Views on non age related number plates?

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

waynedance

Views on non age related number plates?

Post by waynedance »

Ok I have always fancied a private reg plate with my initials. ie ** WAC

What do folks think of having a personal plate?
What do you think when you see a car with a private plate? not including people that mis spell them or have illegal spacing.
Volvo S80 D5.........
C5 2.2HDi Exclusive 2003 manual (now gone).
2009 Renault Megane, the misses drive.
Had a 1988 BX 19TRS Auto many moons ago.
Forgive any spelling mistakes, it's the phone not me.
Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Re: Views on non age related number plates?

Post by Deanxm »

If you want to get yourself one then do it, some are funny, most are not but it is a nice way to hide the age of a car and make it a bit more individual, i always fancied an xm related one, i think D1 CXM was up for about £300 which would be nice................one day.

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Do it :-D

I have one on my Activa - N2XAN

Those I like, the ones where certain characters are distorted or mis-spaced to make some word or name are just plain wrong.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

Saw a Ford GT just off the A5 with V8R'N'R, the mounting screws being the ' on the square number plate, made me smile :)
On my Meganne I tried to get XAC but wasn't able, and XRD was amongst the alternatives so as it had 3 doors and was a diesel I went for that.
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

I have a few personal plates, they can be a bit of fun and if you buy the right one make a fair few quid. The downside to them is when you change your car as it costs £80 to transfer the plate every time you change car, you then need to factor in that to transfer plates between cars you need to own both cars at the same time and have the V5's in your name which will cause about a 4-6 weeks delay by the time you get all the V5's back etc. However if you pay an extra £20 you can put the plate on a retention certificate but you still need to have the V5 back with the original number on before you allow the car to go to the buyer.

To carry out the plate change you can post all the documents to your local DVLC or for a quicker service visit one in person but from personal experience the service you get can be somewhat variable :wink: :roll: One thing to factor in with the local DVLC's is that the Government are in the process of closing them all so in the not too distant future to carry out a plate transfer it'll be a case of posting all documents to the big black hole in South Wales and hoping that you get some of them back [-o<
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
JohnD
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 2010 Citroen C5-X7 tourer
1998 Citroen Saxo 1.5D
2018 Citroen C4-B7
1998 Peugeot 306. 1.9D
2011 Citroen C1

Post by JohnD »

I have an ageless number plate on my C5. It begins OUI 9***. It always raises some comments from the French when ever I go into Euroland. On my previous Xantia I had a PIL **** and for several years I was known by my Dutch neighbours as Mr. Pil. Going further back still, my BX TZD had the plate BXI69**. The DVLA site says that the BX is currently on sorn so it's still around. However I've never paid more than £99+the transfer fee for any personal plate.
2010 C5 X7 VTR+Nav 160
1998 1.5 Saxo
1998 Pug 306 1.9D
2018 C4 B7 VTR+
2011 Citroen C1
R9UKE
My Cars:

Post by R9UKE »

You like your Northern Irish plates then, John!

I think personal plates are great. I when I see "normal" cars like Citroens, Renaults etc wearing personal plates, I think it makes them look a little more cherished - especially when it relates to the car. There's a few I see around, a Citroen C5 with "C5 DPF", A Peugeot 1007 with "CKZ 1007" and a Peugeot 607 with "YJI 607".

I would really really love "V6 LAG" for my Laguna V6, but unfortunately it's already on a Laguna V6 somewhere out there :(
French is best.
bxzx16v
My Cars: Past Frenchies , 4xBx16v,1xBxGti,1xBxTzd,2xZx Volcanes,1xZx reflex,1xPug 405mi16, 3x Xantia 1.9td's,1x Xantia activa, 2x Renault 25 V6 turbo, 1 Zx16v ,1 Pug 406 V6 coupe ,1x C8 , 1x Berlingo van , 1x Xanti 2.1td , 1x Renault Laguna 3

Post by bxzx16v »

Go for it , as mention above they can make a nice clean car stand out from the crowd , I've got one and the wife has two and they don't have to cost a fortune either

Mark
2009 Landrover Freelander 2 TD4se (killed an Audi) , sadly now gone .
2012 Landrover Freelander 2 SD4 AUTO Love it . Now gone .
2014 Ford Bmax 1.0 Ecoboost Zetec . Fantastic little machine .Gone now.
2014 Ford Focus 2.0 Tdci Zetec S with the French heart.
waynedance

Post by waynedance »

The one I am looking at is £405 all in from dvla site "G6 WAC"
WAC is my initials and G6 does not mean anything but a mate did say a G6 was an expensive private jet.

95% there to ordering, just need to be sure its the one.
Volvo S80 D5.........
Citroening
My Cars: Various Makes/Models Nowadays...

Post by Citroening »

I like them - makes the car that bit more personal.

I'd like to get C41 OEB (C4 LOEB) for my Loeb I must admit! F 5 RUG (nearly my name, however missing one G!) is still available but too dear at the moment.

There used to be H8 TBX (HOT BX) that used to be on a BX Valver that dad had. Danny has got C1 TCX (CIT CX) on a GTi T2, Tim has got C1 TBX (CIT BX) on his BX GT and Robert has got C1 TGT (CIT GT) on his Visa GTi.
Franklin
R9UKE
My Cars:

Post by R9UKE »

Franklin my friend has C21 OEB on his C2 Loeb :)

There's a guy with V5 WTF on his Vel Satis. Vel Satis What The F*ck - probably what people are saying as it blasts off... Its a 3.5 V6!

G6 WAC is a nice one, I'd say go for it!
French is best.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

waynedance wrote: G6 does not mean anything but a mate did say a G6 was an expensive private jet.
It was also the first Colour TV made by Philips in 1967. It was a very characterful ( :twisted: ) hybrid affair (valves and transistors) and the first generation were dual-standard (405 and 625 lines). usually they were in a console cabinet with doors made of very fine wood and for the time, cost an absolute bomb...

Those of us who were TV Service engineers at the time either loved or loathed them. I loved them to bits and saw each one as a challenge... Imagine the TV equivalent of an Activa and you're not far off the mark...

Of the early colour TVs it was arguably the best of the bunch. I ran one right up until 1982...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

G6 is the Gulfstream 650 by the looks of things

1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
Trainman
(Donor 2018)
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather
2017 1.6HDi Berlingo Van - the works van

Post by Trainman »

I got offered C6 EXC to go on mine sometime ago, but the guy wanted about £1000. For it and I didn't have the cash then. :roll: Somebody had C17RON a while ago which I would consider if the process right.... :-D
Steve

2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather

http://c6owners.org/index.php
waynedance

Post by waynedance »

Stuff the plate I will have the jet.
Volvo S80 D5.........