views but I'm always open to having those changed if the argument is good. In the case of MBCs I have been.

Old V6. I repeat it's been sold to a very old friend and it stays in the family so to speak. I would not have sold it to just anybody...
I loved it, one minute the car is staying stock and there is no swaying him and then he steps out of mine and he's a different man :lol:
Its good news about the V6 Jim, going to a good home close by and just in time for the new arrival, good bit of planing there surely...........

D

User avatar
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
Posts: 4880
Joined: 25 Nov 2006, 10:15
x 12

Post by DickieG » 07 Sep 2011, 09:20

Deanxm wrote:I loved it, one minute the car is staying stock and there is no swaying him and then he steps out of mine and he's a different man :lol:
Jim Eastment will from this day forth be named "Turncoat Jim" :P

Dippy
Posts: 202
Joined: 06 Jul 2011, 15:17

Post by Dippy » 07 Sep 2011, 14:32

CitroJim wrote:It certainly was a great weekend :D

Franklin, some really great pictures there :D
Great Pic's . LUV The Twin - Commanche Caravan :D + The Towcar !

Obviously a Very Talented Engineer .

In it's previous lives :- links.

http://www.abpic.co.uk/photo/1297481/

http://www.abpic.co.uk/photo/1156061/

http://www.abpic.co.uk/photo/1036041/


The Future of Air Travel :) Got to be better than RyanAir !

DOMW
Posts: 39
Joined: 27 Jun 2011, 20:51

Post by DOMW » 07 Sep 2011, 23:01

Another fantastic Rally. It was good to meet everyone. Meeting up with some old faces and some learning some new ones is always good! :D

A special thanks to Dean for letting me be navigator on the convoy in his lovely Activa. I've got the Activa bug back now!

Had a nice run in the Familale (why don't I use this car more??!!) and spotted a random DS pointing and waving on the way home, whilst trying to keep up with a spritely SM! :lol:


Dom

User avatar
red_dwarfers
donor 2017
Posts: 2518
Joined: 29 May 2008, 15:59
x 17

Post by red_dwarfers » 07 Sep 2011, 23:10

DOMW wrote: Had a nice run in the Familale (why don't I use this car more??!!) and spotted a random DS pointing and waving on the way home, whilst trying to keep up with a spritely SM! :lol:
So you didn't see the fleet of XMs then? They must have been too far ahead :shock: :lol:

Oh and erm, a warm welcome to the FCF Dom!!
Decided what you're bringing next week?

DOMW
Posts: 39
Joined: 27 Jun 2011, 20:51

Post by DOMW » 07 Sep 2011, 23:53

red_dwarfers wrote:So you didn't see the fleet of XMs then? They must have been too far ahead :shock: :lol:

Oh and erm, a warm welcome to the FCF Dom!!
Decided what you're bringing next week?
Hi Kev,

Thanks for the welcome!

I did notice some amber flashes on the side of the road and can only assume they were broken down XMs with their hazzards on. :P Too busy cornering fast in my non-Hydractive CX! :lol:

Still not sure what to take to Stratford. If I finish early enough, I might run up in the Xantia on Saturday straight from work. Then maybe a G on Sunday. Depends if I buy something else before the weekend!

User avatar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
Posts: 41325
Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
x 982

Post by CitroJim » 08 Sep 2011, 05:49

Welcome Dom and very good to see you here :D

User avatar
Deanxm
Posts: 3289
Joined: 18 Dec 2008, 18:57
x 30

Post by Deanxm » 08 Sep 2011, 07:16

yes welcome Dom, very glad to of had you on the convoy run too, we didnt do too bad :lol:

D

User avatar
Citroenmad
Posts: 8106
Joined: 04 Dec 2008, 23:08
x 1

Post by Citroenmad » 09 Sep 2011, 10:07

Nice to see you on here Dom :)

I too am glad you were in Deans Activa, my dad was useless at navigating so good job I followed you :lol:

User avatar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
Posts: 41325
Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
x 982

Post by CitroJim » 09 Sep 2011, 12:45

Citroenmad wrote:my dad was useless at navigating
What??? Even using Robyn's instructions? He must be bad Chris :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
Citroenmad
Posts: 8106
Joined: 04 Dec 2008, 23:08
x 1

Post by Citroenmad » 09 Sep 2011, 14:06

CitroJim wrote:
Citroenmad wrote:my dad was useless at navigating
What??? Even using Robyn's instructions? He must be bad Chris :lol: :lol: :lol:
He seemed to get lost with the instructions fairly early on and kept saying Dean must be going the wrong way. :lol: We did eventually find the right place on the instructions and then it was fine. Though by then we had caught up to quite a lengthy convoy :lol:

DOMW
Posts: 39
Joined: 27 Jun 2011, 20:51

Post by DOMW » 09 Sep 2011, 15:48

Thanks for the welcome guys.

I forgot to mention the good Colin & Robert, for helping me create the first CCC Russian doll tent! :lol:

Deanxm wrote:yes welcome Dom, very glad to of had you on the convoy run too, we didnt do too bad :lol:

D
:lol: Never did find that right turn!....

User avatar
Deanxm
Posts: 3289
Joined: 18 Dec 2008, 18:57
x 30

Post by Deanxm » 09 Sep 2011, 17:34

I was going to mention the illusive right turn, chris's dad was spot on we didnt know where the hell we were going at one point but then we found a C6 and all was well 8-)

D

User avatar
Trainman
donor 2018
Posts: 2561
Joined: 21 Aug 2009, 11:58
x 8

Post by Trainman » 09 Sep 2011, 18:16

Deanxm wrote:I was going to mention the illusive right turn, chris's dad was spot on we didnt know where the hell we were going at one point but then we found a C6 and all was well 8-)

D

Ah, that would have been me, :lol: I had Robert navigating, :shock: until we found the safari, and the a Xantia, so we just followed them :wink: and hoped they knew where they were going :roll: :roll: