International Citroën Car Clubs Rally 2012

A place to discuss any upcoming meets, club rallies and general get togethers.

Moderator: RichardW

Northern_Mike

Re: International Citroën Car Clubs Rally 2012

Post by Northern_Mike »

Citroenmad wrote:With the amount of organisation, thought, planning and time given up voluntarily to put this all together, the organisers really deserve a medal and I don’t understand this moaning at all. The prices seem fair to me and it’s a chance to go to an ICCCR event without the costs, travelling and time needed to go to a foreign event
I don't wish to sound rude, but:

a)They volunteered their own time to organise it. Good on them. No one forced them to do it though.

b)When you have kids, a full time job, a family, and other stuff in your life to work around, you might appreciate being able to organise things a little further in advance. As stated previously, many of us can't afford to spend 5 days in Harrogate because we have other things to do. Saying to my missus "Oh, I'm not organising anything for these days in August because the Citroen Club *might* decide to sell day tickets wouldn't really go down too well. So, sod them, I'm not going. Their loss, I'd have probably bought a couple of shirts or and a fleece, and other merchandise, so it really is their loss, not mine.
chopper602
My Cars:

Post by chopper602 »

Citroening wrote:Spotted on the CCC:
mpopka wrote:Hi Folks,

Just to let you know that

Day Tickets will be available to purchase from the ICCCR E-Store http://tinyurl.com/ICCCR-Tickets from Sunday 1st of July.

Day ticket prices are as follows:
  • - Vehicle and Driver = £20
    - Passenger in vehicle = £10
    - Pedestrian = £15
    - Children 16 or under are free
    - Dogs are free
[/b]
Well whoever came up with those prices need to take a serious think about it. I guess there will be a LOT of people who are undecided about coming along to see and take part in the ICCCR, but can't make the weekend or don't do camping. They will take one look at that and just decide to not bother! What will Mrs & Mrs CCC/2CVGB member, who live up the road, actually receive for £30?? Shouldn't the organisers be trying to claw as many day visitors in as possible??

(I want to add I have purchased a weekend ticket for myself, mrsthewife & children and will be camping)
Last edited by chopper602 on 08 Jun 2012, 15:32, edited 1 time in total.
Tim
Teesside

1985 Citroën 2CV6
2011 Saab 9-5 2.0 TiD
2012 TEC RoTec Lift 652G Motorhome
2012 Toyota GT86
deuchebleu
My Cars: xxxxxxxxxx

Post by deuchebleu »

Well, I for one am unlikely to go now and I only live 20 miles away.
£30 to wander around for 4-5 hours max seems extortionate.

John
vince
My Cars:

Post by vince »

deleted
Last edited by vince on 09 Jun 2012, 11:50, edited 1 time in total.
1993 Citroen xm 2.1td, silver/grey, bowling ball wheel trims, 210k and climbing...
vince
My Cars:

Post by vince »

Well to continue the simply ridiculous schedule that is my life, which seems to clash in every possible way with my love of classic Citroens, and events, i have just reaslised that the ICCCR clashes with our family holiday to Hastings on the south coast :evil:

We arrive back home on the 11th which leaves me the possibility of attending on the 12th, but i might end up playing this by ear as i would have just driven up from the south coast the day before and have work the next day after being away for a few days. Im not fussed about paying £25 for the day per say as it is a one off ICCCR event and not far from where i live....and the way i see it saving me the price of a ticket costing me even more, but the overriding thing is i dont like rolling to a show in a car thats either dirty or not worthy of a "well that looks clean" (what can i say, i like a clean car) :roll:. The chances of the Xantia being cleaned up and ready after driving all the way back home the previous day with a family full of stuff and the kids in the back using the back seat area as a litter bin which is usually the case, is slim to none!

