CCC Northern Rally 20th – 22nd May 2011 Wetherby Racecourse

A place to discuss any upcoming meets, club rallies and general get togethers.

Moderator: RichardW

User avatar
DHallworth
Donor 2016
Posts: 2598
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 18:05
Location: Glasgow
My Cars:
x 19

Postby DHallworth » 13 May 2011, 21:38

Citroenmad wrote:
DHallworth wrote:I'll be there on Saturday and Sunday.

Driving down Saturday morning, staying over night and coming home on Sunday afternoon.

David.


What car are you brining David?


I'm having an operation on my wrist on Wednesday so am only really able to drive the Series 2 V6 that I got from Malaysia.

It'll be spotless (as long as it's dry on the way down!) and wearing it's V6 XME plate.

David.
0 x
'88 CX GTi Turbo 2 :-D
'91 XM V6 24v Manual
'98 Xantia Activa V6 :-D
'00 XM V6 Exclusive
'10 C5 3.0 HDi Exclusive
'10 407 Coupé 3.0 HDi

User avatar
Citroenmad
Posts: 9452
Joined: 04 Dec 2008, 23:08
Location: Northeast
My Cars:

Postby Citroenmad » 13 May 2011, 21:43

DHallworth wrote:
Citroenmad wrote:
DHallworth wrote:I'll be there on Saturday and Sunday.

Driving down Saturday morning, staying over night and coming home on Sunday afternoon.

David.


What car are you brining David?


I'm having an operation on my wrist on Wednesday so am only really able to drive the Series 2 V6 that I got from Malaysia.

It'll be spotless (as long as it's dry on the way down!) and wearing it's V6 XME plate.

David.


You make that sound like a bad thing :lol:

I look forward to seeing it :)

As it looks unlikely that I will be there for Sunday, ill be in the Activa on Saturday and my dad probably in the C15 or XM. He will be there on Sunday in the 6H.
0 x
Chris
16 C4 Cactus BlueHDi Flair
05 C4 2.0 16v Exclusive
54 Audi A2 FSi SE
51 VW Passat V6 TDi Estate

Family Citroens:
64 C4 Cactus BlueHDi Feel Red
15 C3 Picasso 1.6HDi Exclusive
56 C5 2.0HDi 138 16v VTR Estate
95 C15 6-wheel
55 Traction 6H

User avatar
DHallworth
Donor 2016
Posts: 2598
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 18:05
Location: Glasgow
My Cars:
x 19

Postby DHallworth » 13 May 2011, 21:47

Citroenmad wrote:
DHallworth wrote:
Citroenmad wrote:
DHallworth wrote:I'll be there on Saturday and Sunday.

Driving down Saturday morning, staying over night and coming home on Sunday afternoon.

David.


What car are you brining David?


I'm having an operation on my wrist on Wednesday so am only really able to drive the Series 2 V6 that I got from Malaysia.

It'll be spotless (as long as it's dry on the way down!) and wearing it's V6 XME plate.

David.


You make that sound like a bad thing :lol:

I look forward to seeing it :)

As it looks unlikely that I will be there for Sunday, ill be in the Activa on Saturday and my dad probably in the C15 or XM. He will be there on Sunday in the 6H.


It's not a bad thing but up until last week it had only done 89 miles in the last 12 months!

I've had my Series 1 24v since November but have only been able to drive it once.

David.
0 x
'88 CX GTi Turbo 2 :-D
'91 XM V6 24v Manual
'98 Xantia Activa V6 :-D
'00 XM V6 Exclusive
'10 C5 3.0 HDi Exclusive
'10 407 Coupé 3.0 HDi

tim leech
Donor 2016
Posts: 1100
Joined: 08 Feb 2006, 16:36
Location: Derbyshire.
My Cars:
x 14

Postby tim leech » 15 May 2011, 21:12

Less than a week to go chaps, make sure you give them Xantias and Xm's a good polish the day before! 8-)
0 x
1998 XANTIA 2.0i Auto Desire 2
1994 XANTIA 1.8i SX 132k, From new
1991 BX TZD Turbo, 192k Batttered
1991 BX 19TZi Auto 91k Factory A/C
1991 BX 16 TGS Athena (project)
1985 BX 19GT 57k Gerty

User avatar
DHallworth
Donor 2016
Posts: 2598
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 18:05
Location: Glasgow
My Cars:
x 19

Postby DHallworth » 15 May 2011, 21:33

tim leech wrote:Less than a week to go chaps, make sure you give them Xantias and Xm's a good polish the day before! 8-)


I'm gonna be out of play at the end of the week after hospital on Wednesday so I've spent 4 hours doing mine today.

Washed the car and then dried it, polished the bodywork, each wheel individually and then every pane of glass inside and out.

Now so that it doesn't get dusty in the shed before Sunday it's got the cover that I bought from Citroenmad over it. :D

Image

Image

Image

Image

David.
0 x
'88 CX GTi Turbo 2 :-D
'91 XM V6 24v Manual
'98 Xantia Activa V6 :-D
'00 XM V6 Exclusive
'10 C5 3.0 HDi Exclusive
'10 407 Coupé 3.0 HDi

tim leech
Donor 2016
Posts: 1100
Joined: 08 Feb 2006, 16:36
Location: Derbyshire.
My Cars:
x 14

Postby tim leech » 15 May 2011, 21:39

DHallworth wrote:
tim leech wrote:Less than a week to go chaps, make sure you give them Xantias and Xm's a good polish the day before! 8-)


I'm gonna be out of play at the end of the week after hospital on Wednesday so I've spent 4 hours doing mine today.

