S1 v S2 Xantia

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: S1 v S2 Xantia

Post by CitroJim »

I'm sure the automatic wipers can be retrofitted to an S1 Andy, with a bit of thinking about. Different stalk, a bit of wiring and the sensor should see you good...

Ahh, you upset the teacher. He'd have claimed you mis-read the question but I reckon in all honesty what you presented to him was so far beyond his ability to understand and make sense of so gave yu a low score rather than saying 'Ahh, we have a bright one here!' and giving you the A you deserved.

Nobody who can get their head around SQL should get an E marking in an IT exam ever :twisted:

The only IT exam I've ever taken and passed was a City and Guilds paper in 1977 dealing with analogue computers :lol:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

Most people who knew anything about computers did badly at GCSE IT (or Computer Studies).
Normally because we knew the right answers and the people who wrote the exams didn't.
It'd be like a Chemistry graduate taking a GCSE chemistry exam, they'd fail because what schools teach isn't actually correct.
Two classmates however totally ballsed up their Computer Studies exam, as it was sectioned into grades, so started with the easy F questions and worked it's way up to the harder A questions. We were told you had to get over 3/4 of a section to get that grade, if you got over 1/2 you got the grade below it, however there was more to it than that. These two thought "Right, just need to do the A grade section and if we get over 75% right we get an A, otherwise we'll get a B. They ended up with F's.
Didn't stop them working for Bullfrog though.
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
Gregg1100
My Cars:

Post by Gregg1100 »

I have a pic of the interior of a 1996 2 litre 16v Vsx. S1. Apart from the bloody ridiculous keypad there is no difference in the interior. The dash board bit is the same, just 2 airbags hidden away, again un-necessary. So apart from detail differences, seen one, seen them all. As someone said, to get an HDi engined motor you have to have an S2.

About C5's-- the first one looked the best, to me anyway.

90 Kawa EN 500 A1- was running---now dead again
04 Kawa GPZ 500 E10 -alive and well.
54 Fiat Punto 1.2 Dynamic

Old Xantias- 16v 2litre 1997 VSX, 2 x 1993 TD Lx, S2 SX 1.9TD
Old Bx's--3 x 1.9 D, 1x 1.6 Auto, 1 x 1.9 GTi, 1 x 1.9 TZS
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

Gregg1100 wrote:I have a pic of the interior of a 1996 2 litre 16v Vsx. S1. Apart from the bloody ridiculous keypad there is no difference in the interior. The dash board bit is the same, just 2 airbags hidden away, again un-necessary. So apart from detail differences, seen one, seen them all. As someone said, to get an HDi engined motor you have to have an S2.

About C5's-- the first one looked the best, to me anyway.
As stated before, the interiors are quite different.

S1:
Grab rail with odments shelf, though on some models had a passenger air bag fitted around it
Glove box with room for 1 glove
Keypad instead of odments tray in later models
Steering wheel held on with nut
Radio controls on steering wheel tucked out the way so difficult to catch while turning wheel
Radio with mp3 player socket
Long easy access door pockets
Horn on end of stalk
Rear window heater button on dashboard

S2:
Airbag integrated into passenger side of dash reducing storage space
Glovebox with room for 2 gloves
Odment tray instead of immobiliser keypad
Steering wheel held on with torx bolt
Large easy to knock radio controls on steering wheel
Radio without mp3 player socket
Smaller door pockets and door pockets integrated into the door handles that require the arms of small children to get anything out of them
Horn under steering wheel airbag making it easy to sound unintensionally
Rear window heater button on end of wiper stalk as design team were obviously smoking something when they came up with that one
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

There are subtle styling difference between the S1 and S2, mainly the function buttons, passenger airbag area and the trim along the clock area.

I really like the door armrest cubbies in the S2, ideal for putting mints etc, or wallet out of sight. With the armrest in the open position it is in the perfect place for an armrest for me while driving, so with the centre rest down, I have two armrests. Not so in my series 1.

It really is 6 and two 3s, it all makes little odds to me, I like them both for different reasons.

The HDi is the only Xantia I would have for daily use, so it's an S2 for me. As I've said earlier, if its a petrol Xantia your after then I would ideally go for a S1 in either Activa or V6. They have the slightly different front end styling, wider track etc which to me sets them apart from the rest of the range. All S2s look the same.
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10