Anti-Citroen...

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

andmcit
My Cars:

Re: Anti-Citroen...

Post by andmcit »

I will still forever despise Audi drivers after many dicey encounters with them: they're psychotic.

The pattern I've noticed now is the prevalence of an ever expanding hoard of zombie drivers
where 30mph is too fast but it seems, despite the glacial speed there is no absolutely no awareness
of other road users nor thought or consideration in evidence whilst unfortunately sharing the
same road with them. Examples are numerous and tedious but at any random point will see one
stop dead on a road without any warning where the change in movement and actually stationary
is easy to miss as there's little to differentiate between the two states. I've concluded years back
but even now more significantly so, that the only safe time to travel on the local roads now is
between 2:00 am and 5:00 am where I only have to worry about the more predictable loose sheep,
cows and wild horses where you stand more chance of knowing what they'll do even whilst they're
standing in the middle of the road - any other time to drive is a lottery.

Guess its to do with everyone trying to eke out 80mpg in cars that now weigh 3 tonnes?
The whole act (and art) of driving has been dumbed down with the speed is bad mantra
where no emphasis is ever given to actually driving considerately or with any awareness.
Nothing moves you like a Citroën
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

I've become more casually "reckless" (that's reckless in the legal context) and will these days overtake where it's illegal if there is suitable space for a safe manoevre. I don't want to speed, I just don't want the "zombies" adding 30% to my journey times.
RobinMasters

Post by RobinMasters »

CitroJim wrote:One has to wonder what made him go to the extent of putting that message on the back of his car.
Insecurity. Same reason that you never see a 'babe' 'on board' a car with a sign which suggests that there is.
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

CitroJim wrote:
One big secret of Citroen ownership is the really fantastic people you get to know through them. That for me remains one of the top benefits of ownership...
Me too. The cars are sh1te

:-)

Only joking, but they can be somewhat trying at times...
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Rattiva_Mike wrote:The cars are sh1te

:-)

Only joking, but they can be somewhat trying at times...
Ahh, so you've had an XM too then Mike :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Only joking...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
lexi
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by lexi »

As far as Joe Public goes..........don't make cars with funny suspension, A car has 4 springs and dampers so that quik fit people don't get confused. Cits are for crap mechanics to moan about. "Is dat the .........up and down suspension? they are a pain man". Konis Man.........dats where it's at!

Same as you must go on holiday having booked the cheapest flight and hotel? in the world and then come back and say it was 120 deg and too hot...........but we got " a great deal" :roll: The same Chavvvies will take kids for "happy" meal and eat twice what the kids eat..........they are happier than anyone, eating wall filler on a sesame seeded bread roll ,made from stale biscuit flower 2 weeks before. " We come in wiv kids cos they don't eat what I make and we are sooooo busy that cooking is out" They all look so glum as they eat out of a brown bag with huge coats and hats on. Bet they got a big Zafira. :-D

One of the young guys said to me in McDonalds " Did you enjoy your meal ?" " Mate! You don't think I eat this stuff surely? I was leaving this stuff in the garden at night and the foxes were checking in to hospital with Irritable Bowel Syndrome :shock: I am in here cos it is more fun than watching Animal Magic with Johnny Morris " :shock: :-D :-D :-D
Citroen C5 1.6 HDI 110bhp Estate 06 plate

French Mistresses gone.
Citroen C5 HDI Mk 1 hatchback
Vel Satis 3.5 v6
ZX 1.9D Est.
ZX 1.9DHatch
Xantia 1.9td est.
Xantia 2.0 hdi Est.
Xantia V6 MK1
Xantia V6 MK 2
Junkman
My Cars:

Post by Junkman »

Audi, Zafira...

Guys, how given up in life must you have in order to buy a Kia Sedona? In silver metallic?
IMO there just isn't any other wheeled device that signals more boldly that you are a mind contolled lemming whose brain never emitted an original thought.

Kia campaigns the 'walking school bus' brainwash: http://www.kia.co.uk/about-kia/kia-comm ... g-bus.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nothing wrong with letting the fat little s**t walk to school, but hey, think about it. If a car manufacturer tells you to better walk than use one of his products...
1994 Peugeot 405 GTX 2.0 auto estate
1992 Citroen BX 19 TXD estate
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

lexi wrote:As far as Joe Public goes..........
Lexi, thanks for the excellent giggle you gave me with that. I needed it :lol: So funny but sadly so, so true as well :( Very sharply observed. Those people are so like sheep it's amazing they don't go bahhhhh...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Junkman wrote: Nothing wrong with letting the fat little s**t walk to school, but hey, think about it. If a car manufacturer tells you to better walk than use one of his products...
Another very sharp and astute observation on 21st century human behaviour!!!

And they wonder why there's a serious child obesity problem. :roll:
Jim

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Oh, but it's so dangerous out there.

:roll:

Lexi would get along with Joe Jenkins, a rather outspoken American slater.