The Renault Range in 1979

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

The Renault Range in 1979

Post by CitroJim »

In my collection of automotive artefacts I have quite a thick booklet of Renault's Range of Cars available in January 1979...

I was amazed at just what an extensive range it was!

The R4, R5, R12, R14, R15/17 ( 8-)), R16, R18, R20 and R30 :o

I was quite amazed to see the R16 will still available at such a late date...

It's a lovely booklet...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
NewcastleFalcon

Re: The Renault Range in 1979

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

Jim, the unimaginitave naming of the Renault range proved to be rich seam in the completion of the FCF Advent Calendar...of necessity heavily disguised in this thread title

"Can you link numbers 1-24 with interesting cars?"

As far as Renault Brochures go this site here has loads (front pages mostly) lesrenaultdepapier.

I do like the odd image, and this from lesrenaultdepapier section for the 15/17 falls nicely into that category!

Regards Neil
Last edited by NewcastleFalcon on 25 Apr 2016, 15:17, edited 2 times in total.
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

NewcastleFalcon wrote: As far as Renault Brochures go this site here has loads (front pages mostly) lesrenaultdepapier.
Ahh, that's excellent Neil! That site answered my question as to when the R16 was discontinued... 1980.

So that as not bad, a 15 year life...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
NewcastleFalcon

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

Another one of my go-to sites is classiccarcatalogue

On the opening page it says it covers cars from 1930 to 1969 but its always evolving and there is a very good page for 1979 and the Renault range you mention. here it is

classiccarcatalogue-Renault-1979

I like how the site material is organised:

you can explore by year-select a year from the list, then a manufacturer from that year, and there is information/pictures of models for the year and changes to specs.

Or Explore by make where it starts with 1930 and you can page onwards through the years building up a fascinating history through pictures/adverts/brochure covers etc.

Strangely enough if you select Citroen currently the first image for 1930 is this:-

How you say? ....plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose ...

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey