Why did you choose the French Car you own

A forum for new members to introduce themselves to the rabble already onboard. Not compulsory!
Tell us a little about yourself, lie if you have to but keep it to just an introduction, not a car discussion.

Moderator: RichardW

Steven86
My Cars: Citroen Jumpy

Re: Why did you choose the French Car you own

Post by Steven86 »

I bought my Jumpy from a friend, we just talked one day and the deal followed quickly. After a couple of years my wife got a Citroen Berlingo, also a used one, because I was totally satisfied with my van and told her to buy a Citroen.
elma
My Cars: Undisclosed

Post by elma »

I put mine down to a moment of stupidity. I'm quite prone to them and have bought a lot of Xantias over the years. Probably going to do it again sometime.
demag
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: "H" Citroen Bx Tgs Automatic.
2006 Toyota Prius T4 Gen 2.

Post by demag »

Steve (Citroenfan) you have it bad! Personally I've lost count of the number of French cars I've owned, it's been a lot. The XM, I don't know if I see that through rose tinted specs really. It was good, and ridiculously fast but it did have a clutch looming as the pedal was way down. Other than that I forgave it everything, family pressure made me get rid and yes I still regret it. I'm enjoying my recently bought C5 estate, it's been a while since I drove an auto and after driving a Kia roller skate for a year I absolutely lurve the suspension. :bouncy: :rofl2:

Yes, I'll try and draw a list up of all my French cars if I can remember them.
Dave
2011 Peugeot 3008 1.6hdi Exclusive EGS.
'04 C5 auto estate 2.2 hdi. Gone.
Bx 1.6 TGS Auto 50k A rare beast by all accounts. A bit tired but getting better by the day. Gone.
'96 XM 2.5TD VSX.......Sadly sold. What an idiot! I should have held on to that.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

elma wrote:I put mine down to a moment of stupidity. I'm quite prone to them and have bought a lot of Xantias over the years. Probably going to do it again sometime.

No French car I have ever bought has been a stupid decision! All have brought joy, pain, and pleasure and frustration but above all, they all have character in spades :D

Long may it continue...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
demag
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: "H" Citroen Bx Tgs Automatic.
2006 Toyota Prius T4 Gen 2.

Post by demag »

Yes definitely character Jim. They all have that. The Kia Venga was a good car but no character whatsoever, a box to go from a to b albeit quite noisily.

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk
Dave
2011 Peugeot 3008 1.6hdi Exclusive EGS.
'04 C5 auto estate 2.2 hdi. Gone.
Bx 1.6 TGS Auto 50k A rare beast by all accounts. A bit tired but getting better by the day. Gone.
'96 XM 2.5TD VSX.......Sadly sold. What an idiot! I should have held on to that.
elma
My Cars: Undisclosed

Post by elma »

I love them but if I had any sense I'm sure I'd buy something else.
Thankfully I can't afford any of those Activas for sale at the minute or I'd adopt one or two of them.
Xantias defiantly make me smile but they are like kids with the constant needs and tantrums.