Next years insurance

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Next years insurance

Post by qprdude »

Insurance due in late December. Today, I got the AA letter saying that it was due soon, and that they would beat any like for like quote again. Last years was £158 fully comp, protected etc. That was after them having to match a much better quote than their own (over £200 I think)
Had a quick check for a quote on their own site and came up with AA Acronis at £146.60p . Won't bother with other searches until nearer the time, as it generates a rash of unsolicited phone calls and spam emails. It will be interesting to see what the AA quote me in a couple of weeks, given that they boast about their appreciation of long standing current customers. Still, at a time when costs are going through the roof, it's nice to see that I can get insurance £12 cheaper than last year. :-D
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.
Northern_Mike

Re: Next years insurance

Post by Northern_Mike »

I stuck with DirectLine just last week. £194 fully comp for the C5, with relatively inexperienced missus as named driver, 5 years NCB. £100 excess. I pay about £230 for the Berlingo and £101 for the DRK 3-wheeler.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk