Driving music

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Xaccers
My Cars:

Re:

Post by Xaccers »

addo wrote:I'm actually fortunate (usually!) in being one of those people who can constantly hear music in my head.

It makes a choice of external tunes, less imperative. Except when (for example) DJ Brain is playing
Uh oh, we're in trouble
Something's come along
And it's burst our bubble...

:roll:
Ghaaarrrrr! You git! Now I've got that going through my head!
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
Northern_Mike

Re:

Post by Northern_Mike »

addo wrote:I'm actually fortunate (usually!) in being one of those people who can constantly hear music in my head.

It makes a choice of external tunes, less imperative. Except when (for example) DJ Brain is playing
Uh oh, we're in trouble
Something's come along
And it's burst our bubble...

:roll:
I get this a lot in Citroens..
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Xac wrote:Ghaaarrrrr! You git! Now I've got that going through my head!
ROFL; London to a brick you just watched it on Youtube for good measure.

Reckon the closest I get to "mellow" driving music is LCD Soundsystem.
Northern_Mike

Re: Driving music

Post by Northern_Mike »

I do like something reasonably upbeat. I just like to be able to turn it up louder than the numerous rattles that the car makes.
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

Who needs tunes on the radio - got v6! :D
Nothing moves you like a Citroën
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

andmcit wrote:Who needs tunes on the radio - got v6! :D
A V8 with unsilenced pipes wouldn't drown out the rattles and squeaks from a Berlingo Multispace Modutop..
Xaccers
My Cars:

Re:

Post by Xaccers »

addo wrote:
Xac wrote:Ghaaarrrrr! You git! Now I've got that going through my head!
ROFL; London to a brick you just watched it on Youtube for good measure.

Reckon the closest I get to "mellow" driving music is LCD Soundsystem.
Hmm, I know your email address, maybe it's time you signed up to the Justin Bieber fan club ;)
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
Xantianut
My Cars: 2002 C5 2.0 HDi 110 SX

RIP:
1993 Xantia 1.8i LX
1989 BX16TRS
1986 BX14E x 2

Post by Xantianut »

Ay up!

Personally I favour one of two soundtracks.

Either: Steve Earle or the Eagles.

The latter is in the stereo right now.
C5 HDi 110 SX (Fifi 7 or Otterchops)

RIP
Citroen Xantia 1.8i LX (Fifi 6)
BX16TRS (x2) (Fifi 4 and 5)
BX19DTR (Fifi 2)
BX14E (x2) (Fifi 1 and 3)
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

andmcit wrote:Who needs tunes on the radio - got v6! :D
Or with an S1 XM, regulator tick and FDV hiss quite audible in the cabin. It's quite pleasant in its own way..

Adam, saying about music getting in your head. I'm terrible for that. I only need to hear a few bars of a song I like and it's there all day and often longer. If I've not got it as an MP3 I go and download it...

My musical taste is wider than a used car salesman. I can't say I like anything in particular. If I like it I like it and don't give a toss who it's by or what genre it is, how old it is or how cool it's perceived to be...

It extends all the way from classical to heavy rock... It all depends on my mood really and how I'm feeling.Most music I listen to means something, a reminder of a particular event or period in my life. Glam rock just takes me straight back to my young teenage years, Barry Manilow to my first proper kiss and Eric Clappedout to a very distressing and bleak period in my life - I don't listen to him very much these days. If I hear Bell-Bottom Blues I tend to go a bit quiet and try to run away from it... Ditto Jim Reeves for the same reason.

This is a screenshot of what currently playing on my MP3 player...
music.jpg
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

[quote="CitroJim"[/quote]
My musical taste is wider than a used car salesman. I can't say I like anything in particular. If I like it I like it and don't give a toss who it's by or what genre it is, how old it is or how cool it's perceived to be...[/quote]

I can go along with that, I don't have much classical - I find it hard work to drive too. It makes me either fall asleep, or drive like a lunatic . For a mix of both classical and metal, you might want to avail yourself of a copy of Metallica's S&M album. It's brilliant, I think it's the best thing Metallica ever did (and they didn't do anything of note to me after The Black Album).

I am not a fan of most "modern" music. I grew up with Slade, Quo, Iron Maiden, Queen and Dire Straits. Oasis were brilliant for the first couple of albums, then disappeared up their own bottoms believing the hype. I discovered some Brazilian Music via my ex wife, Chico Buarque is particularly good (Folky) and I liked the Colombian singer who has a nice bottom but cannot be named, before I met Adriana. I've seen her in concert a couple of times, she's brilliant. Also saw Guns'n'Roses at MK Bowl in 1993 on my 20th birthday - brilliant too, but ZZ-Top, AC/DC, Quo, and Shania Twain were better. The Colombian lady with a nice bottom who cannot be named was the best gig, with the best band behind her - which is surprising to me still!

I saw Clapton at the Albert Hall in 1996, in his "unplugged" phase, where he was in danger of disappearing up his own bottom too. It was perhaps the worst gig I ever went to. BOOORRRIIINNGGG. Alanis Morrisette at Wembley Arena was dire,
Citroening
My Cars: Various Makes/Models Nowadays...

Post by Citroening »

I don't tend to have any CDs in the C4 as it's just got the single CD Player in the front and hasn't got a changer, which would be quite nice I must admit...

Whatever's on the Radio I pretty much listen to as my taste of music is quite varied... Radio Presets set as Radio 1, BBC Radio 2, Heart FM and Kiss FM.

Haven't put the subs and amps in the C4...yet...! :lol: :wink: :twisted:

Franklin
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

What :shock: You mean you haven’t got Radio 4 on a preset Franklin :twisted:

I'm very disappointed :(

Back when they were younger my girls used to change my wireless to Radio 1 :evil: as soon as they go in the car. I fixed that. i set every preset to Radio 4 :)
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Citroening
My Cars: Various Makes/Models Nowadays...

Post by Citroening »

:oops: :lol: :wink:

Can't say I've probably ever listened to Radio 4 Jim...I'll give it a whirl tomorrow... :wink:

Like Trainman, got to have that Drum and Bass... :wink:
Franklin
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Citroening wrote: Can't say I've probably ever listened to Radio 4 Jim...I'll give it a whirl tomorrow... :wink:
Do! 12:30 tomorrow lunchtime. The News Quiz with Sandy Toksvig. I guarantee you'll cry laughing. Not all of R4 is serious and it does have some incredibly good comedy of which the above is an example; a satirical look at the news in the past week...

Then after Sandy has made you giggle you can listen to Any Questions. A serious look at the news of the past week...

And don't miss Gardeners Question Time on Sunday afternoon :wink:
Jim

Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

CitroJim wrote:
Citroening wrote: Can't say I've probably ever listened to Radio 4 Jim...I'll give it a whirl tomorrow... :wink:
Do! 12:30 tomorrow lunchtime. The News Quiz with Sandy Toksvig. I guarantee you'll cry laughing. Not all of R4 is serious and it does have some incredibly good comedy of which the above is an example; a satirical look at the news in the past week...

Then after Sandy has made you giggle you can listen to Any Questions. A serious look at the news of the past week...

And don't miss Gardeners Question Time on Sunday afternoon :wink:
I have to say, Jim's right about the News Quiz. Some of the stuff on at 6:30pm is good too, though I'm not sure what it's called. I always listen to the Today programme in the morning if my drive to work coincides with it.