Hello

A forum for new members to introduce themselves to the rabble already onboard. Not compulsory!
Tell us a little about yourself, lie if you have to but keep it to just an introduction, not a car discussion.

Moderator: RichardW

Edwardio
My Cars: Berlingo 1.9d

Hello

Post by Edwardio »

Hi everybody, a pleasure to meet you all....
I'm a proud owner of a 2004 Citroen Belingo 1.9D...
I purchased the vehicle form my local garage about 3 years ago for a very reasonable price of £1500...
It's was an ex utility company van (ST Water) with only 85k genuine miles and full S/H, so a good little van...
In the time i've had the vehicle, i've had to do very little in way of any repairs...I do all the standard service and oil changes myself and never had a problem...

Just recently i noticed the exhaust was getting louder and louder, then 2 days ago the back box broke free from the mid pipe...
So as you do i went to get a new back box only to be told i need the whole system except the front pipe.. as i'd had that done a year before..Total £245
So i got the job done, paid up and drove away, thinking great got a new exhaust no problems...
Half way up the road, the exhaust sounded like the old one...There was and still is a 30% reduction in engine power too..The smell of burning from the actual heat is very noticable and the fumes coming out are red hot too..???
So i take it back, they look under the bonnet and said the air filter box was the cause...?????
They said it was leaking and causing the blowing noise and that the exhaust was fine ???
Now i'm at a complete loss as the van was fine before(power reduction etc) the new exhaust was fitted, as was the air filter ???

Sorry for ranting on, but anyone help me out with this....??

Would dearly like to get my little van back on the road.....
Thank you
Edwardio
NewcastleFalcon

Re: Hello

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

Welcome to the FCF Edwardio

You are probably better off starting a thread on the Citroen section to get more people to "see" your problem, and get the help you seek. Again rather than the history, just give the current problem, and the symptoms.

There are a network of FCF members who have the lexia diagnostic tools, and experience so hopefuly they will be able to point you in the right direction.

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey