Cheap Renault part ??

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Stuart McB
My Cars:

Cheap Renault part ??

Post by Stuart McB »

Bit of bad luck with the wifes Renault Megane soft top last night [:(]. The CD changer wasn't realy playing by the rules and the head unit kept dropping the code. On removal the CD changer lead came apart at the small blue connector plug on the head unit [:(]. And it seems that the power lead to the changer was 'arching' on the terminal and causing a momentory voltage drop and so the code dropped. Any how remembering my Citroen Xsara CD cable was £40 I set about getting a price from renault. Guess what[?][?] I nearly fell off the chair when the main dealer by me told me that the part was.....£19.52inc VAT [:0]. That's £19.52inc VAT for the exact same part as the one for my Xsara. Part odered pick it up on Friday afternoon.[8D][8D] The wife is loads happier. Just shows that Citroen give with one hand and then cruely snatch away with the other. Mood now amazed[:0]
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Just got home and the wife has spoken to a mate at work who had a simalar problem, reckons that this lead should cost at least £40 to £80. I have explained that the dealer / parts man described the lead as " approx 5 meters in length with an 8 pin square plug in blue on one end for the head uit and an 8 pin round DIN plug on the changer end". The wife's lack of faith is quickly moving to me as I'm sure it's now the wrong part but it sounds wright. Any ideas out there?