XM 2.1 SED Still Alive

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

steelcityuk
My Cars: not applicable

XM 2.1 SED Still Alive

Post by steelcityuk »

After many months stood idle and not being on the road for a year I needed to start up and move the old girl. I dropped in her battery that's been in the garage on charge and gave her one time on the glowplugs. She fired up in just a couple of seconds, not much smoke and relatively smooth to say she was stone cold. The suspension pumped up OK, usual hissing from the FDV as she always used to. To my surprise even the aircon compressor engaged. On the downside she's showing an ABS fault and seems to have a oil lead from the back of the engine. Looks like time to get out the lexia or multimeter. She could be back on the road soon, it would be a good way to celebrate her 21st birthday.

Steve.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk
not applicable
lexi
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Re: XM 2.1 SED Still Alive

Post by lexi »

Sounds good Steve. Have all the later Scenics gone? I never did get round to trying one.
They just seemed too much bother.
Citroen C5 1.6 HDI 110bhp Estate 06 plate

French Mistresses gone.
Citroen C5 HDI Mk 1 hatchback
Vel Satis 3.5 v6
ZX 1.9D Est.
ZX 1.9DHatch
Xantia 1.9td est.
Xantia 2.0 hdi Est.
Xantia V6 MK1
Xantia V6 MK 2
steelcityuk
My Cars: not applicable

Post by steelcityuk »

I think I've sorted the ABS fault, rear left connector. I'm tempted to try to get her in for a test and see how she does. She runs pretty good on veg and bio. so that would help reduce running costs.

No I've still got 2. A 1.9 dci 130 FAP and a 1.5 dci 100. The 1.5s engine is in bits at the mo for a rebuild, new rings, shells, turbo rebuild, that kind of thing. It didn't blow up but just never run right since I bought it as a project though it did give 70 mpg on the run home from Bristol.

Steve.
not applicable
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

steelcityuk wrote:It didn't blow up but just never run right since I bought it as a project though it did give 70 mpg on the run home from Bristol.

Steve.
good idea that...doing 70mph away from Bristol...:)

Give her my birthday wishes
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting