The CXM Rally is no more, arise the...

A place to discuss any upcoming meets, club rallies and general get togethers.

Moderator: RichardW

XantiaMan
My Cars:

Post by XantiaMan »

CitroJim wrote:OK. OK. I confess to having driven a number of Activas fitted with an MBC and I'm convinced of their merit :D :D :D :wink:

I will fit one to mine but only so long as no pipework needs to be cut and I can return it to original if need be....

I believe this is possible...

And, I know I say a lot of things and have certain views but I'm always open to having those changed if the argument is good. In the case of MBCs I have been.

Old V6. I repeat it's been sold to a very old friend and it stays in the family so to speak. I would not have sold it to just anybody...
No pipe cutting needed, just block off the vent pipe to the compressor inlet, cable tie the old valve safely, and then fit the MBC (the right way round :wink:)

Always check the base setting first, you will of course need a boost gauge for this, if its making much less than 5 psi off the actuator and doesnt build boost from 1500rpm its best to nip up the actuator first.

I could do a how to?
2003 Ford Mondeo ST220
2002 Ford Fiesta Zetec S
2001 Ford Puma 1.7 VCT
2008 Ford Transit Mk7
http://www.facebook.com/kidmans" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Post by Deanxm »

CitroJim wrote:OK. OK. I confess to having driven a number of Activas fitted with an MBC and I'm convinced of their merit :D :D :D :wink:

I will fit one to mine but only so long as no pipework needs to be cut and I can return it to original if need be....

I believe this is possible...

And, I know I say a lot of things and have certain views but I'm always open to having those changed if the argument is good. In the case of MBCs I have been.

Old V6. I repeat it's been sold to a very old friend and it stays in the family so to speak. I would not have sold it to just anybody...
I loved it, one minute the car is staying stock and there is no swaying him and then he steps out of mine and he's a different man :lol:
Its good news about the V6 Jim, going to a good home close by and just in time for the new arrival, good bit of planing there surely...........

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

Deanxm wrote:I loved it, one minute the car is staying stock and there is no swaying him and then he steps out of mine and he's a different man :lol:
Jim Eastment will from this day forth be named "Turncoat Jim" :P
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
Dippy
My Cars:

Post by Dippy »

CitroJim wrote:It certainly was a great weekend :D

Franklin, some really great pictures there :D
Great Pic's . LUV The Twin - Commanche Caravan :D + The Towcar !

Obviously a Very Talented Engineer .

In it's previous lives :- links.

http://www.abpic.co.uk/photo/1297481/

http://www.abpic.co.uk/photo/1156061/

http://www.abpic.co.uk/photo/1036041/

The Future of Air Travel :) Got to be better than RyanAir !
DOMW
My Cars:

Post by DOMW »

Another fantastic Rally. It was good to meet everyone. Meeting up with some old faces and some learning some new ones is always good! :D

A special thanks to Dean for letting me be navigator on the convoy in his lovely Activa. I've got the Activa bug back now!

Had a nice run in the Familale (why don't I use this car more??!!) and spotted a random DS pointing and waving on the way home, whilst trying to keep up with a spritely SM! :lol:

Dom
red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by red_dwarfers »

DOMW wrote: Had a nice run in the Familale (why don't I use this car more??!!) and spotted a random DS pointing and waving on the way home, whilst trying to keep up with a spritely SM! :lol:
So you didn't see the fleet of XMs then? They must have been too far ahead :shock: :lol:

Oh and erm, a warm welcome to the FCF Dom!!
Decided what you're bringing next week?
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair
DOMW
My Cars:

Post by DOMW »

red_dwarfers wrote:So you didn't see the fleet of XMs then? They must have been too far ahead :shock: :lol:

Oh and erm, a warm welcome to the FCF Dom!!
Decided what you're bringing next week?
Hi Kev,

Thanks for the welcome!

I did notice some amber flashes on the side of the road and can only assume they were broken down XMs with their hazzards on. :P Too busy cornering fast in my non-Hydractive CX! :lol:

Still not sure what to take to Stratford. If I finish early enough, I might run up in the Xantia on Saturday straight from work. Then maybe a G on Sunday. Depends if I buy something else before the weekend!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Welcome Dom and very good to see you here :D
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Deanxm

Post by Deanxm »

yes welcome Dom, very glad to of had you on the convoy run too, we didnt do too bad :lol:

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

Nice to see you on here Dom :)

I too am glad you were in Deans Activa, my dad was useless at navigating so good job I followed you :lol:
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Citroenmad wrote:my dad was useless at navigating
What??? Even using Robyn's instructions? He must be bad Chris :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

CitroJim wrote:
Citroenmad wrote:my dad was useless at navigating
What??? Even using Robyn's instructions? He must be bad Chris :lol: :lol: :lol:
He seemed to get lost with the instructions fairly early on and kept saying Dean must be going the wrong way. :lol: We did eventually find the right place on the instructions and then it was fine. Though by then we had caught up to quite a lengthy convoy :lol:
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
DOMW
My Cars:

Post by DOMW »

Thanks for the welcome guys.

I forgot to mention the good Colin & Robert, for helping me create the first CCC Russian doll tent! :lol:

Deanxm wrote:yes welcome Dom, very glad to of had you on the convoy run too, we didnt do too bad :lol:

D
:lol: Never did find that right turn!....
Deanxm

Post by Deanxm »

I was going to mention the illusive right turn, chris's dad was spot on we didnt know where the hell we were going at one point but then we found a C6 and all was well 8-)

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92

Trainman
(Donor 2018)
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather
2017 1.6HDi Berlingo Van - the works van

Post by Trainman »

Deanxm wrote:I was going to mention the illusive right turn, chris's dad was spot on we didnt know where the hell we were going at one point but then we found a C6 and all was well 8-)

D

Ah, that would have been me, :lol: I had Robert navigating, :shock: until we found the safari, and the a Xantia, so we just followed them :wink: and hoped they knew where they were going :roll: :roll:
Steve

2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather

http://c6owners.org/index.php