Fuse Panel Shunt - Pre Multiplex PSA

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Fuse Panel Shunt - Pre Multiplex PSA

Post by addo »

What I want to know, is what position is "showroom"? Is it towards the centre strip of fuses, or the outer strip?

Vehicle in question an '00 Berlingo but assume the Xantia, Xsara etc would be no different in convention.

Thanks, Adam.
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Re: Fuse Panel Shunt - Pre Multiplex PSA

Post by spider »

I **think** its the outer strip but I'm reluctant to say even that as its been so long I cannot be sure. I'm not even 100% if it was a complete move or just a "one down or one up" with these.

I did not do that many PDI's, I tended to get a lot of repairs like radiators and curious wiring faults (pre-plexed)
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

addo wrote:What I want to know, is what position is "showroom"? Is it towards the centre strip of fuses, or the outer strip?

Vehicle in question an '00 Berlingo but assume the Xantia, Xsara etc would be no different in convention.

Thanks, Adam.
When they come from the factory the shunt fuse is removed (normally left in the drivers door pocket) & there is a 30 amp fuse in where the shunt fuse normally goes but in a slightly different position. The shunt fuse is slightly wider than a normal fuse so you can't put them in the wrong place.
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Ta for that snippet about shunt width.

I might plug in a couple of 5mm male spades and buzz out the available terminal slots to see what is active, when.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Should add its not actually showroom mode, it's more of a storage mode to stop the battery going flat if the car is sitting in a compound for months.
Showroom mode is a bit different & is more for multiplexed cars, a 'showroom' harness is plugged into the car then configured with Lexia, this allows some of the things that switch off with eco mode to keep working & a trikle charger to be connected so doors can be left open in the showroom to let customers nosey around. I cant say I've ever seen a dealer use the showroom harness though.
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Wow, sounds like a fun train job designing the showroom harnesses for nobody to use. "Writing the words of a sermon that no-one will hear"

Yet to test the fusepanel - a weekend job if the temperature drops enough.