Goodridge Hoses, Good Rap

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Goodridge Hoses, Good Rap

Post by addo »

I had cause to raise a technical point with Goodridge recently. Was expecting either no response, or a brush-off, given the size of their business.

Amazingly, they not only replied promptly, but acknowledged the validity of my email and have offered to make things right at their expense. :-D This leaves me at once surprised, pleased and impressed.

More to the point, this is proper customer service! It's how you secure a customer who may be on the fence. I reckon that about merits them a spot in our "recommended products and services" listings.

Cheers, Adam.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Goodridge Hoses, Good Rap

Post by CitroJim »

Excellent, that is good news to hear of a large company that really do care...
addo wrote: More to the point, this is proper customer service! It's how you secure a customer who may be on the fence. I reckon that about merits them a spot in our "recommended products and services" listings.
I agree Adam...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
SaabC5
My Cars: 09 C5 X7 2.0Hdi Exclusive

Post by SaabC5 »

Having used Goodridge hoses on other performance vehicles i can attest how good a quality their products are. :yes:
09 C5 X7 2.0Hdi Exclusive in Perla Nera black (the best colour) :wink:
Timmo
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 58 partner teepee outdoor hdi.
58 C2 Code in black! Fun!

Post by Timmo »

two guys that lived where i used to work in a pub worked for goodridge, george had been there Many Many years! he always had high performance company cars, and drove them hard!! remember mostly his white Niissan S14 240sx! got stolen one night from the town, brother and his mate saw it and blocked it in at a carpark and rang hium etc. used to hear tales of times it took him to get from where he lived to the offices!! how he kept his licence i'll never know!! andrew was an apprentice to george in the beginning and thern progressed on, he used to have an office at every major race track base on the F1 circuit! ended up as the company rep for the F1 devision! lovely chap, down to earth, was chatting one day about the braided kits, i was interested in getting a set for my car at the time (309 gti) and thoguth he would be the guy to ask, couple of days later he popped into the pub with a full 6 hose braided kit for the car, Gratis!
cant say i noticed any difference with them, but then the brakes were pretty damn good anyways!!
was wondering how there pipes worked on the hydraulic cits though! lhm and the seals etc???
After All, I am the Cornish one!

'58 C2 Code
'58 partner teepee outdoor
HDI
My Cars:

Post by HDI »

Just for information, all stainless braided brake, fittings and kits are pretty much the same, regardless of the supplier. The hose is only made by 2 or 3 companies in the UK and all the hose and fitting companies use them. You can even make your own, as I do ! The hose would be perfectly ok with LHM, in fact LHM is less aggressive than normal brake fluid, it's just a normal mineral oil. The hose is actually a PTFE tube with stainless steel overbraiding. I replaced the main pressure feed from the hydraulic pump on mine with this stuff ages ago, no problems at all.
Now using '00 Xantia LX HDI, pov spec :(
My past Citroens :-
'00 Xantia SX HDI, now dead due to accident :(
'99 Xantia HDI 110 Exclusive, RIP :(
'97 Xantia TD SX
'96 Xantia TD LX
'96 ZX TD
'89 BX TD
'88 AX GT
'79 CX2400 Pallas (scrapped :( )
& a couple of Peugeots !
Timmo
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 58 partner teepee outdoor hdi.
58 C2 Code in black! Fun!

Post by Timmo »

I run full braided lines on the mtb! 8) not really needed over std unless your punishing the brakes on a long downhill but Look the nuts! Haha!
After All, I am the Cornish one!

'58 C2 Code
'58 partner teepee outdoor