Isle of Wight classic car show 2017

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Isle of Wight classic car show 2017

Post by Deanxm »

Just spent the weekend at this event and had a very good time, spotted a few things of interest to me, especially this, anyone know who's it is?it was for sale at £1200, Perfect paint and a generally very tidy example of the TZD.
ImageIsle of Wight classic car show 2017 by Deanxm, on Flickr
Plus some other favourites of mine

It was a very good weekend with even more diversity than last year, Tesla was there with the model X making it dance to music and there was even a pair of Sinclare C5's trundling about.

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Isle of Wight classic car show 2017

Post by CitroJim »

Looks like it was an excellent show Dean :)

I was so near to it too but doing other things in the locality... I do plan to visit the island next year though...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Deanxm

Post by Deanxm »

I may well see you next year some time then Jim!

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Deanxm wrote: 18 Sep 2017, 08:37 I may well see you next year some time then Jim!

I'm definitely hoping so Dean :) I want to do a cycle tour of the island... I plan to catch the ferry at Lymington with my bike and take it from there...

Lymington is in easy cycling distance of where I regularly stay when in that neck of the woods... I was there all last week... Had a great time too...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Deanxm

Post by Deanxm »

The new forest is a pretty bit of the world, the round the island ride is very nice too have done it a good few times now following the coastal roads, there are some very nice views and eateries.

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Deanxm wrote: 18 Sep 2017, 16:50 The new forest is a pretty bit of the world, the round the island ride is very nice too have done it a good few times now following the coastal roads, there are some very nice views and eateries.

I love the New Forest Dean and on Saturday I rode in the big cycle sportive around it... It was just fantastic :) I feel very at home down that way...

I'm very keen to do this one next year ;)

IoW Randonnee
Jim

Deanxm

Post by Deanxm »

My parents used to take me down the new forest with the dogs each weekend when i was little so i find it feels very homely.
I think you will love the island Jim, the route they have is pretty good and now most of the southern population is free of rabies you should be safe :-D

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92

jgra1
(Donor 2021)
My Cars: 2010 C5 X7 2.0 hdi 160 exc auto
MG TF 135
Boxer II 2.2 camper conversion
BMW R1200RT
BMW K1300 R
Honda V F R 800 5thG / MT500 Armstrong

Post by jgra1 »

good stuff Dean!
both brothers had matching strada's when I was young..

what is pic #2? I almost recognise it....
Deanxm

Post by Deanxm »

jgra1 wrote: 18 Sep 2017, 20:01 good stuff Dean!
both brothers had matching strada's when I was young..

what is pic #2? I almost recognise it....

Tis a Fiat 128 Sport, the early one with 4 round headlamps, i think it's a really pretty car. The Strada's are lovely, there was a matching pair there.

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Deanxm wrote: 18 Sep 2017, 18:42 and now most of the southern population is free of rabies you should be safe :-D

It's OK Dean, I've been vaccinated against Rabies :)
Jim