Citroen's "secret" collection

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Citroen's "secret" collection

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

I have just found this while browsing the Web;

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/enthusias ... spartanntp
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Citroen's "secret" collection

Post by CitroJim »

That's the Conservatoire James :D It is a great place...

I am highly honoured to have visited it in 2015... Fittingly, on my very last trip overseas... I both loved it and was awed by it...

I can understand the 'secret' as it is well tucked away and visits have to be booked long in advance... A shame as it deserves much more exposure...

It is located in the grounds of a long-abandoned Citroen factory at Aulnay, north of Paris on the way to CDG Airport as I recall..

Very well worth a visit if you can...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
elma
My Cars: Undisclosed

Post by elma »

Yes, I intend to visit next time I make it to France. It looks amazing and I really would like to turn up in my immaculate :rofl2: V6.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

elma wrote: 07 Jul 2017, 15:14 Yes, I intend to visit next time I make it to France. It looks amazing and I really would like to turn up in my immaculate :rofl2: V6.

Go James - as soon as you can as there was talk that its future is/was in some doubt due to possible redevelopment plans for the factory site...

We went by train and foot... A lot easier, believe me...

The car park at the time of our visit looked like a Citroen rally and was almost as good as the museum itself!

Then visit the Citroen showroom on the Champs-de-whatsit (the road with the Arc de Triumph at the end) in Paris...

That's an experience in itself!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
elma

Post by elma »

It wont be this year for certain.
When was the talk of closing it?
Just before the Scotland trip was arranged I was looking into the possibility of a forum visit which I shelved when Scotland came up.
I only saw talk of expansion and better public access in my brief research.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

elma wrote: 07 Jul 2017, 15:39 When was the talk of closing it?
A long time ago now James...
elma wrote: 07 Jul 2017, 15:39 I only saw talk of expansion and better public access in my brief research.

That's good... One hopes they have realised the priceless value of the collection they have...

My feeling when I visited was that it was all a but amateurish and it was not given the love and dedication it deserves...

A large warehouse full of rare and interesting cars is the best way to describe it... It really does need the full and professional museum treatment.
Jim

elma

Post by elma »

I cant remember exactly but I vaguely recollect they wanted bigger archives and more space. Under the new mr citroen chief thst may even happen.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

elma wrote: 07 Jul 2017, 15:14 Yes, I intend to visit next time I make it to France. It looks amazing and I really would like to turn up in my immaculate :rofl2: V6.

Better make it before 2040 then James - as El Presidente Macron has decreed no petrol or diesel car sales by 2040 and I suspect a ban on entering populated areas much earlier. Incidentally,
Peugeot, Citroen and Renault ranked first, second and third on a 2016 list of large car manufacturers with the lowest carbon emissions, the European Environment Agency (EEA) said.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
elma

Post by elma »

2018 it shall be then.
Just need to find a like minded companion or companions to go with.
Realistically the Xantias not coming with, it would probably go through a small refinery to get there and the Eurostar is so convenient.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

elma wrote: 07 Jul 2017, 23:12 2018 it shall be then.
Just need to find a like minded companion or companions to go with.

Sadly, it won't be me... I still have no plans to ever leave these shores again...

The coast near you is as far as I'll go ;) :lol:
Jim