Picture(s) of the day....

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Picture(s) of the day..

Post by CitroJim »

Hell Razor5543 wrote: 12 Oct 2017, 10:24 Is it near to Cheltenham and Gloucester?

No, miles and miles away...

A clue might be that it's in a next-door county to Gloucestershire ;)
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
NewcastleFalcon

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

Got to be the red sun today, and the dust from the Sahara.

I would imagine you could have got a nice photo from Jim's tower!

Anyone been out with their camera/phone for a bit of original artistic work to grace POTD?

Pending that I bet someone has put something up on youtube....random search coming up "Red Sun"

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

It's absolutely covered my nice clean cars :( It rained a little here first-thing and then I saw my cars...

Looks like I never washed then yesterday...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
NewcastleFalcon

Anyone know much about Barmouth Bridge?

Appeared as a pic in Geograph's images of the day from the gallery. So had a read of the wiki article. Good news at the end of the article its still there! and you can still walk and cycle across it.

Barmouth bridge - geograph.org.uk - 1315812 [CC BY-SA 2.0 (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0)], by E Gammie (From geograph.org.uk), from Wikimedia Commons

Even better news, the Wiki article doesnt have the latest as yet.....and very topical it has just had its 150th Birthday this month, and got a nice present...

http://www.railadvent.co.uk/2017/10/bar ... thday.html

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

That is an awesome bridge Neil and on my list to travel over one of these days :)
Jim

NewcastleFalcon

On our mini holiday to North Wales last year we did go to Barmouth but at the time didn't know you could walk/cycle across the bridge....thought it was just a railway bridge. It was pretty damp that day but would have had a walk across it, if we had known at the time.

Did have a nice cup of coffee in Davy Jones Locker though :-D

Its part of National Cycle Route 8

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
harryp
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: Forte HDI 110 hatch in wicked red, SORN
Exclusive HDI hatch in quartz, SORN
C4 Picasso Exc E, Wifes
Peugeot 207cc

Post by harryp »

If ever staying near that stretch of coast, suggest you get a return rail ticket traveling between Pwllhelli and Machynlleth. The views are absolutely stunning, the line running between the road and coast, and the friendliest staff ever. According to Web, (few years ago) tickets were just over 12 pounds, so wondered why when getting ticket on the train, conductress was taking so long. She suddenly asked me for a little over 9 pounds, apologising for delay as she was working out the cheapest fares. Perhaps other rail staff should be trained there?
A strongly recommended lovely day out :wink: .
Regards, Harry

2000 Nov Forte HDI 110 hatch in Wicked Red; currently SORN
2000 Mar Exclusive HDI hatch in Quartz; currently SORN
2013 C4 Picasso Excl E
Peugeot 207cc 1.6 Roland Garros
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

NewcastleFalcon wrote: 17 Oct 2017, 10:34 Its part of National Cycle Route 8

That looks a lovely cycle route Neil and I didn't realise you could cycle across the bridge...

I have a cunning plan now for a long and special cycle ride next year ;) Thanks... Without you posting that link I'd have never have known..

Tome to start planning :D
harryp wrote: 17 Oct 2017, 11:08A strongly recommended lovely day out :wink: .
That just gives me more reason to go there :)
Jim

Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

Post by Gibbo2286 »

NewcastleFalcon wrote: 17 Oct 2017, 10:34 On our mini holiday to North Wales last year we did go to Barmouth but at the time didn't know you could walk/cycle across the bridge....thought it was just a railway bridge. It was pretty damp that day but would have had a walk across it, if we had known at the time.

Did have a nice cup of coffee in Davy Jones Locker though :-D

Its part of National Cycle Route 8

Regards Neil

It's ALWAYS pretty damp in that area, we used to go there for holidays from Birmingham, never had a whole dry week. :(

I acquired a caravan at Barmouth for my parents (a fiver and pay off the £30 years site rent for the previous owner who'd given up) they loved it and spent many breaks down there in their Morris Minor 1000.
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Post by xantia_v6 »

Just posting this as a nice picture of the Cote d'Or at this time of year. Photo bombed by a Xantia.
Own photo
Own photo
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

xantia_v6 wrote: 17 Oct 2017, 17:25 Just posting this as a nice picture of the Cote d'Or at this time of year. Photo bombed by a Xantia.
IMG_20171016_152542.jpg

Gorgeous :D And the countryside looks quite nice too ;)
Jim

Richard_C
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: C4 Picasso 1.6 Blue Hdi 120 Manual Excl+ 2016
C3 1.2 Puretech 110 Auto Flair 2017

Post by Richard_C »

B17 startup.jpg
I live near and have membership of IWM Duxford so occasionally just wander off there to escape from sitting at the computer working. A few weeks back I went on a Friday and our local B17 was just starting up to fly off somewhere for a weekend airshow. Thought some of you might like it, but resist the urge to shout "too much choke" at the driver - took him a few goes to get #1 inboard started.
Richard_C

Current: , C4 Picasso 120 BlueHdi, C3 1.2 Auto
Past Citroens: Dyane (x2), 2CV, Visa, BX (x2), Xantia, Xsara Picasso, C3 (x2) C5 X7 Tourer, Synergie 1.9TD, C1
Others: Hillman Hunter, Cortina Mk 1, Maxi, VW Type 2, Granada, SAAB 900, SAAB 9-5, R5 Gordini
NewcastleFalcon

Richard

Is that Sally-B dressed up as Memphis Belle?

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
Richard_C
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: C4 Picasso 1.6 Blue Hdi 120 Manual Excl+ 2016
C3 1.2 Puretech 110 Auto Flair 2017

Post by Richard_C »

IMGP2066.JPG
It is and always is - that aircraft was used in the eponymous film and permanently carries its proper Sally B nose art one side and Memphis Belle on the other - heres one from an airshow in 2010
Richard_C

Current: , C4 Picasso 120 BlueHdi, C3 1.2 Auto
Past Citroens: Dyane (x2), 2CV, Visa, BX (x2), Xantia, Xsara Picasso, C3 (x2) C5 X7 Tourer, Synergie 1.9TD, C1
Others: Hillman Hunter, Cortina Mk 1, Maxi, VW Type 2, Granada, SAAB 900, SAAB 9-5, R5 Gordini
NewcastleFalcon

Thanks Richard......Plenty of smoke generated in this little clip from the film!

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey