407 Coupe

A forum for new members to introduce themselves to the rabble already onboard. Not compulsory!
Tell us a little about yourself, lie if you have to but keep it to just an introduction, not a car discussion.

Moderator: RichardW

autocrazy

407 Coupe

Post by autocrazy »

Hi

Over the weekend I bought a Peugeot 407 coupe 2.2L. This I think is a hidden gem of a car - I am very impressed and chuffed on how little I paid for such a nice car.

Other 407 Coupe owners, do drop by and say a Hi
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: 407 Coupe

Post by CitroJim »

Welcome :D Lovely looking car that!

You're right about them being hidden gems! The 407 range as a whole are possibly the most under-rated Peugeots of all time. They are seriously good.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

Helloooooo
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
Muggle
My Cars: Citroen BX diesel turbo (a long time ago)
Peugeot 406 2.1 diesel saloon (after the BX)
Peugeot 406 Hdi 2.0 Estate after the 405)
Rover 75 2.0d Connoisseur saloon (Fantastic BMW engine, all the toys - stolen in Italy)
Citroen C5 2.0 diesel Exclusive Tourer (Blissful suspension, so relaxing, but ridiculously unreliable electronics, but I've had it for 5 years and will miss it somehow.)
Current: Peugeot 407 Sports Coupe 16v 2.0 diesel (quiet, quick, handling and cornering very nice, suspension a little hard - can I have my C5 back, please?, lol).
4 Jobs (that I know of):
1. Fit towbar (I'm a caravanner)
2. Fit 'Connect2' bluetooth handsfree
3. Fit front proximity sensors
4. Enjoy

Post by Muggle »

I get that this is an old post, but I've just bought a 2009-reg, 2.0 (HDI 138) 407 Coupe S and have to post that I think it's great.

The suspension is a little stiffer compared to my last car (Citroen C5 Exclusive), but the bonus is the increase in handling/cornering ability and the seats are great. It isn't quite as well specc'd as the C5, in that the seats are manual and it doesn't have front sensors, but that said, it's a good looker with a well-hidden big boot! It seems higher geared than the C5, which makes it quieter and more relaxing, until you get the chance to open it up and even then it doesn't make any fuss about it.

I've bought some front sensors from a breaker and am going to fit a BT handsfree, which should just about complete the package (apart from a clip-on booster, which makes a massive difference to this engine, as I know from experience in the C5), in terms of bhp and torque - makes towing a caravan a joy rather than a chore). Can't wait to get everything sorted and enjoy!
Muggle

possum ergo ago