Hi all

A forum for new members to introduce themselves to the rabble already onboard. Not compulsory!
Tell us a little about yourself, lie if you have to but keep it to just an introduction, not a car discussion.

Moderator: RichardW

furriegurrie

Hi all

Post by furriegurrie »

Hello,

I'm FurrieGurrie, I live in the Netherlands and currently own 4 Citroëns, 1 Ds and 3 Xms. The Xms are all the later model V6 (ES9J4 engine) with automatic gearbox.
I live in southern part of The Netherlands. I was searching the web for information on the ZF4HP20 automatic gearbox and came across this place. My Break has a failed box which I'll attempt to repair.
But before that I'll be taking 1 of the Xms apart for spares and transplant the autobox in the Break, so it's at least driveable.
I'm very happy to have found a lot of info on the 4HP20, especially the pages from CitroJim are brilliant!
If anybody has (even) more info on these gearboxes, why they usually fail and how to diagnose them when they fail please let me know!
Should you require information on some jobs on the Xm I might be able to provide info. Among the things I've done: airco evaporator swap, radiator swap, cam belt replacement (including waterpump), heigth corrector cleaning etc.
I've already documented these jobs here:

http://www.xmclub.nl/Nieuwforum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=550" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

but that's all in Dutch so propably not much use for the majority of the population here!

Cheers, Furrie
citronut
My Cars:

Re: Hi all

Post by citronut »

hi and welcome

i think you have found the best man ( Jim ) for info on the auto box, as he has rebuilt a dew now
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Hi Gerrie and a very warm welcome :-D

As I said in my PM, I'll respond properly on all matters 4HP20 as soon as I'm back on my feet :wink:

The good thing is that a 4HP20 isn't half so difficult to fix as it might initially look :)
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Welshy_Pete
My Cars: 306 hdi 1999 + 306 hdi 2000

Post by Welshy_Pete »

Hello welcome to the french car forum.