new project brought

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Northern_Mike

Re: new project brought

Post by Northern_Mike »

You're quite right of course. I'd imagine a Healey is great fun. It's not all about speed and power, but the experience .

Vorsprung berk Technik
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

To be honest, it is also a dreadful car for the passenger when you are having a "fun" drive with lots of corners and bumps. I did 8 hours flay out up there once and the next day I had to give the lady with me the day off or she would of gone home :)
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

Stickyfinger wrote:To be honest, it is also a dreadful car for the passenger when you are having a "fun" drive with lots of corners and bumps. I did 8 hours flay out up there once and the next day I had to give the lady with me the day off or she would of gone home :)
The same with the DRK from my point of view. When we drove it out to Greece, I drove (including stops for fuel and coffee every 110 miles) for about 19 hours all in, from Calais to Ancona. Lovely to drive, great driving position, light controls. I then spent about an hour as a passenger from Patras to the halfway point to Athens.. horrible, and I've never been a passenger in it since, and that was 9 years ago.
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

All credit to her, she only thru up once :)
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

Stickyfinger wrote:All credit to her, she only thru up once :)
My bro seemed quite happy with his 19 hours as a passenger, despite him not being able to see out - rain, roof up, and only the driver has a wiper, going deaf, as the exhaust exits near the passenger's left ear. He happily served coffee, cake and rolled ciggies as we drove along.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

To all of the above posts:

:rofl2:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...