Danger- UXB

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

reblack68
My Cars:

Danger- UXB

Post by reblack68 »

Somebody just sent me a link to this news story http://www.itv.com/news/calendar/update ... ld-banger/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Look at the picture before you read the text and see if you can identify the suspicious device. :-D
Richard

No French cars of my own at present.
Care of a 1994 205 D.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Re: Danger- UXB

Post by myglaren »

:-D :-D :-D
You couldn't make it up!

Jim, beware of visits from the bomb squad at work :)
red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by red_dwarfers »

Moral of the story? Don't park an Activa on a street that has a suspected car bomb. When they realise there's ten spheres half the county would be evacuated :lol:
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

I used to airsoft at Finmere, which is an old RAF/USAF base (long ago).
The chap who runs the day was walking through the woods trying not to look at any of the hidden players, kicking his feet through the leaves.
He kicked something hard and round that went rolling away.
Looking at it, he saw it was a grenade, and thought it was possibly a blank firing or gas one lost sometime in the recent past, until he picked it up, saw it was real, and saw the pin and spoon was missing so carefully put it back down.
The police were called, and the bomb squad summoned, it took them 40 minutes to arrive as apparently they were having a busy day!
The grenade was destroyed leaving an unimpressive foot wide divot in the ground.

Image Image
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

I've felt ever so tempted on occasion to use these as a grenade to vent my displeasure
regarding certain acts of petty officialdom encountered whilst Citroening...
Nothing moves you like a Citroën
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

myglaren wrote: Jim, beware of visits from the bomb squad at work :)
I'd be more worried about them looking in my workshop :lol:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
nick
My Cars:

Post by nick »

I bet the bomb squad get sick of them :) , this seems to happen every couple of years:

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/4547251.print/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/Suspe ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
at least they then found an actual grenade!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/norfolk/3657984.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

years ago i had a GS estate we had just got home from a 400 mile trip away, about 6 months previous to going away we had move house and our cat had taken to going back to our old address every couple of weeks or so,
on ariving home we thought before getting out of the car we would drive by the old address to collect the cat,
on arriving back home switched the engine off and it back fired and caught the air filter alight,
a neighbor called the fire brigade who on arrival made everyone stand well clear then with a long crowbar tried prizing the back end of the bonnet open,

i tried to show them the bonnet opens from the front but they wouldnt let me near, and said they dont like going out to citroens on fire because of the risk of explosion,

the time it took them to finally get under the bonnet the fire had got a good hold and caused quite a lot of damage
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
nick
My Cars:

Post by nick »

citronut wrote:years ago i had a GS estate we had just got home from a 400 mile trip away, about 6 months previous to going away we had move house and our cat had taken to going back to our old address every couple of weeks or so,
on ariving home we thought before getting out of the car we would drive by the old address to collect the cat,
on arriving back home switched the engine off and it back fired and caught the air filter alight,
a neighbor called the fire brigade who on arrival made everyone stand well clear then with a long crowbar tried prizing the back end of the bonnet open,

i tried to show them the bonnet opens from the front but they wouldnt let me near, and said they dont like going out to Citroëns on fire because of the risk of explosion,

the time it took them to finally get under the bonnet the fire had got a good hold and caused quite a lot of damage
I'm surprised at that. I've seen Citroens totally burned out, alloy wheels melted etc, but with all the spheres still completely intact. The steel of a sphere is so thick it would outlast the rest of the car by a long way.

The thing that would worry me about a GS underbonnet fire would be the spare tyre sat on top of the engine, likely to go pop if it got hot enough.