I really do want to attend though to see such a wide variety of european metal, so time will see....I think im going to try and get up for it irrespective as im sure the wife will be tired of me after a week away :lol:
1993 Citroen xm 2.1td, silver/grey, bowling ball wheel trims, 210k and climbing...
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

vince wrote:The chances of the Xantia being cleaned up and ready after driving all the way back home the previous day with a family full of stuff and the kids in the back using the back seat area as a litter bin which is usually the case, is slim to none!
Do you not have one of these Eastern European car washes near you up there Vince? We have a brilliant one down here, they make the Berlingo look like new inside and out for a tenner, and a whole army of them attack it and it's done in about 15 mins.. well worth the money!

Enjoy the ICCR!
vince
My Cars:

Post by vince »

One other point on the cost of such events etc, and trying not to come over all jealous or nothing :P most of the the events that happen are based in the midlands or slightly south of that....which usually means for us northerners or far southern based people the cost of attending any events usually adds up to £50 plus when you factor in travel costs, food stops, and ticket prices. That said £25 a ticket and a tenner for diesel isnt too bad for me for a Citroening day out...sorry :P

If i make it that is :lol:
vince
My Cars:

Post by vince »

Activa_Mike wrote:
vince wrote:The chances of the Xantia being cleaned up and ready after driving all the way back home the previous day with a family full of stuff and the kids in the back using the back seat area as a litter bin which is usually the case, is slim to none!
Do you not have one of these Eastern European car washes near you up there Vince? We have a brilliant one down here, they make the Berlingo look like new inside and out for a tenner, and a whole army of them attack it and it's done in about 15 mins.. well worth the money!

Enjoy the ICCR!
yes there are Mike but i always wash my car myself as they tend to miss bits which then ends up with me doing it again anyway :lol:

Sorry im admittedly a sad case on that front :oops: :lol:
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

vince wrote:One other point on the cost of such events etc, and trying not to come over all jealous or nothing :P most of the the events that happen are based in the midlands or slightly south of that....which usually means for us northerners or far southern based people the cost of attending any events usually adds up to £50 plus when you factor in travel costs, food stops, and ticket prices. That said £25 a ticket and a tenner for diesel isnt too bad for me for a Citroening day out...sorry :P

If i make it that is :lol:
I don't really have a problem with the cost of a day ticket, though it is more expensive than other permanent exbhibitions and motoring museum type places and my missus would want to come with me, so that bumps it up a bit. It would be a 600 mile round trip for me - not really an issue (esp on veg). I have somewhere to stay up there - my folks live in the Rossendale valley, so about 40 mins drive from Harrogate.

I do have a big issue with the refusal to price and sell day tickets so late. I have other things to organise, people coming from the other side of the world and Europe to visit, 2 of whom are disabled (and one is partially blind), and flights and days off to accomodate them have to be booked well in advance . I have to book days off work as my shift pattern is 24/7, and I have to arrange cover - it all takes time. If I can't be sure that the ICCR are actually going to sell day tickets because they don't announce it, then sod it, I'll do something else. As I stated before, it's their loss, not mine.

If they'd announced it and made them available six months or more ago, I'd have bought one, arranged everything , and would be going up. I'd have probably spent a fair bit on merchandise too. Their loss. It just looks like they've been waiting to see how much they can charge day visitors to make up for any shortfall...
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

vince wrote:
yes there are Mike but i always wash my car myself as they tend to miss bits which then ends up with me doing it again anyway :lol:

You're not being Northern enough Vince. I stand and watch, and point out any bits they've missed!
vince
My Cars:

Post by vince »

Activa_Mike wrote:
vince wrote:

You're not being Northern enough Vince. I stand and watch, and point out any bits they've missed!

Ha ha, i like your style Mike...."Oi Oik, you missed a bit" !
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

vince wrote:Well to continue the simply ridiculous schedule that is my life, which seems to clash in every possible way with my love of classic Citroëns, and events, i have just reaslised that the ICCCR clashes with our family holiday to Hastings on the south coast :evil:

We arrive back home on the 11th which leaves me the possibility of attending on the 12th, but i might end up playing this by ear as i would have just driven up from the south coast the day before and have work the next day after being away for a few days. Im not fussed about paying £25 for the day per say as it is a one off ICCCR event and not far from where i live....and the way i see it saving me the price of a ticket costing me even more, but the overriding thing is i dont like rolling to a show in a car thats either dirty or not worthy of a "well that looks clean" (what can i say, i like a clean car) :roll:. The chances of the Xantia being cleaned up and ready after driving all the way back home the previous day with a family full of stuff and the kids in the back using the back seat area as a litter bin which is usually the case, is slim to none!

I really do want to attend though to see such a wide variety of european metal, so time will see....I think im going to try and get up for it irrespective as im sure the wife will be tired of me after a week away :lol:
i know which i would choose over the ICCCR for the hole event and run down Sunny Hastings by the sea :o :shock: :wink: ,
were the local council don't do much to draw in visitors in by steep parking charges,

maybe as i live in St Leonards on sea i don't see what the atraction might be,

regards malcolm
mpopka

Post by mpopka »

For some reason the forum has not copied me on responses to this thread, so I will attempt to answer them now....

Our plan was always to encourage people to book early by offering a "full event" ticket for 4 days, with camping and entry to all shows and activities.
We did this for one reason.... to raise the funds to enable us to book and pay for the infrastructure, bands, chairs, tables, site, toilets, showers, fencing, security, posters, flyers..........

So consider this... our estimate is that the turnover of the event (the amount we need to pay all everyone to make it happen) is in excess of £250,000.

We focussed on the "big ticket" item - the 4 day ticket.
We offered the ticket at £50 for over 2 years and clearly stated "buy now and double your money"... we also stated that the price would increase in stages.
It would increase from £50 to £80 on 1st Jan 2011
It would increase from £80 to £100 on 1st Jan 2012

Ok, so we failed - we delayed the increase and publicised the fact that the date had been extended in both cases - over 3 months.

We stated that there may be further increases before August 2012, depending on how well the advance, 4 day tickets had sold and how the budget we had planned in 2008 would meet the increasing cost and expanding scope of what we wanted to offer...

We realised that it was ridiculous to expect anyone to book a ticket in 2009, 2010, 2011 or before 1st June 2012 without some assurance that if they paid the £50 in 2011 and discovered that they were working on the Olympics in 2012 that they would have their booking protected by our refund policy.
So far we have had 37 refunds requested and all have been refunded with no questions as to why cancellation was requested.
Try asking the NEC for a refund if you pay in advance......

We intentionally avoided offering day tickets at £5 and raising them to £10 then £15 and finally to the price of £20. We debated this for many months and came to the conclusion that we were not aware of any other event that took this approach with day tickets.

A day ticket is a day ticket. it's nothing else but that. it's simple. it's what people who turn up at the gate on the day pay.
For a vehicle and driver (with any number of wheels) to gain entry to the site it is £20
For each passenger > 16 accompanying the Vehicle and driver it is £10.
  • For 2 people that works out at £15 per head.
    For 3 it's just over £13
    and for 4 it's just over £12
How does that compare with the NEC if you really insist on a price comparison?

If you want to compare the day ticket rate with the NEC... don't.
There is no comparison with the NEC.
This is a CITROEN EVENT.
You are Citroen "Fans".
At the NEC, you might be lucky to see 15 Citroens.
At the ICCCR you will see at least one thousand five hundred Citroens.

You will see cars that you have never seen before.....

..... you will see cars that you will never see again in the UK.

This is a "once in a lifetime" event - the last ICCCR held in the UK was in 1984, the 6th ICCCR was held at Knebworth house (Near Hatfield). It was preceded in 1976 by the 3rd ICCCR, which was held at Kenilworth near Coventry, England.

... and for children 16 and under, there will be dedicated entertainment and play areas.
... and for your passengers who don't really want to spend 1,2,3, or 4 days "looking at cars" there is Harrogate, York, Leeds and easy access to some of the most beautiful countryside that you could ask for...

