Berlingo Crew Cab Pick-Up?

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

RobinMasters

Re: Berlingo Crew Cab Pick-Up?

Post by RobinMasters »

I was about to post something highly critical about the 'Berlingo Multiwagon' being a lash-up, but did a bit of Googling first.

It might be kosher; from here:

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/On+the+Mo ... a060820169
"As a major UK supplier of light commercial vehicles, Citroen intends to expand its activity with converters to ensure it can meet the widest possible range of transport business requirements.""

Examples of Citroen's diverse body specifications include the neat Berlingo Multiwagon, double-cab pick-up pick-up, devised by Walker Special Vehicles Ltd.
And from a slightly more reputable-looking source:

http://www2.whatvan.co.uk/relatednews1.asp?id=3216
A four-door, five-seater, LDV Cub crew cab pick-up has been developed by Dunstable, Beds, based Walker Special Vehicles. On display on the LDV stand at this year’s Institute of Wastes Management Show — held once again at Paignton in Devon — the cab’s three high-back rear seats are all fitted with lap-and-diagonal belts and have bases which can be tipped up. The rear side doors slide open and feature sliding windows. With a 1.7m long bed, the Crew-Cub’s cargo box has glass fibre sides and a tailboard with a centrally-mounted release handle. It drops to a horizontal position when released — it cannot be dropped down completely — and is held in place with restraining wires.

The load area has four cargo tie-down rings. The payload is 1,000kg, falling to around 500/600kg with a full crew on board, and the vehicle qualifies for the VAT reclamation concession introduced for crew cab pick-ups last year.

The conversion costs approximately £2,500 to £3,500, plus £10,525 for the base vehicle. Walker has converted Citroën’s Berlingo in a similar way, and it’s about to go into production.
The only company I can find called 'Walker Special Vehicles Limited' isn't called that anymore, it's been called Mech-Mate for the last ten years and they make garage flooring. A mystery.
Timmo
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 58 partner teepee outdoor hdi.
58 C2 Code in black! Fun!

Re: Berlingo Crew Cab Pick-Up?

Post by Timmo »

Isn't that LDV van/pick up not just a nissan serena with a bed on the back?? - one of The worst people carriers ever! Slower than moses!
After All, I am the Cornish one!

'58 C2 Code
'58 partner teepee outdoor