Electrical block thingy

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Welshy_Pete
My Cars: 306 hdi 1999 + 306 hdi 2000

Electrical block thingy

Post by Welshy_Pete »

I'm after anther block like on the end of the wires shown on the picture. So then there plug and play on the indicators from ph2 to ph3 then.

I have got side indicator plugs similar but there smaller with a 501 bulb. So I'm trying to find out where the bigger block name ones are?

thanks

spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Re: Electrical block thingy

Post by spider »

Its a 382 bulb single filament 21W same as rear fogs etc. The smaller 501's are 4w or 5w. Amber ones (might have slightly different pin offset) are 382A or in some cases called 343, seems to vary on supplier which does not help.

The bulb holder comes like that as far as I know. I'm not sure what you're after ? , I had a similar problem with the side repeaters on the 106 the later ones had a different plug I ended up replacing them with the earlier types simply as they were available.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
Welshy_Pete
My Cars: 306 hdi 1999 + 306 hdi 2000

Post by Welshy_Pete »

spider wrote:Its a 382 bulb single filament 21W same as rear fogs etc. The smaller 501's are 4w or 5w. Amber ones (might have slightly different pin offset) are 382A or in some cases called 343, seems to vary on supplier which does not help.

The bulb holder comes like that as far as I know. I'm not sure what you're after ? , I had a similar problem with the side repeaters on the 106 the later ones had a different plug I ended up replacing them with the earlier types simply as they were available.
Hello sorry I mean the plug on the right hand side with the 2 pins showing.

I don't have a problem with the bulb connection I have plenty of those.
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

Ah.

I don't think they have a specific name as such, it would come as pictured if you asked the dealer. Just a multiway plug.

There are variations (watch for PH3 vs PH2 changes as per my 106 issues ie very late models might have something else!) , it would be best to just cut plugs / sockets from the scrapyard if needed and a quick and tidy solder / heatshrink and its done.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG