Pickled Egg Jukebox-Your Selections

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Re: The Pickled Egg Jukebox

Post by myglaren »

Magnificent woman and a fabulous voice.

Her expressions and gestures are exquisite.
NewcastleFalcon

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

To get the full listening to a record experience a turntable in action

"Josie" by Steely Dan from the Aja LP, 1977. Played on Technics SL-1700 w/ Grado Red cartridge, Philips 785 receiver, KLH Model

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

Small poser....this group was a major influence on one of the most iconic US Bands. Not hard to guess, nice documentary on BBC Four the other night of their masterpiece album from 1966.

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

The wooden tops theme

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

A Trio here

Couple of decent songs on my Car radio today. FM by Steely Dan, very very familiar to me and a superb track for driving, and one of Ricky Gervais' s choices on tracks of my years on the Ken Bruce Show. Never heard it before but picked out by RG as it was Jimmy Webb singing one of his own songs, giving it that extra meaning. Of course some fantastic artists have made Jimmy Webb songs their own like Glen Campbell, but I did see what RG meant on the one he chose.

You may well have heard this fact repeated today, but I certainly wasn't aware of it. Of all the great singles in the UK Charts in the 1960's, with some massive artists like the Beatles and the Rolling Stones, only the Beatles "She Loves You" and "I want to hold your hand" sold more copies in the 1960's than my third selection for today.

Worth a listen

Regards neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Ken Dodd a sad coincidence today :(
NewcastleFalcon

The Pickled Egg-Disturbance

I am sad to report there has been a bit of Argy-Bargy down at the Pickled Egg

Lots of shouting, which culminated with one of the miscreants yelling at the top of their voice

Jagermeister, Kahlua, Tequila Sambuca

Well that was the final straw and I am glad to say the Landlord took charge of the situation

"Hey, We'll have less of that. I call the shots round here!"

Sorted :-D

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
bobins
Donor 2023
My Cars: Kia Sportage
Mazda BT-50
Land Rover SIII SWB
V-F-R800
SL320
MX5

Re: The Pickled Egg Distubance

Post by bobins »

^^^^^^^^^
:roll: #-o
Sadly no longer a C5 owner :(
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

bobins wrote: 14 Mar 2018, 06:56 ^^^^^^^^^
:roll: #-o

Yes, I must admit I'm mystified too... Clearly we don't get out enough Bobins :)
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

I don't know who owns the others, but I know a forum member has been adopted by a cat named Tequila!
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Hell Razor5543 wrote: 14 Mar 2018, 07:46 I don't know who owns the others, but I know a forum member has been adopted by a cat named Tequila!

And I think I know who that might be ;)
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
NewcastleFalcon

Bit of help for those who need it! :-D #-o
Spoiler: show
Joke getting Helpline
Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Still don't get it Neil :? Totally lost on me... Maybe I'm just being very thick and stupid today...

Or maybe because I live a very sheltered life, don't drink and have not set foot in a traditional pub for years...

I find the smell of beer very offensive and that tends to keep me away from such establishments.

I never knew until I clicked the spoiler the existence of the subject of the link... I've learned something today!

They seem to be rather pointless to me but then, see above :roll:

Please explain in simple terms if you can.. It'll help if you assume I've been living on the moon for the past ten years or so :lol:
Jim

NewcastleFalcon

CitroJim wrote: 14 Mar 2018, 14:22 Please explain in simple terms if you can.. It'll help if you assume I've been living on the moon for the past ten years or so :lol:

Have to try and do it discreetly. I think the chances of any form of titter will have passed though but here is the explanation. Yes its a play on words. Try Joke Getting Helpline 2 by revealing the spoiler :-D
Spoiler: show
These "words" ie Jagermeister, Kahlua, Tequila, Sambuca are reasonablty well known "shots" ie strong drinks often gulped down in one from a shot glass (small glass)

The joke is beautifully set up as you imagine the scene of a potential bit of trouble caused by people having a bit too much to drink and shouting out those words (dont ask why they would shout out those particular words no one in their right mind would, but its the key set up of the joke!)..(the larger type that hopefully conveyed the image of someone shouting.)

The Landlord then has the problem of restoring order by assuming command of his pub, and dealing with the shouting. So with a rapier wit he says forcefully "Hey we'll have less of that.......

I call the shots around here! (ie I'm in charge)

but also being brilliantly witty as its a direct rebuke for the shouter shouting out "Jagermeister Kahlua, Tequila and Sambuca" who had the cheek to call out those shots in his pub!

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Got it!!!!! :lol:

Thanks Neil, I know that was bloody hard work for you to make me understand!

It gave me a good giggle :D
Jim