New to Citroen:)

A forum for new members to introduce themselves to the rabble already onboard. Not compulsory!
Tell us a little about yourself, lie if you have to but keep it to just an introduction, not a car discussion.

Moderator: RichardW

kentc5
My Cars:

New to Citroen:)

Post by kentc5 »

Hello guys,

Just bought my first Citroen 2 days ago.
A 2002 Citroen C5 2.2HDi Exclusive 5dr.
She has 86.000 miles and one owner from new, looks a lovely car althoguh I need to do a lot of detailing to the colour.

Everything works (or worked when I got her lol ...)
The trip computer stalk stopped working yesterday after a thorough clean of the interior, but after I removed the half end the ribbon inside did not offer any resistance at all ... it was loose and disconnected. eehmm so I need now to remove steering wheel / airbag and try to install this thing on.

I then went to check the tyres yesterday as the previous owner barely used the car for the last 3 years lol ... on the first tyre I put the nozzle in it broke the tyre valve!! brilliant I say!, to my relief I found out afterward that my car does not have tyre sensors. So that should be an easy fix.

Otherwise I just llloovvee driving her.

Vasilis
Current Cars:
Citroen Xantia 3.0 V6 Exclusive ('98)
Alfa Romeo 166 2.0TS ('03)
Audi A6 C6 2.4 V6 SE ('05)
BMW 735i Individual M-Pack ('00)
Lexus GS300SE Navigator ('98)
Toyota Prius T-Spirit ('04)
citronut
My Cars:

Re: New to Citroen:)

Post by citronut »

hi and welcome

thats some potent cleaning solution you used there then :shock: :-D :wink:

were are you located i would think somewhere in Kent by your username
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
kentc5
My Cars:

Post by kentc5 »

Thank you
Indeed Kent clost to Margate.
Current Cars:
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

im originally from Folkestone i have a Sister in Margate and a brother in Ramsgate area,
Regards, malcolm.

kentc5
My Cars:

Post by kentc5 »

It is a nice area, moved here 3 years, sea just a few feet away, loads of space and quiet :)
better than London where I've been for a few years.
Current Cars:
Muggle
My Cars: Citroen BX diesel turbo (a long time ago)
Peugeot 406 2.1 diesel saloon (after the BX)
Peugeot 406 Hdi 2.0 Estate after the 405)
Rover 75 2.0d Connoisseur saloon (Fantastic BMW engine, all the toys - stolen in Italy)
Citroen C5 2.0 diesel Exclusive Tourer (Blissful suspension, so relaxing, but ridiculously unreliable electronics, but I've had it for 5 years and will miss it somehow.)
Current: Peugeot 407 Sports Coupe 16v 2.0 diesel (quiet, quick, handling and cornering very nice, suspension a little hard - can I have my C5 back, please?, lol).
4 Jobs (that I know of):
1. Fit towbar (I'm a caravanner)
2. Fit 'Connect2' bluetooth handsfree
3. Fit front proximity sensors
4. Enjoy

Post by Muggle »

KentC5 - Hi, I too am new to Citroen, having had to scrap my Rover 75 in Italy this summer. I have a 56 plate 2.0 HDI Exclusive Estate to replace it and it is really quite fantastic (though it doesn't corner as well as the Rover, it's much more spacious and comfortable).

I have a question you could help me with. The front sidelights do not work, although the rear ones work fine, but I can't see where the front side lights are! Sounds daft, I know, but everything looks so different on this car! Any help would be great.

Muggle
Muggle

possum ergo ago
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

Welcome to the forum :)
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
Stormrage

Post by Stormrage »

Welcome! Nice choice of car! :D
kentc5
My Cars:

Post by kentc5 »

Thank you guys :) really enjoying it
Current Cars:
kentc5
My Cars:

Post by kentc5 »

Muggle wrote:KentC5 - Hi, I too am new to Citroen, having had to scrap my Rover 75 in Italy this summer. I have a 56 plate 2.0 HDI Exclusive Estate to replace it and it is really quite fantastic (though it doesn't corner as well as the Rover, it's much more spacious and comfortable).

I have a question you could help me with. The front sidelights do not work, although the rear ones work fine, but I can't see where the front side lights are! Sounds daft, I know, but everything looks so different on this car! Any help would be great.

