Bath. sneaky by-pass.

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

James.UK
My Cars:

Bath. sneaky by-pass.

Post by James.UK »

Ermm this is "off topic too" [:I]
If you pass through Bath on your travels you usually get stuck in traffic for ages. Soooo:- Going South, when you hit the big roundabout at the bottom of the duel carriageway take first left, then first right, (its a lane more than a road) pay the 15p toll and carry on for about 3/4 mile, it brings you out in 'Bathampton' thus avoiding all the town centre traffic. [:D] do the reverse when going North..
On the 3/4 mile shortcut there is a very nice pub with a huge free car park, there is also a cafe place 400yds north (cant recall the name) its cheap and cheerfull, has play area for kids, and right alongside the river Avon.. :-) keep it quiet tho, I dont want to get stuck going that way next time!! lol..
webkin
My Cars:

Post by webkin »

James, I know where you are talking about. Being from Bath :) But the toll has gone up to 40p or 50p now....some people aren't happy :)
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

Hiya Webkin, if you hit town at a busy time its still a good buy at 50p huh. ;-) I will use it as a coffee break-stop in future, its a hell of a lot nicer, and cheaper than Michael Wood services on the M5..
BTW I took your fruitquiz... Seems I'm a banana lol.. :-D