Afternoon all....

A forum for new members to introduce themselves to the rabble already onboard. Not compulsory!
Tell us a little about yourself, lie if you have to but keep it to just an introduction, not a car discussion.

Moderator: RichardW

milleplod
My Cars: 2009 Citroen C5 2.0HDi Exclusive Tourer
(Previously, in order....Dyane, 2CV6 x 3, Visa 1.7D, GSA estate, GS Pallas, CX TurboII, Picasso...all fondly remembered!).

Afternoon all....

Post by milleplod »

I've recently bought a very nice, 2009, one-owner C5 2.0HDi Exclusive Tourer, having previously owned a fair selection of Citroens, and also 2 Mk IV Espaces. My acquaintance with French cars has always been happy, no horror stories, no huge bills....and yes, I'm touching wood as I write, there's always a first time....! :-D

The C5 has 70k miles recorded, it drives beautifully and I love the auto-box, it seems very well suited to the engine. I had wondered if it might feel a bit underpowered, but it does seem to 'make progress' very nicely when required. :)

Anyway, prior to purchasing, I browsed this Forum and scoured the 'net, trawling up as much info as I could, and found nothing to put me off the C5 at all. In fact, a friend has one he bought 5 years ago as an 'ex-demo' - his only problem in 60k miles has been the driver's window, which I think is a fairly well-documented issue and didn't cost him the earth to fix.

Glad to be aboard, hope I can make some sort of contribution as my ownership progresses! :wink:

Pete
Nocto Diuque Venamur.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Re: Afternoon all....

Post by myglaren »

Welcome milleplod :welc:
Not all C5s misbehave - it's just the ones that do have a higher profile.