Dogs & anything else with 4 legs.

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Jaine
My Cars:

Dogs & anything else with 4 legs.

Post by Jaine »

Lets see your furry family
This is Dylan he is one year old bedlington whippet cross & an absolute star.
This is Loki she is 3 yrs old bedlington whippet cross.
This is Ziggy, my baby boy, he is two years old & a saluki greyhound. Rescue who had a terrible start to his life.

Also got two cats, Tiger & Sooty & two Degus called Ronnie & Reggie. :-D
If I throw a stick, will you leave?.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Dogs & anything else with 4 legs.

Post by CitroJim »

Two cats. Ollie and Fluffball. Both black and very long-haired.

They will not appreciate their pictures on here as both have been recently de-matted and are looking a bit sheepish - in that they look like they've been sheared by the shepherd in the SpecSavers advert :roll: :lol:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

This is Saffi, my father in law's labrador, although she doesn't think she's a dog.
She was the runt of the litter, picked on by the others and brought home by my brother in law then hand reared.
My FiL had been in a serious car accident, had to give up work and was in a lot of pain so the last thing he wanted was a dog, however Saffi waddled up the garden straight away and fell asleep at his feet. They've been inseperable ever since.
She's got diabetes now, but it's under control with insulin and a 5 star diet (seriously, she eats better than the rest of us and huffs if she doesn't get her slice of apple at 7pm).

1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
Jaine
My Cars:

Post by Jaine »

Hello Saffi x
If I throw a stick, will you leave?.
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

This is my Barney Boy

13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

DickieG wrote:This is my Barney Boy

and very nice and friendly he is too Richard!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Hello Barney!

He certainly is a very friendly dog Mike but he has a real bark on him. A great guard dog too. He'd initially terrorise a burglar and then lick them into submission....
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

I have two cats.

I suspect that won't work.

Anyway, the tabby is called Suzy, the black one is called Tequila. She's called Tequila because a friend of mine thought it would be amusing, as she once heard my Colombian wife shout "Tequila!" at a party..

She's since been renamed Cat-ila, because that's how our 3 year old pronounces Tequila..

They are not usually much livelier than the picture suggests.
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

CitroJim wrote:Hello Barney!

He certainly is a very friendly dog Mike but he has a real bark on him. A great guard dog too. He'd initially terrorise a burglar and then lick them into submission....
I have encountered the lovely Barney a few times, he's great!

My mum's staffy was a terrifying looking beast when he was frothing at the mouth and barking at people. He was another that would lick them to death..
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

Here our is our lot:

Chilli, my Staffy. She is 11 years old now and has quite a worrying health issue, but is very happy in herself and is healthy otherwise. We got her when she was 6-8 weeks old and she has been a huge part of my life since then. She is a real companion, really caring, very intelligent and she thinks she is human!

Gizmo, he is a staffy cross lab (maybe cross something else). We got him when he was 8 weeks old, though I think he was much younger, from the dogs trust. They had got him and his brothers and sisters in as a cruelty case, him having lost half a tail. He is the also has health issues resulting from his awful start to life, really bad joints and a very limited diet. He also has allergies and so has been on and off steroids for al his life, so he soon puts on weight. He is now coming up to 6 but he appears and looks much older. He is a very heavily built dog, even as a pup he was solid, he is huge and weighs about 6 stone. He is the least energetic dog Ive known, he hates walks, just likes to lay around, he's a big softie but not the brightest :lol:

Jasper, a Jack Russel cross Cocker Spaniell, we have only had him for about a month, he is around 14 weeks old now. Full of beans and has way too much energy but he is very well behaved. He loves the other dogs, usually gets put in his place by Gizmo but Chilli likes to play with him, not a great thing as she will teach him too many bad habits! He is proving to be very intelligent and easy to train, I can see him turning into a really loyal dog. (he is sat on my knee as I type!)

We also have a 45 year old tortoise, two horses and a massive amount of guineapigs - luckily they have their own shed in the garden!
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

Lovely dogs Chris, I will have one again one day. My uncle had a lab/staffie Cross called Spike. Lovely dog, but utterly daft as a brush.

My mum's staffy lived 13 years, he had some sort of cancer, which they diagnosed, then got a second opinion. He wasn't in any pain, but they had him put down the next day.It was very sad, but he didn't suffer one bit.
Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Post by Deanxm »

Copy of IOW car show @ Ryde2 by Deanxm, on Flickr

Annita, was going to be a working dog on my uncles farm but didnt work well so i took her when she was 18months old and brouht her back, great with kids and hates cats, good girl :lol:

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

Rattiva_Mike wrote:Lovely dogs Chris, I will have one again one day. My uncle had a lab/staffie Cross called Spike. Lovely dog, but utterly daft as a brush.

My mum's staffy lived 13 years, he had some sort of cancer, which they diagnosed, then got a second opinion. He wasn't in any pain, but they had him put down the next day.It was very sad, but he didn't suffer one bit.
Thats not a bad age, it is a shame that it is how they usually end :(

While I would never like to be without a dog, its awful when they are no longer in your life. We have had all kinds of animals and nothing becomes more apart of the family as a dog, they really are just another member of the family.
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Four legs good, two legs better.

The late Mr Pidgy:

andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

My two Henry and Harvey taking in the view of the beach:

Henry:

Harvey:

Maybe this doesn't count, my sister's hound Dexter in one of the funniest pictures I've seen
in a while that's perfect for a caption competition:

The three amigos conga on the beach:

Nothing moves you like a Citroën