Washed the car and then dried it, polished the bodywork, each wheel individually and then every pane of glass inside and out.

Now so that it doesn't get dusty in the shed before Sunday it's got the cover that I bought from Citroenmad over it. :D

Image

Image

Image

Image

David.


GARAGE p**n!!!!
0 x
1998 XANTIA 2.0i Auto Desire 2
1994 XANTIA 1.8i SX 132k, From new
1991 BX TZD Turbo, 192k Batttered
1991 BX 19TZi Auto 91k Factory A/C
1991 BX 16 TGS Athena (project)
1985 BX 19GT 57k Gerty

User avatar
DHallworth
Donor 2016
Posts: 2598
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 18:05
Location: Glasgow
My Cars:
x 19

Postby DHallworth » 15 May 2011, 21:56

tim leech wrote:
GARAGE brainless crap!!!!


eh?
0 x
'88 CX GTi Turbo 2 :-D
'91 XM V6 24v Manual
'98 Xantia Activa V6 :-D
'00 XM V6 Exclusive
'10 C5 3.0 HDi Exclusive
'10 407 Coupé 3.0 HDi

citroenxm
Posts: 11074
Joined: 31 Dec 2004, 00:10
Location: I WISH I KNEW!!!!. Somewhere in North Wales, Anglesey
My Cars: 93 L Xantia TD SX anti sink
H 91 XM V6 24v PRV Manual
K 93 XM V6 12v SEi auto LPG

55 C5 1.6 HDi VTR
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto
51 C5 LX HDi 2.0 auto
x 24

Postby citroenxm » 15 May 2011, 22:01

Mmmmm im curious too.. I cant see any crap there from here!!

Paul
0 x
1991 XM 3.0 24v Manual (x2)
1994 XM 2.1 d auto (undecided what to do now)

1994 Xantia TD SX Project
s**t thats scarey... two XMs left...

User avatar
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
Posts: 12994
Joined: 02 Mar 2008, 14:30
Location: Katzenellen Bogen by the Sea
My Cars: 2003 C5 2.0 HDi 110 SX 216,400
x 107

Postby myglaren » 15 May 2011, 22:39

It is the word censor working it's magic on your posts. :D
0 x
________________________________
Sent via Heliograph from the other side of the mountain

Steve

Jackie Evancho...Divine!

User avatar
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Posts: 8018
Joined: 19 Aug 2008, 12:38
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147
x 1

Postby addo » 15 May 2011, 22:55

Paul - the censored word is spelt pee-oh-are-en.
0 x

User avatar
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
Posts: 12994
Joined: 02 Mar 2008, 14:30
Location: Katzenellen Bogen by the Sea
My Cars: 2003 C5 2.0 HDi 110 SX 216,400
x 107

Postby myglaren » 15 May 2011, 22:59

addo wrote:Paul - the censored word is spelt pee-oh-are-en.


Shhhhhh! :shock:
0 x
________________________________
Sent via Heliograph from the other side of the mountain

Steve

Jackie Evancho...Divine!

User avatar
Xaccers
Posts: 8035
Joined: 08 Feb 2007, 00:46
Location: Milling around Milton Keynes
My Cars:
x 2

Postby Xaccers » 15 May 2011, 23:04

Garage pr0n
0 x
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool

User avatar
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Posts: 8018
Joined: 19 Aug 2008, 12:38
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147
x 1

Postby addo » 15 May 2011, 23:05

OK then, what is the English liking for pickled eggs about?

As a near-vegan it (egg) is not on my radar, but these products puzzle me. Does the pickling go right through, or just flavour the outer "flesh"?
0 x

User avatar
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
Posts: 12994
Joined: 02 Mar 2008, 14:30
Location: Katzenellen Bogen by the Sea
My Cars: 2003 C5 2.0 HDi 110 SX 216,400
x 107

Postby myglaren » 15 May 2011, 23:07

addo wrote:OK then, what is the English liking for pickled eggs about?

As a near-vegan it (egg) is not on my radar, but these products puzzle me. Does the pickling go right through, or just flavour the outer "flesh"?


Never plucked up enough courage to try them.
As with Black Pudding, Haggis, Tripe and Jellied Eels.

:vomit1:

Never tried surströmming either.
0 x
________________________________
Sent via Heliograph from the other side of the mountain

Steve

Jackie Evancho...Divine!

User avatar
Xaccers
Posts: 8035
Joined: 08 Feb 2007, 00:46
Location: Milling around Milton Keynes
My Cars:
x 2

Postby Xaccers » 15 May 2011, 23:23

Black pudding is ok, Irish Black pudding is better, I prefer white pudding though. Danielle has Irish and Northern roots so loves it.
Haggis is delicious and I can highly recomend it.
Tripe we used to feed the dog. It gave him wind.
Pickled eggs are ok.
0 x
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool


Return to “Meets, rallies and get togethers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest