Is this the place to discuss beer?

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

handyman
My Cars:

Re: Is this the place to discuss beer?

Post by handyman »

No Steve, its not Vodka its paint stripper! :shock:

'Ere, talking about strippers & beer, how's this? :dom:

H
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Post by qprdude »

handyman wrote:No Steve, its not Vodka its paint stripper! :shock:

'Ere, talking about strippers & beer, how's this? :dom:

H

What kind of beer you reckon that is? =P~
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.
VertVega
My Cars:

Post by VertVega »

Well that looks like a Kournikova Lager 4.5 % :)
C5 II 2.0i 16V - 2005 - Estate - 103KW - EW10A - Petrol - Manual
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Post by qprdude »

Certainly got a decent head on it. [-X
Rick.

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

myglaren wrote: Not really Jim, Koskenkorva is Finnish Vodka and something of a joke/touchy subject in Sweden.
Ahh, and there was I thinking Koskenkorva was an attractive young lady :roll:

Ahh well..
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
qprdude

Post by qprdude »

She is indeed an atractive young lady, and is looking for love. PM me and for an introductory fee, she will fly to visit you. Cheques payable to "qprdude". Full money back gauranteed if package returned unused within 48 hours. The beer is extra!
Rick.

Ben82
My Cars: C5 V6 2004

Post by Ben82 »

Please don't feed cats dry food. Just makes it a convenience to humans, wet food is far better for cats, a lot of it is common sense too, read more over at http://catinfo.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, also don't change any food completely in one go (either to or from wet food) and needs to be introduced gradually over time.
2004 Citroen C5 3L V6 Auto
Brit living in Sweden with an imported from Germany French Car!
handyman
My Cars:

Post by handyman »

Here, here, Ben82.

Cat's metabolism is not developed to accept food designed to maximize profits for the pet food companies nor for the convenience of the owner who cannot be bothered to care for their animals welfare. If looking after any animal is a chore then you should seriously consider your attitude about pets and reconsider the pets welfare first. If you cannot look after the pet properly, think about re-homing it, its not just an acquisition but a living creature that is dependent on you for its well being.

Handyman
qprdude

Post by qprdude »

S'why I don't have any. Beer needs very little looking after.
Rick.

Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

handyman wrote:Here, here, Ben82.

Cat's metabolism is not developed to accept food designed to maximize profits for the pet food companies nor for the convenience of the owner who cannot be bothered to care for their animals welfare. If looking after any animal is a chore then you should seriously consider your attitude about pets and reconsider the pets welfare first. If you cannot look after the pet properly, think about re-homing it, its not just an acquisition but a living creature that is dependent on you for its well being.

Handyman
I've had cats for 39 years. I know how to look after them, thank you very much. I used to volunteer for the CPL. I find your post condescending in the extreme.

My cats get both wet and dry food. They always have. Apart from those that have been run over, they've all lived beyond the average age. None of them have ever been ill.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Northern_Mike wrote:I've had cats for 39 years
I've been around cats all my life and believe me, they live very well indeed with me... I'm a right softie when it comes to cats really...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

CitroJim wrote:
Northern_Mike wrote:I've had cats for 39 years
I've been around cats all my life and believe me, they live very well indeed with me... I'm a right softie when it comes to cats really...
Yes, me too, your cats liked me too! :-D
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

My Mum's cat has to have dry food, as she has developed a condition (Mum did tell me what, but I forgot what it is) that means that normal food causes her (the cat, that is, not my Mum!) severe discomfort and would shorten her life. The dry food she is on (which isn't cheap) doesn't cause her any problems, and she can have a highly enjoyable quality of life.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
spigven

Post by spigven »

CitroJim wrote:

This tread is meaningless to me. I don't drink at all and have not for a good while..

Why? I'm alcohol intolerant. I'm actually totally tolerant of it but my body isn't...

Seems I also have problems with caffeine too My life is presently utterly stimulant free. I seem OK with chocolate though and thank goodness for that

Chocolate and Citroëns: my only pleasures these days

Same here, it's amazing how fickle ones body can be when it gets to middle age. I used to drink frequently and consume gallons of coffee. Now I have to be alcohol and caffeine free, in fact I'm supposed to be free of all stimulants including stress (fat chance). Haven't had alcohol in 3 years and still miss it, accidentally drank a mug of normal coffee before Christmas and was ill for 2 days. Chocolate and Citroens, yes but unfortunately I can currently only afford the chocolate, Green and Blacks 70%, highly addictive.
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

spigven wrote: Haven't had alcohol in 3 years and still miss it, accidentally drank a mug of normal coffee before Christmas and was ill for 2 days. Chocolate and Citroëns, yes but unfortunately I can currently only afford the chocolate, Green and Blacks 70%, highly addictive.
Much the same here, though I do allow myself a blow-out on the beer once a year ,otherwise I'd go completely potty.

The Green and Blacks is very nice, but it's pricey. I find Waitrose own-brand dark chocolate that's 70% and costs £1.10 for a massive bar just as satisfying. This obviously doesn't help if you don't have a Waitrose near you.

Citroens = Stress. Hmm. There's a theme running here isn't there? I'm off to buy something else..