Muggle
I have seen when I removed the covers this morning to check the fluids levels. The back cap of the light is visible from there, once the covers are removed.
I never changed one. ... but I would not think it would be a really big problem :(
Have you checked the fuses before you try and do the lights?... as both of them not working although can happen...
Current Cars:
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

i havnt had much experiance on changing C5 lights as yet, but i think kentC5's car will be a MK1 and muggles is a MK2, 99% sure it will be a different level of difficulty,

also you will get more answers to questions in the citroen section
Regards, malcolm.

Citroenmad
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

Re sidelights on the 56plate C5. They are in the top of the headlight, there is a small rubber cover which you will see with at top. Remove that and deep inside there is the sidelight bulbs. It is a fiddle, there is very limited room and it requires the batter to be removed if on the NS. They go quite frequently on the facelift C5s, I have replaced mine with LED bulbs as they last much longer.
Chris
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
car_on_rocks

Post by car_on_rocks »

welcome to the forum ! :)
Muggle
My Cars: Citroen BX diesel turbo (a long time ago)
Peugeot 406 2.1 diesel saloon (after the BX)
Peugeot 406 Hdi 2.0 Estate after the 405)
Rover 75 2.0d Connoisseur saloon (Fantastic BMW engine, all the toys - stolen in Italy)
Citroen C5 2.0 diesel Exclusive Tourer (Blissful suspension, so relaxing, but ridiculously unreliable electronics, but I've had it for 5 years and will miss it somehow.)
Current: Peugeot 407 Sports Coupe 16v 2.0 diesel (quiet, quick, handling and cornering very nice, suspension a little hard - can I have my C5 back, please?, lol).
4 Jobs (that I know of):
1. Fit towbar (I'm a caravanner)
2. Fit 'Connect2' bluetooth handsfree
3. Fit front proximity sensors
4. Enjoy

Post by Muggle »

Hi and thanks for your reply. Can you tell me what led bulbs you got and where from? Since posting, one of my friends told me that he was told the bumper had to be removed in order to change the sidelight bulb - did you need to do that or is it possible without? I will take the panels off and have a look once I have time and am not working. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me

Citroenmad wrote:Re sidelights on the 56plate C5. They are in the top of the headlight, there is a small rubber cover which you will see with at top. Remove that and deep inside there is the sidelight bulbs. It is a fiddle, there is very limited room and it requires the batter to be removed if on the NS. They go quite frequently on the facelift C5s, I have replaced mine with LED bulbs as they last much longer.
Muggle

possum ergo ago
Citroenmad
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

Muggle wrote:
Citroenmad wrote:Re sidelights on the 56plate C5. They are in the top of the headlight, there is a small rubber cover which you will see with at top. Remove that and deep inside there is the sidelight bulbs. It is a fiddle, there is very limited room and it requires the batter to be removed if on the NS. They go quite frequently on the facelift C5s, I have replaced mine with LED bulbs as they last much longer.
Hi and thanks for your reply. Can you tell me what led bulbs you got and where from? Since posting, one of my friends told me that he was told the bumper had to be removed in order to change the sidelight bulb - did you need to do that or is it possible without? I will take the panels off and have a look once I have time and am not working. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me
No, you don't need to remove the front bumper. You also don;t need to remove the front bumper to replace the headlight bulbs, though I have seen people do it. I've replaced them fine without. The C5I and C5II (facelift) are different for access and sidelight bulb requirements, this is the C5II im describing.

You will need to remove the battery to gain access, but otherwise just the top plastic under bonnet covers will need removing. Towards the top inner area of the headlight you will find a rubber plug, pull this off and the sidelight is deep in there. They dont push in and turn, they simply are pushed in. Pulling them straight out will release them. Some of the ones I have done have tighter clips on the bulb holder than others, you you might need to press in the 'tabs' on the bulb holder to release it from the headlight. It takes me about 5-10 minutes but I've done it a good few times now.

These are the ones I got:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004 ... 00TA4923YW" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Since replacing mine with these they have not needed replacing. Our C5II estate is still on standard type bulbs and has eaten through a pair in the time I've had these. There is one out on that car now, so I'll no doubt order some more LED bulbs. They are a little blue, but not too bad and if they last longer, thats all I'm bothered about.
Chris
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10