a Citroën fan

A forum for new members to introduce themselves to the rabble already onboard. Not compulsory!
Tell us a little about yourself, lie if you have to but keep it to just an introduction, not a car discussion.

Moderator: RichardW

richardcit5

a Citroën fan

Post by richardcit5 »

I've had all sorts of Citroëns. My first ever car was very nearly an old Light 15 (but ended up with a Renault Dauphine when my father said the Light 15 would not be a suitable first car for a 17-year old!), but over the years have had more Citroëns than all the rest put together. Last two were a ZX, which I changed for my current car, a C5 II. I find the ride of the C5 not as good as the old DS23, but I have to admit that the C5 doesn't roll or pitch like the DS / IDs or the CX I've had in the past. I've joined this forum because of problems I'm having with the car (which I've just posted). I've never used forums before, so hope you'll all be very patient!
citronut
My Cars:

Re: a Citroën fan

Post by citronut »

hi and welcome Richard
i feel the hydraulic/ true citroen idea has been gradually washed away/out to compensate with F**D and V**h**l drivers taste,

as i think citroens are not so different from all the other Euro box's as they were famous for being ( thanks Peugeot ),

i belive the DS to still be ahead of its time now,

i see the likes of F**D have bought out state of the art steering head lamps :o :shock: :roll: :wink:

regards malcolm
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

Welcome to the forum Richard :welc:
citronut wrote:i see the likes of F**D have bought out state of the art steering head lamps :o :shock: :roll: :wink:
There's been loads of hype over the past couple of years about steered headlamps yet I discovered a couple of weeks ago that the Xenon headlamps on Dawns BMW (which is seven years old) turn with the steering and far more useful than the DS, they do it on dip beam.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
Welshy_Pete
My Cars: 306 hdi 1999 + 306 hdi 2000

Post by Welshy_Pete »

Hello welcome to the french car forum.
richardcit5

Post by richardcit5 »

Hi Welshy_Pete, thanks for your response; much appreciated !
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

A very warm welcome Richard :-D

And as they say in Wales...

croeso cynnes iawn :-D
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by red_dwarfers »

Welcome to the forum Richard :D
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair