Renault laguna 3.0dci V6 coupe

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

bxzx16v
My Cars: Past Frenchies , 4xBx16v,1xBxGti,1xBxTzd,2xZx Volcanes,1xZx reflex,1xPug 405mi16, 3x Xantia 1.9td's,1x Xantia activa, 2x Renault 25 V6 turbo, 1 Zx16v ,1 Pug 406 V6 coupe ,1x C8 , 1x Berlingo van , 1x Xanti 2.1td , 1x Renault Laguna 3

Renault laguna 3.0dci V6 coupe

Post by bxzx16v »

I've seen one of these for sale with the V6 3.0dci engine which is very rare as most have the 2.0dci, I've had the 175bhp dci myself and been very impressed with it. Is the 3ltr Isuzu sourced or pure Renault/Nissan. Any views welcome please.

Mark
2009 Landrover Freelander 2 TD4se (killed an Audi) , sadly now gone .
2012 Landrover Freelander 2 SD4 AUTO Love it . Now gone .
2014 Ford Bmax 1.0 Ecoboost Zetec . Fantastic little machine .Gone now.
2014 Ford Focus 2.0 Tdci Zetec S with the French heart.
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Re: Renault laguna 3.0dci V6 coupe

Post by Stickyfinger »

bxzx16v wrote:I've seen one of these for sale with the V6 3.0dci engine which is very rare as most have the 2.0dci, I've had the 175bhp dci myself and been very impressed with it. Is the 3ltr Isuzu sourced or pure Renault/Nissan. Any views welcome please.

Mark
I do wonder why these are picked sometimes, the BWM and Audi's lead this market generally, have better engines/superb chassis and at these young ages, they are much much better looked after by the dealerships/owners, hold the value better and do what you want them to better than the others.

That said, the car has good general reviews, the engine seems like a good modern one with nice power but with large oillers maybe to be hit soon, maybe petrol is better ?
I note some questions regarding the gearbox set up in some of the reviews.

Due to cost, not many engines are developed as unique company units these days, most companies are sharing the blocks/heads ect, so not really a concern these days. Marque loyalty is not based on engines these day for most companies, its the toys and plastic that counts for most customers .(RANTY bit :))
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting