The CXM Rally is no more, arise the...

A place to discuss any upcoming meets, club rallies and general get togethers.

Moderator: RichardW

Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Post by Deanxm »

I think it will change as time moves on Richard, the DS will always be the iconic car but for me they dont do a great deal, i would love to see a 24v xm or your mint Xantia though.

As a citroshow virgin i did notice last year the field does stay rather split with cars and owners lined in order but then people are going to stick with what interests them, i spent most of it watching lexia demonstrations, driving a C6 (thank you!!) and drooling on Pauls 24v (he hadnt washed it so i dont think he noticed), as far as i was concerned there were no CX's there.................

I think rudeness is totaly uncalled for if there is any though.

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

Turn up in a C5 and you know what model specific is :lol: Why do you think I bought a Xantia :roll:

Joking aside, I quite like the model rallies. Often is the case that Citroen owners have a small fleet of Citroens, having model specific events gives opportunity to take each car and for them to be appreciated, there is usually a greater turnout of that type of car and so its more interesting to the owners of that model.

Its great to have a general event such as the national and that does tend to be the bigger turnout rally though. I think some would pick one event to go to and that would be it, I think it gives opportunity to see different cars, rather than people take their prize DS to every event for example.

I like the events how they appear and no one is ever discouraged from attending in any car, just look at what we had right in the middle of this years National, a VW Scirocco and a Mundaneo estate :lol:

If I had to choose I would pick Citroens of the 90s, so I really enjoy seeing the Xantias and XMs etc, I do like DSs and CXs etc but they dont do as much for me.
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
vince
My Cars:

Post by vince »

Guys, perhaps i missed something somewhere? Where is this to be held?

I will check the calender on this one as im sure Sept is pretty open at the moment......Im currently enjoying a fascination with the GS 8-)
1993 Citroen xm 2.1td, silver/grey, bowling ball wheel trims, 210k and climbing...
Trainman
(Donor 2018)
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather
2017 1.6HDi Berlingo Van - the works van

Post by Trainman »

Citroenmad wrote: If I had to choose I would pick Citroëns of the 90s, so I really enjoy seeing the Xantias and XMs etc, I do like DSs and CXs etc but they dont do as much for me.
Chris,

Like you, I find myself in the same bracket, yes, it would be great to be able to run a Decap, unfortunately, "Billy Budget" doesn't permit....... :?

To me the the Xantia, Xsara, Saxo, XM and 'C' series cars are 'our' history, and they will be the what we take to show in the future...... sorry starting to rant........... :oops: as we drool over the DS's and SM's the kids of tomorrow will (hopefully) drool over the Activa and C6............ :)
Steve

2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.

http://c6owners.org/index.php
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

vince wrote:Guys, perhaps i missed something somewhere? Where is this to be held?
Usual place Vince, Little Horwood :D
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Toby_HDi
My Cars:

Post by Toby_HDi »

Trainman wrote:
Citroenmad wrote: If I had to choose I would pick Citroëns of the 90s, so I really enjoy seeing the Xantias and XMs etc, I do like DSs and CXs etc but they dont do as much for me.
Chris,

Like you, I find myself in the same bracket, yes, it would be great to be able to run a Decap, unfortunately, "Billy Budget" doesn't permit....... :?

To me the the Xantia, Xsara, Saxo, XM and 'C' series cars are 'our' history, and they will be the what we take to show in the future...... sorry starting to rant........... :oops: as we drool over the DS's and SM's the kids of tomorrow will (hopefully) drool over the Activa and C6............ :)
I've drooled over an Activa until I got one. And grin like a madman when I drive it. As for drooling over the C6....well, thanks for that! :lol:
Toby

Previous:
2004 Peugeot 407 HDi 138 SE Luxury Pack
2001 S2 Xantia HDi 110 SX
2001 Peugeot 406 V6 Coupé
1998 S2 Xantia Activa
2000 S2 Xantia HDi 110 SX
1999 Peugeot 406 2.0 16v Estate
red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by red_dwarfers »

vince wrote:Guys, perhaps i missed something somewhere? Where is this to be held?

I will check the calender on this one as im sure Sept is pretty open at the moment......Im currently enjoying a fascination with the GS 8-)
Simple to solve, change your desktop background to something else :lol:
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair
Trainman
(Donor 2018)
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2017 1.6HDi Berlingo Van - the works van

Post by Trainman »

Toby_HDi wrote:
Trainman wrote:
Chris,

I've drooled over an Activa until I got one. And grin like a madman when I drive it. As for drooling over the C6....well, thanks for that! :lol:
Toby,

You have nobody to blame but yourself, you cadged a lift....... :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Steve

2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.

http://c6owners.org/index.php
Toby_HDi
My Cars:

Post by Toby_HDi »

Trainman wrote:
Toby_HDi wrote:
Trainman wrote:
Chris,

Toby,

You have nobody to blame but yourself, you cadged a lift....... :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I know... :oops: :roll: :lol:
Toby

Previous:
2004 Peugeot 407 HDi 138 SE Luxury Pack
2001 S2 Xantia HDi 110 SX
2001 Peugeot 406 V6 Coupé
1998 S2 Xantia Activa
2000 S2 Xantia HDi 110 SX
1999 Peugeot 406 2.0 16v Estate
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

Trainman wrote:
Chris,

Yes, exactly :)

I do appreciate the DS and SM but doubt I'll ever own one. It does beg the question, will the demand for DS drop? Im prety sure the demand for the C6 will rise, as a lot of people are thinking they will have one when proces lower, though if that happens they wont get as cheap as people are thinking.
Toby_HDi wrote: I've drooled over an Activa until I got one. And grin like a madman when I drive it.
Yes, same for me too, its certainly a special car :D
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

I don't think the queue for late Dees will shorten. First and second front cars are definitely less desirable unless super-rare spec (and even then, it's more orphan value than outright pricing). The market may become more liquid, as people own specific vehicles for less time.

In Australia a lot of cars that would be viewed in the UK as restorable, are put off the road for parts donation. There's a lot of mix-n-match third fronters here, too. By this I mean ones that started life as a Super or Spécial but have transformed into a 5 speed Pallas or similar up-spec version. Some of the "expert" workmanship they suffer, also (in my eyes) devalues them!

Still, though, no real loss of demand. There is always a willing buyer for an honest car at a good price.
timborob
My Cars:

Post by timborob »

DickieG wrote:
robert_e_smart wrote:Thats the biggest problem that I have with the CCC. Its tooo DS centric.
Its certainly a problem, a touch of the old boys network really which is why very few owners of later models are members or turn up at meets, how many C5 owners went to this years national?

The reason I bring this up is I'm wondering whether removing the model specific title will make for a larger attendance/more inclusive rally for owners of modern Citroëns such as Picasso's, Berlingo's etc
Hi All

Well this brings up a good point for me as I was one of the only C5's to turn up at the national by the sounds of it, and it was my first meeting

I was disappointed obviously by the day mainly due to the weather but also not long later to find out that there were no signs made up for C3,C4,C5 or even C6 i could see but earlier models were well catered for.

I find that rather Bizarre as supposed to be a Citroen Car Club event wasn't it?
When I asked I was told sorry there was no C5 sign and to make my own queue or tag on to the Xantia and XM owners if i want to?, So I did in the end park in between the two models as my car suppose to be their successor but to me i now feel like its rather downgraded.
:?

I'm sure what you propose in removing the model specific meets
would help more people attend
Regards
Tim

03 Citroen C5 2.0 110 HDI VTR Mauritius Blue 109K
Citroening
My Cars: Various Makes/Models Nowadays...

Post by Citroening »

Well funnily enough on the Sunday dad and I turned up in the C3 to use as wheels and upon driving around there was no sign for it either. Re the signs I believe that Tim got them on the day from someone else but I thought that there should be a sign like "Modern C's" or something - dad just parked the C3 next to a Saab!

Certainly another sign should be made up for the modern Cit's - they're as important as the Classic's.
Franklin
tim leech
(Donor 2016)
My Cars:

Post by tim leech »

citroenesque wrote:Who says I'd be coming in the BX?... :wink:

You're right though, it's time we had a BX rally too, maybe make it for a Spring weekend, 2012... I'll have a word with Tim.
NO NO NO, im not organising anything again :wink:
1994 XANTIA 1.8i SX 132k, From new, Slumbering
1991 BX TZD Turbo, 192k Batttered/Awaiting Resto
1991 BX 19TZi Auto 93k Factory A/C
1991 BX 16 TGS Athena (project), mechanically sorted just a bit scruffy!
1985 BX 19GT 57k beige wonder
Dieselman

Post by Dieselman »

DickieG wrote:
A few years ago prior to getting my DS I went to the DSM in my gold Xantia and was met at the gate with "park it outside mate, the field is for DS or SM's". A couple of years later I turn up in my DS and now its "follow me, yes this way, would you park it in the front line, that's wonderful, what a lovely car". Unfortunately none of this is made up but pretty much word for word what's happened to me at the DSM, really not good enough but recounted to illustrate the problem with model specific meets.
That's shockingly poor and smacks of elitism.

At least the CXM meet is nothing like that at all. I know someone who turned up in a Mercedes and was even let in free to browse, then managed to blag a drive in both a C6 and an XM. :wink:

He then levelled the field by going to a Mercedes meet in and Xm...