Hello from a new member

A forum for new members to introduce themselves to the rabble already onboard. Not compulsory!
Tell us a little about yourself, lie if you have to but keep it to just an introduction, not a car discussion.

Moderator: RichardW

Matt H
My Cars:

Hello from a new member

Post by Matt H »

Thought I would pop a quick message on here to introduce myself.

Some of you might know me from the BX Club forum, as I'm a big fan of the BX 16v in particular - and have a black Phase 2 16v that I hope to never sell! Having recently taken on a bit of a Xantia Activa project, I thought I should join up here and hopefully find some friends and useful tips along the way.

Having just been up to BL Autos for a quick check over, I now have a check list of things to do - starting with a set of ten new spheres, a new strut top mount, centre exhaust section, rear ram bush, front Activa rod bushes, rear height corrector and top engine mount :-D

Wish me luck :lol:

Regards,
Matthew
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Re: Hello from a new member

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Welcome aboard Matthew. Sounds like you have a little tinkering to do (but then, that is the way with Citroens!). Happy spannering!
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

hi and welcome Matt

in you to do list you say it requires a height corrector, as height correctors very very seldom give any trouble apart from requiring stripping and cleaning, or split rubber bits which can be replaced,

more often than not it is not the height corrector at fault but just the linkage's/turrets seized up,

it is possible to free these off with the bracket off the car, then lots and lots of working and lubing working and lubing working and lubing working and lubing,
till they are floppy loose
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
Matt H
My Cars:

Post by Matt H »

Thanks for the welcome.

As for the height corrector - I believe it is free and working, but there is something missing off it (not exactly sure what he said, definitely not the linkage though). Priority is getting the spheres done, then at least the car is semi-drivable.

Anyone know the best place to buy ten new correct Activa spheres from? :rofl2: