Can I find out who owns my old car?

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

demag
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: "H" Citroen Bx Tgs Automatic.
2006 Toyota Prius T4 Gen 2.

Can I find out who owns my old car?

Post by demag »

I looked on the DVLA site last night and checked on my old 2.5 Xm. This is what it came up with:

Date of Liability 01 08 2009
Date of First Registration 29 02 1996
Year of Manufacture 1996
Cylinder Capacity (cc) 2445cc
CO₂ Emissions Not Available
Fuel Type HEAVY OIL
Export Marker N
Vehicle Status Unlicensed
Vehicle Colour RED
Vehicle Type Approval Not Available

So it looks like it's been off the road for four years which is a great shame. I px'd this car and the chap who bought it got in touch with me at the time. He was really enthusiastic about it and had an effortless trouble free 200 mile drive home. I had done loads of work on it and got the suspension smoothed up, new spheres and electrovalve mod done. The only couple of problems were the gearchange wasn't as clean as I would have liked (hydraulics?) and the usual left hand lcd screen had some dead pixels. The body was really nice and of course being the 2.5 it had the power of a raging bull!
So providing it hasn't had a major smash or the clutch has failed I can't see what would have happened to put it off the road for four years. I have this crazy thought in my head. What if I could get it back?!!
I see there is a form V888 that you can use to request owner details for a vehicle. Has anyone ever used it?
Dave
2011 Peugeot 3008 1.6hdi Exclusive EGS.
'04 C5 auto estate 2.2 hdi. Gone.
Bx 1.6 TGS Auto 50k A rare beast by all accounts. A bit tired but getting better by the day. Gone.
'96 XM 2.5TD VSX.......Sadly sold. What an idiot! I should have held on to that.
citronut
My Cars:

Re: Can I find out who owns my old car?

Post by citronut »

demag wrote: I see there is a form V888 that you can use to request owner details for a vehicle. Has anyone ever used it?
not used it but i was speaking to DVLA the other week, and they said if i require the address of a vehicle owner i could use that form, send it in with £2 and they would send me the keeper details
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years