The fast lane - BMW style

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

allmond
My Cars:

The fast lane - BMW style

Post by allmond »

I thought everyone would like a little gentle poking of fun as sent to me by my son:
The other day I was cruising along as usual in my BMW coming onto one of My Autobahns, which was very busy with inferior cars.
First of all, I couldn't believe that the volume of traffic DIDN'T slow down for me AT ALL as I came off the slip road! I had to squeeze into a barely big enough gap between two cars in order to get onto My Autobahn (the driver of the car behind me did realise his mistake though and honked an apology to me with a long blast of his horn.)!
Unbelievably, I had to do the same again before I could get to the BMW lane (why do underlings use this lane? Surely everyone knows it is for BMW drivers only?).
Anyway, once I was in the BMW lane and posing along at 220 kph enjoying the adulation that the inferior car drivers were giving me, I noticed an inferior car ahead of me which was not only in the BMW lane of My Autobahn, but was driving at a ridiculous 170 kph.
Naturally, I got to within a foot or so of his rear bumper and flashed my headlights to remind him he shouldn't be in the BMW lane of My Autobahn and to get out of my way.
Of course, once he realised it was a BMW behind him, he did just that, but I could hardly believe it when he pulled straight back out behind me! He also tried to keep up with me and when he realised I would out-run him, he put on some blue lights in his front grill and urged me to get onto the hard shoulder so that he could congratulate me on my excellent car.
Needless to say, I was eager to oblige and when we had stopped, the man gave me a piece of paper confirming what I already knew - that my car goes fast! Apparently he wants everyone to know what a superior car I have, so I had to go to court and show them.
The man also said if I carried on like this they would take my drivers licence away! Can you imagine - no need for a drivers licence?
I liked it, anyway.
Jamie
John F
My Cars:

Post by John F »

Jamie, it really does encapsulate the German driver to a T; I worked with a chap in Germany, before seat belts, who was off work for a couple of weeks and when he returned to work he had a couple of black eyes, a stiched up face and a limp. Asked what had happened and was told quite firmly that he had had the right of way; turned out that there was some nonsense with a Leopard tank crossing the road and he waxed most indignant that it didn't get out of his way quickly enough.