Planning for the 15th ICCCR started in 2005.
I joined the team in 2006.
6 years later, following many requests for people to join us and participate in the phases of the project: planning, bidding for (in 2007/8) and now delivering the event we are where we are.
  • The day price is the day price.
    The location is the location.
If you don't like that then there will be an ICCCR in 2016.
However, it won't be in the UK.... unless you want to put in a bid for it (deadline was December 2011... however the 2020 ICCCR is only 8 years away, so this is a good time to start that planning - Note may be brought forward to 2019 as it's the 100th Anniversary of Citroen.... £5 says it'll be in Paris!).

However it is not too late for you to be part the 15th ICCCR.
Book your 4 day ticket now and save (£100.00 now, £120 from 1st August, )
Book your day ticket(s) from 1st July

What's on in terms of entertainment?
See: http://icccr2012.org.uk/new/en/programme.shtml
add to that the Beer festival, Charity rides in the car of your dreams and many more ideas that are coming to fruition...

We want you to join in and help - come along early, the site will be open from Monday 6th.

Drop me an email telling me what skills you have that you can contribute. We need you for as little or as much time that you can spare.

This is your event, as much as it is mine and everyone who lives in the UK.

We also need your ideas and suggestions and ideas for what needs to be done to make this the event that you want it to be - don't just be a "spectator" - tell us what you think we should be doing and work with us to make it happen!

My email is always there for you to tell us: Mick.popka@gmail.com
My mobile is always on so you can ring and talk and tell us what you think: 07766 785 563 or 0044 7766 785 563 - English language only!

You talk....I listen.
If your idea "works"... then I make it happen... may need your assitance.

I'm waiting to hear from you.

Regards
Mick
PS check out the video:"old geezer in old car" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elXDxaJc ... e=youtu.be
Regards
Mick

http://tinyurl.com/VDN199" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mpopka

Post by mpopka »

Having just read all the way through this "thread of discussion" I can see only one reference to anyone actually contacting us and asking a question.

Is a phone call really that hard?

We have been saying for months, nay years, that DAY TICKETS WILL BE ON SALE.

For the past 6 months we have been telling everyone that they would go on sale on 1st July?

Why has anyone said "I'm not paying £50, £60, £80, £100..... to go for one day".
No one expects you to.
A day ticket is a day ticket, a 5 day ticket is a 5 day ticket.
What we did say was " .... if you are thinking of coming along for more than one day (and we pointed out that you would not experience everything that was on offer in one day) then the advance ticket at £ 50 was worth considering".

As for the Olympics, we were in a position where we had no choice when the date changed, as a result of the debacle at Pickering, and the event moved forward one week. The Olympics were just one factor that we had to consider.

And for those of you who are luck enough to have got a ticket to see an event that they are interested in, good luck.
For those of you who were unlucky, we will have facilities for you to watch them at the event.
I empathise with those who have been told "all holidays are cancelled"... there was certainly no mention of this ever being the case back in 2010 when we were facing a choice of "change the date or cancel the ICCCR".

Fantastic thing, hindsight.

So please feel free to talk to us and get your questions answered.
You have may name.....
- you have my email: mick.popka@gmail.com
- you have my phone number: 07766 785 563
- you can write to me at 151 Tadcaster Road, Dringhouses, York YO24 1QJ

If you can't find an answer in the FAQ's to your questions then don't speculate on what might or might not be, just ask and we will answer.

I'm waiting.

Regards
Mick
Regards
Mick

http://tinyurl.com/VDN199" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
UFO
My Cars:

Post by UFO »

Bravo Mick and the rest of the organisation team for such a comprehensive answer. =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

From the other side of the planet from the event, I can only express our gratitude for the work that has gone on and must still continue.

I have volunteered to assist when I get there, and I look forward to meeting new happy Citroen friends from around the world and catching up with those I have met at previous events. We have been planning our trip to ICCCR 15 since 2008.
Craig Keller
Gerringong
Australia

"A little dab of LHM goes a long way!"