Not been driving for a while

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Gregg1100
My Cars:

Not been driving for a while

Post by Gregg1100 »

My old Xantia S2 TD has done 2 miles from last April till now. I have got the MOT booked for 1st May. I have just had a shock when buying an accumulator sphere- now £31 from GSF--they were £19 last time i got one. I have been used to a bus pass, so not bothered with the car. But SWMBO has decreed a visit to the outlaws is required.
Apart from a few days out, which would have been handy to have had a car, I miss it like a hole in the head.
Perhaps it would be cheaper to send her on the coach, and me to go to the local , lol.

90 Kawa EN 500 A1- was running---now dead again
04 Kawa GPZ 500 E10 -alive and well.
54 Fiat Punto 1.2 Dynamic

Old Xantias- 16v 2litre 1997 VSX, 2 x 1993 TD Lx, S2 SX 1.9TD
Old Bx's--3 x 1.9 D, 1x 1.6 Auto, 1 x 1.9 GTi, 1 x 1.9 TZS
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Not been driving for a while

Post by CitroJim »

Do you still ride a bike though Greg? if you do, pop the missus on the pillion. Job done :wink:

To be honest, I'd be happy to not need a car for routine stuff and apart from getting to work, which is well out in the sticks and way off any bus route, I perhaps could but what I couldn't ever do without is the playing with cars - that's what floats my boat - not driving them...

Actually, and a big confession here, I actually don't like driving much at all. I hate roll (which is why I have an Activa) and only really like cars that are lazy, cosseting, comfy, easy on the eye and do most of the hard work for you. The V6 Xantia and XM are pretty good in that respect.

I'd rather spanner than drive any day.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Gregg1100
My Cars:

Re: Not been driving for a while

Post by Gregg1100 »

Still got the bikes Jim, still too many, lol. The 1990 Gpz 500, I will start to break---worth more that way. Looking at the GT 550 Shaft to trike it.
I made a jacking bar to go under the EN 500 bike so I can raise it up to get rear wheel off- rear brake sticking like billy o. The En has no main stand, too low. Really enjoyed that, but need to get a MIG welder----my old arc welder is a bit fierce. A bike ramp would be nice too---stop the aching backs , lol.
I rarely touch the car now- will manage to get the sphere done, but as for the timing belt, that is out of the window now. I will see what costs the MOT brings, then make up my mind whether to sell it or not. I will get nothing without an MOT.

EN 500 below---after a fair bit of cleaning. Got the red painted rear hub back to shining ally now.

As I bought it---£150

Greg

90 Kawa EN 500 A1- was running---now dead again
04 Kawa GPZ 500 E10 -alive and well.
54 Fiat Punto 1.2 Dynamic

Old Xantias- 16v 2litre 1997 VSX, 2 x 1993 TD Lx, S2 SX 1.9TD
Old Bx's--3 x 1.9 D, 1x 1.6 Auto, 1 x 1.9 GTi, 1 x 1.9 TZS