PSA poised to close Aulnay-sous-Bois

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Citroening
My Cars: Various Makes/Models Nowadays...

PSA poised to close Aulnay-sous-Bois

Post by Citroening »

Spotted this on the CCC:
"French car giant PSA Peugeot Citroën is expected to announce the closure of its historic Paris plant at Aulnay-sous-Bois, spelling deep trouble for the 3,300 strong workforce and the already disadvantaged surrounding region.

"The scale of the “disaster” will become clear in the coming days, with PSA Peugeot Citroën expected to announce further details of its cost cutting plan, which could see the loss of up to 10,000 job nationwide....

"...If PSA bosses are facing rising anger from their anxious workforce on one side, they are also under pressure because of their declining share in France’s stumbling automobile industry.

"According to the latest figures from France’s car manufacturing association CCFA, PSA Peugeot Citroën, the country’s biggest and most symbolic car maker, suffered a 10 percent drop in new vehicle registrations in June 2012.

"The outlook looks unlikely to get any brighter for PSA, with the head of the CCFA, Patrick Blain, predicting an 8% to 12% decline in the overall French automobile market in 2012.

"For PSA bosses, that gloomy outlook, the rising production costs and the fact that some of their factories, including the Aulnay plant, are reportedly functioning as much as 50% below their capacity, justifies their €1billion cost reduction plan."
source: France 24
Phil wrote:This will have implications for the Citroen Conservatoire, of course. I think the rumour is that the collection will be moved, not broken up. Hopefully we get confirmation this week.

There was some speculation that the Conservatoire would be moved possibly Valenciennes. Which is very much Citroen's most modern plant.
I wonder if they will simply relocate the cars from the Conservatoire, or will be selling them off...

There's some incredible cars in that place...
Franklin