Greetings.

A forum for new members to introduce themselves to the rabble already onboard. Not compulsory!
Tell us a little about yourself, lie if you have to but keep it to just an introduction, not a car discussion.

Moderator: RichardW

Hedgyhog
My Cars: Citroen Xsara VTS 2.0 16v (2002)
Citroen Xsara West Coast Coupe 1.4 16v (1999)

Greetings.

Post by Hedgyhog »

Hello from a Newbie.

Despite being a Citroen owner since 1999, I have only just found this forum whilst searching for information.

My Citroen experience is hardly extensive, but having started with the bottom of the range Xsara, I quickly graduated to the top Xsara. Here is the short list:

1999 Xsara West Coast special edition Coupe. I think it was a 1.4i with 75bhp. I think it had a 6 disc autochanger and 0% finance. It was OK to drive, but money was tight and we needed transport. We obviously liked it and hence the next car was another Xsara.

2002 Xsara VTS 2.0i 16V 167bhp. It has a single CD player, full leather seats, 6 airbags, headlamp protectors, and 3 remote keys. It was very fast for the time, but hot hatch insurance was expensive at the time - boy racers in XR3i's had pushed up prices and the VTS was in insurance group 16 out of 20.

Despite both vehicles being purchased new, the VTS was actually cheaper than the West Coast (by £1245l!
The West Coast was sold to friends and the money used towards the VTS.

The VTS is still a lovely car that surprises other road users with its abilities. There are no badges on the rear and the 15 inch wheels with skinny 195 section tyres (which are far from low profile) give no clues to the dynamic abilities of the vehicle.

The VTS has been unused for an extended period because of health issues (mine, not the car). I am now applying my limited energy and resources to restoring the car to health.

I looked forward to participation in this forum.

Regards,

Keith.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Re: Greetings.

Post by myglaren »

Welcome to the forum Keith.

:wave1:
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Hi, and :welc: to the Forum.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
wurlycorner
My Cars: Two C5's...
Lots of CXs...
A couple of Xantia...
A C2...
Lots of Prelude's...
And a Sunny!

Post by wurlycorner »

Welcome.
Good to hear from someone enjoying their Citroen :)
--
Iain

1x '85 CX GTi Turbo s1 (metallic blue)
2x '85 CX GTi Turbo s2 t1 (metallic silver & grey)
'88 CX GTi Turbo s2 T2 (metallic light blue)
CX DTR T2 Safari (silver)
2x '96 Xantia Activa (Black & metallic green)
'01 C5 2.0 HDi LX Estate (Blue)
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

Hi Keith

Welcome to the forum, still plenty of Citroens about only not the type I am used to. I have runs hydropnumatic Citroens since the days of the CX through BX's, XMs which I ran for 15 years and finally C5s, not overly impressed with the last of the fluid suspended models. I now run Peugeot's which have basically the same running gear but springs. I still think that Peugeot/Citroen make the best diesel engines.

Enjoy your car

Peter
Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur
(Donor 2018)
My Cars: 405 naD Est

Post by Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur »

Welcome likewise, am curious about the "Hedgyhog" moniker, my partner's a bit of a fan of the prickly beasties and we have at least two "Resident", so to speak.

We once had a 1.4 Xsara loan car after a breakdown, I was most impressed with it, and thought it went surprisingly well for what it was.

With you on PSA & Diesel engines Peter :)
Puxa
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

A very warm welcome Hedgyhog... Love the name... I just hope you're not a prickly character ;) :lol:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...