introduction/re-introduction

A forum for new members to introduce themselves to the rabble already onboard. Not compulsory!
Tell us a little about yourself, lie if you have to but keep it to just an introduction, not a car discussion.

Moderator: RichardW

fatherjack2002
My Cars:

introduction/re-introduction

Post by fatherjack2002 »

Hi, ( hesitantly looking round the door to see who's around :oops: ), i don't know if this is an introduction or re-introduction ?, both i suppose, firstly i would like to say hi (again ) to the members i know from previous, and hi to the members to whom i've never met , and have joined since my last posting here .

This is feels very difficult to post a message after being away as long as this , the longer time away , the harder it was getting myself into gear to type this message , and reacquaint ones self with people , especially when my exile has been self inflicted.

The last 12 months haven't been the best for me , briefly ( in order) long term un-employment, followed by relationship breakdown , house becoming repossessed, having nervous breakdown , and finally losing the house and becoming homeless , have resulted in my absence from the forum ( and life ) for the above time , ok no tears or hankies LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: ( my sh*t / my probs ) .

So anyway here i am again, hopefully back with a fresh outlook on life and things, i'm working again, and i've now got a roof over my head , and the old faithful VSX is still with me ( hotel Xantia for a while , living in a car park ), the "old girl " hasn't taken too kindly to all the shenanigans,or being neglected over the time , she is ( just) hanging on in , albeit looking a little worse for wear mechanically and bodily , but still there with me !!.

First job (and request for pump ) is to replace the power steering pump , as its leaking at an alarming rate at present, other ( neglected ) tasks are the rear H/C ,( i never got it done Citrojim , but the temp repair is still working !!), rear spheres , and timing belt, that's just for starters !!, how i can justify this on a 1995 Xantia i don't know ? , but it's the "devil you know /etc /etc", syndrome kicking in .

So................ now i feel a lot better putting pen to paper ( so to speak )................... , hopefully i'll be adding comments/requests and posts as i get back in the swing of things .

My first post is in the "wanted " section, sorry for barging straight in , but has "Fatherjack" ever been known for his politeness ????????? :twisted: :twisted:

...............Regards Paul (fatherjack)
1995 Xantia VSX 1.9 TD, RIP
N*ssan Pr*mera . HATING EVERY MILE
1994 Xantia LX 1.9TD, RIP
1997 Xantia desire 2 re-homed
2002 Pugeot 307 HDI (not quite a Xantia, but still French)
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Welcome back Paul.
Sorry to hear of your misfortunes and pleased they are behind you now.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Hi Paul :D :D :D

Welcome back! I know precisely what you've just gone through as that was me, almost exactly precisely 10 years ago. Good to see you've found a glow of light at the end of the tunnel and I can tell you in all certainty, that light just grows stronger and stronger as the days go by. Very soon you'll be out in the full sunlight, blinking a bit perhaps and all the past will be firmly behind you..

I had two nervous breakdowns between 1997 and 2002. The doctors said I needed to do something like basket weaving to take my mind of things and give me a focus. I took up French cars; the rest is history :twisted: :roll: :lol:

Your old V6 is still going strong 10.000 miles later :D

Where's your pump leaking from Paul? Is it from the 19mm hexagon below the outlet union to the pressure regulator?

I'm sure one of us can help...

Again, welcome back!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
admiral51
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: C5 X7 2009 2.0 HDI VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
C4 2010 2.0 HDi Exclusive VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Post by admiral51 »

Welcome back Paul

Glad to see you have emerged from the tunnel of misfortune with that wonderful "Father Jack" sense of perspective :lol:

Colin
red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by red_dwarfers »

Welcome back Paul!

I just finished doing my timing belt literally 2 hours ago, not too back a job really apart from the cam belt covers and the crankshaft pulley depending on how tight it was done up last time.
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair