Lexia/Planet "Stuckness"

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Lexia/Planet "Stuckness"

Post by addo »

OK, the questions following are directed at anyone who's had in-depth exposure to one or both of these systems. While I fully intend a Diagbox upgrade, it isn't the right time to try it while I have jobs on the go.

This week I have encountered the same new problem twice!

A completely "blank" BSI. No VIN, no configuration, not build code. All the normal data when the interface first "reads" the BSI is replaced by lines of "ƿ",

VIN: ƿƿƿƿƿƿƿƿƿƿƿƿƿƿƿƿƿ

I have managed to build one BSI back up - to a point. It first asked me for a build code - my label didn't match the example, so I had to guess which part it was. I reinstated the VIN, from that it deduced the chassis number, I could turn off the basic things it didn't have like navigation, rollover protection, driving school controls etc) and code in a key - but not everything worked. I could see when the window switches were being pressed, yet the glass did not move (I could put the windows up or down using the actuation tests). Every remote ECU it saw replied, I think. Couldn't get blinkers, low beams but the COMMS unit was not showing faults...

Is this a sign of a knackered BSI (2002 build) or am I just missing a menu/configuration move? I will add that in neither case does the car run, in one instance the ECU has clearly been replaced and there is a PSA sticker with the last eight of the VIN on the ECU bracket yet the diagnosis tells me it's the wrong ECU for the car and it does not unlock despite the BSI recognising the key...

Hope one of the Lexia/Planet regulars can advise on what's likely to be occurring here.

Thanks, Adam.
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Re: Lexia/Planet "Stuckness"

Post by spider »

As you've had no replies (and to be honest its a guess) I'd have to suggest the BSi is dead.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
citronut
My Cars:

Re: Lexia/Planet "Stuckness"

Post by citronut »

i worked on a 1.4 206 once that the engine ECU was not seen by my Diag,

turned out to be the double brown ECU protection relay has a chunk of its case missing and filled with water,

fitted a new relay and all functions resumed
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

In the case of that which was least communicative, a visual inspection of the BSI revealed nothing unusual. Nil signs of previous entry, damage, overheating. This added to my puzzlement, I'm surprised the component may be so flaky as to fail without a single external indicator.