CCC Northern Rally 20th – 22nd May 2011 Wetherby Racecourse

A place to discuss any upcoming meets, club rallies and general get togethers.

Moderator: RichardW

DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

I tried Jellied Eel's many years ago, found them surprisingly tasty and went back for more!

Pickled egg's yum, fish and chips just isn't the same without one.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

DickieG wrote:Pickled egg's yum, fish and chips just isn't the same without one.
I'm rather partial to a gherkin myself...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

CitroJim wrote:
DickieG wrote:Pickled egg's yum, fish and chips just isn't the same without one.
You and Joanna Lumley both :twisted:
vince
My Cars:

Post by vince »

myglaren wrote:
CitroJim wrote:
You and Joanna Lumley both :twisted:
:lol:
1993 Citroen xm 2.1td, silver/grey, bowling ball wheel trims, 210k and climbing...
vince
My Cars:

Post by vince »

Sorry guys i wont be making the northern rally this year :(

Unfortunately Linda is off to Barcelona this weekend for a wedding and her sister and family are over from Florida so i will be with them this weekend and running the house on my own :shock: :lol:

Ontop of that my car isnt ready for a show yet....the rocker cover still needs swapping over and the paint needs a going over a bit..

Shame though as i always enjoy the rally....i can hear the sound of purring 2CV's and GS's as i type...

If your going have a great day and i will try to catch up with people at the next show :wink:
1993 Citroen xm 2.1td, silver/grey, bowling ball wheel trims, 210k and climbing...
steelcityuk
My Cars: not applicable

Post by steelcityuk »

I'm rather partial to Joanna Lumley!

Steve.
not applicable
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Car is all clean and polished. Boot packed with goodies and I'll be on my way up bright and early in the morning...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Trainman
(Donor 2018)
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather
2017 1.6HDi Berlingo Van - the works van

Post by Trainman »

CitroJim wrote:Car is all clean and polished. Boot packed with goodies and I'll be on my way up bright and early in the morning...
Mine too, then it flaming well rained :roll: oh well, short day for me tomorrow have to be in Warrington for 4pm to work :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Steve

2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.

http://c6owners.org/index.php
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Trainman wrote: it flaming well rained :roll:
It's been a glorious day down here in the south... I got sunburned working on the car today..

I'll be miffed if it's all wet and muddy tomorrow :twisted:

How about next year moving the Northern Rally down here? Our weather is better...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

We could always hold it at NORTHampton - That's north.. To me at any rate :roll:
Jim

Trainman
(Donor 2018)
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2017 1.6HDi Berlingo Van - the works van

Post by Trainman »

CitroJim wrote: How about next year moving the Northern Rally down here? Our weather is better...
No Northern rally next year Jim, some small local event in Harrogate is taking place. :wink:
Steve

2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.

http://c6owners.org/index.php
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Trainman wrote: some small local event in Harrogate is taking place. :wink:
Ohh yes, that one :D Sort of local on a world-wide scale...
Jim

Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

Im back from Wetherby today, we were all treated to a very detailed walk around the Harrogate show ground which will be the venue for the ICCCR next year. An excellent venue and extremely spacious with very good facilities. There is a lot of covered space which is impressibe. Its certainly something to look forward too, especially after seeing how it is to be laid out.

Today was a good day, the usual Saturday numbers, decent weather and a good chance to meet new and old faces too. Some very nice cars, one of the best must be Davids V6 XM, just fantastic. 8-)

I took my Xantia and my dad went in the C15, as we had to take the sphere recharging gear. A couple of people had a trip out in my Activa, they did seem very impressed with it and it performed faultlessly on the journey too. Mind it is only around 60 miles each way which can easily be done in 50 minutes.

Im dissapointed I wont be there tomorrow, with any luck ill get an early finish from work and bomb down in the C5 afterwards, ill see.

Not sure what my dad is taking tomorrow, possibly the 6H if the weather looks promising, if not then the XM I would think.

Hope the weather holds out for you Sunday day visiters :)
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Nice to see and talk to some already known members and become acquainted with some new ones.

Pretty good attendance, both cars and umans, despite the very windy conditions and heavy showers (See - there were showers there after all - just not the kind you wanted :) )
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

An excellent rally despite the wind (gale force at times!) :D

As you so rightly say Steve, great to meet friends old and new :D

Congratulations to Citroenmad's dad for winning best in show with his Traction 6H despite incredibly stiff competition from these two:

David Hallworth's XM (truely a timewarp) and Len Drew's now very famous DS..

And this immaculate XM :D

XM's were out in force and outnumbered most. Next to the green XM is one of two MK1 24V V6s at the show, the other one being Paul's (CitroenXM).

Xantias were notable by their absence :( Only four. Mine, Rothegar's and two more that remained anonymous...

I did not identify the owner of the HDi Exclusive next to mine.

Jim

Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

Im glad I got to attend today, even if it was only for the last hour or so of the day. I did seem to just miss a few people who I wanted to see, but there is always next time. Very good to see you again Jim and others, ill catch up again at another event.

The wind was really strong, no wonder my C5s MPG was into V6 figures on the way down :lol: Mind there might have been another contributing factor to that too.

Ill upload some of my pictures shortly, though I didnt take many, mostly of yesterday.

Jim, Xantias were very thin on the ground yesterday too, I spotted just one ... mine :roll:

Xms and C6s ruled the show for both days it would seem.

My dad was surprised to recieve the best in show award for the traction, so that was nice, thanks to all who voted for it. Indeed there was some very stiff competition.
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10