For those with more cars than sense...

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Quackers
My Cars: 2010 Citroen C5 3.0 V6 Exclusive + Navi
2009 Citroen C6 2.7 V6 Exclusive + Lounge Pack
2007 Citroen C5 2.2 (173) Exclusive + Navi
2000 Citroen Xantia Activa

For those with more cars than sense...

Post by Quackers »

Do you cycle your cars to work each day or do you have 1 that is for work, 1 for weekends? I've gone from 1 to 3 cars in the space of a month and now i feel bad as i'm leaving my most expensive car sat on the drive all week (2010 C5 3.0), going out for the fun of it in my latest addition (Xantia Activa) and putting all the rest of the miles through the car i've had for 7 years. (2007 C5 2.2).

I'm just wondering how often i should be driving them to keep them in good order? I know Activa's don't like being kept still for long periods, and the 2 others have DPF's so won't appreciate only doing lots of small journeys and will need a good run to get hot, but again how often?
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

Re: For those with more cars than sense...

Post by Gibbo2286 »

You could try this: :-D

https://carclub.easycar.com/
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Quackers wrote: 14 Jun 2017, 16:41 Do you cycle your cars to work each day or do you have 1 that is for work, 1 for weekends?

No, I cycle to work - on a bike ;) :lol:

I rotate Gabriel and the Pug of Love on a weekly basis - not that they do much - just a couple of short trips to Tesco and a trip to my regular Saturday parkrun if I'm carrying set-up kit... I use them just enough to keep them OK...

My Activa now only makes trips to rallys and other special occasions. It gets run up and goes for a little drive every couple of weeks just to keep the battery charged, to keep things moving and stop the brakes seizing up...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Quackers
My Cars: 2010 Citroen C5 3.0 V6 Exclusive + Navi
2009 Citroen C6 2.7 V6 Exclusive + Lounge Pack
2007 Citroen C5 2.2 (173) Exclusive + Navi
2000 Citroen Xantia Activa

Post by Quackers »

So a spin in each car at least every 2 weeks should be sufficient ?
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Quackers wrote: 14 Jun 2017, 18:20 So a spin in each car at least every 2 weeks should be sufficient ?

Yes, that's my experience :) Been practising this mantra for a couple of years now...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Far too many good ones to remember. Many BL, Vauxhall, Ford, Renault, Citroen, Peugeot, and now VAG

Post by daviemck2006 »

I tend to use lilpug about the town, bigpug out of town and the van is going to be pizza deliveries or skip runs. None goes longer than a week without useage.
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Citroen relay camper 2012
In the family
Seat Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2019 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
van ordinaire
(Donor 2017)
Location: Live & work in London but weekend in Devon (or do I now live in Torbay & work in London?)
My Cars: Citroens:-
'81 2CV Club (quietly sleeping in a parallel universe)
'05 (yes, really) C15
'97 Xantia Exclusive estate
others:-
'96 Jeep Cherokee Limited - the "donor"
'99 Jeep Cherokee Orvis - the green one
'97 Jeep Cherokee Limited - the red one
'99 Cadillac Seville STS
'96 Cadillac Eldorado ETC
& numerous what might be described as abandoned projects!

Post by van ordinaire »

Between shows/rallies, the odd trip to Devon & such silliness as Berlin the C15 does, maybe, a 4,5 mile round trip to Lidl's once a week.
The red Cherokee (as did the green one before it) gets a run out over the moors most Saturdays but might get left for 2 or 3 weeks, if I'm not down in Devon & apart from a run up to Shepton Mallet & a weekend trip to Ireland, that's all it's done all year. Should've been heading for the Highlands & Islands next week but, regretably the time/money has to be better spent.
The Caddy was used for longer runs before I got the C15 but then only got used for shows, usually in the Midlands, 2 in Ireland, one in Antwerp & once every 2nd year Austria but if it hadn't been used for, say, a month I'd use it that weekend, just running around Torbay.

3 isn't really a problem, just ask the man with 23 - or 43!
Citroens:-
'81 2CV Club :cry:
'05 C15 :!:
'97 Xantia Exclusive estate [-o<
others:-
Jeep XJ Cherokees x 3 :?
'96 Cadillac Eldorado
'99 Cadillac STS :|
& the numerous "abandoned projects" #-o