New Xantia Files Columnist Sought...

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

New Xantia Files Columnist Sought...

Post by CitroJim »

As many of you know, for some time now I have been the Xantia Files columnist for the CCC Citroenian magazine.

Sadly and very regrettably I must now relinquish this post for reasons many of you will be aware; if not see my blog.

If anyone is interested in taking over the column then please get in touch with me in the first instance.

I will be remaining in the post until a successor is appointed and will continue to contribute an albeit much shorter column each month until such times as my successor has their feet well under the table.

I'm also more than happy to ease any successor into the job gently by passing on a few tips and so on.

Thanks!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Re: New Xantia Files Columnist Sought...

Post by Citroenmad »

I'll miss your columns Jim :(

I would really like to take on a column, however I feel I would be better suited to the C5 files rather than Xantia, Ive only my Activa to go on ...
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
davetherave
My Cars:

Post by davetherave »

Shame you wont be doing it anymore Jim, Yours is always an interesting read. However us lucky FCFers still have a massive database of Jims knowledge stored here!
Im sure someone will take it on.
(95) XM Silver 2.1td Exclusive.
(87) Cx 2.5 DTR T1 undergoing major cosmetic surgery.
GPZ500s
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

I think writing "Drove it the same 30 miles a day, filled it with junk, heard another funny noise - turned the radio up. Thought about washing / cleaning it" every month would wear a bit thin pretty quickly! Hope you find a worth successor Jim / feel better soon!
Richard W
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

CitroJim wrote:As many of you know, for some time now I have been the Xantia Files columnist for the CCC Citroenian magazine.

Sadly and very regrettably I must now relinquish this post for reasons many of you will be aware; if not see my blog.

Thanks!
Sorry to hear that Jim. I'd do it. The small problem being that though I have oodles of time to do it, I have not got the knowledge! I tend to lend my cars to people who write such blogs, and get them back fixed 10 months later. It doesn't help one learn about the inner workings :P
Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Post by Deanxm »

I think if Chris were to look under the drivers seat of his new V6 he would find the Xantia files cap, i bet it would fit pretty well too :lol:

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
Citroenmad
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

Deanxm wrote:I think if Chris were to look under the drivers seat of his new V6 he would find the Xantia files cap, i bet it would fit pretty well too :lol:

D
:lol: Thanks Dean, I am seriously considering it. I could not live up to the past two columnists or have as much technical input but Im sure it could be interesting. :lol:
Chris
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by red_dwarfers »

Technical knowledge is something that can be developed if you have an interest, all the more to write about, might even help jobs get done so you do have something to write about! You quite obviously enjoy writing about cars judging from your posts on here and you're very good at bringing across a balanced view. As I'm sure I've said before, you do have a knack for writing, I can quite happily sit down and read one of your epic posts without getting bored, usually go through a teapots worth of tea and a few packets of biscuits mind. I get the idea that you're a fairly organised chap too and if you ever get a bit low on stuff I'm sure the rest of us can muck in with something.

Right, you'd better crack on and create a new folder in 'My Documents' :lol:

EDIT: Added a bit more!
Last edited by red_dwarfers on 27 Aug 2012, 10:13, edited 2 times in total.
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

I agree with Kev, I think Chris would make an excellent columnist..
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

Mind, a volunteer is worth 10 press-ganged men so go easy on Chris guys! lol
Nothing moves you like a Citroën
Citroenmad
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

Thanks guys :-D

It would definitely be a challenge but Im sure I would enjoy it :-D I do enjoy writing about cars Kev and I have often wanted to give a Citroenian Column a go.

I guess I need to talk to Jim and see exactly what it entails, I am interested in doing it :)
Chris
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

If you want to buy some time, I could knock up a "Xantia Down Under" filler piece?
Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Post by Deanxm »

there you go thats the first one done, i could do you a bit about bringing my Activa back from the dead too but i have to finnish the one im doing for Robert on the XM first as i promised him that, oooh, 6 months ago :oops:

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Excellent stuff :-D I've been quiet this afternoon putting a column together as I'm two days past the deadline...

Well there, two month's worth of copy already Chris :-D Kev, I fully agree on your words on reading Chris's posts. They cause me to consume some significant quantities of tea too. Do you reckon he's on a back-hander from PG Tips?
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

I've also been doing the CXM Convoy Drive route instructions. Are you ever going to love it :twisted:
Jim