Anti-Citroen...

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Northern_Mike

Re: Anti-Citroen...

Post by Northern_Mike »

CitroJim wrote:One has to wonder what made him go to the extent of putting that message on the back of his car.

I can't ever imagine he had a bad experience with Citroëns; so bad he'd willingly have a Reptra....
He might have owned an XM

<ducks and runs. Very fast>

:twisted:
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

Yes yes, I'm surprised certain people haven't said Activa... :roll:
Nothing moves you like a Citroën
robert_e_smart
My Cars:

Post by robert_e_smart »

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
1990 XM 2.1 Turbo SD
1991 BX 16 TGS Auto
1992 ZX 1.6 Aura Auto
1994 Xantia 2.0 16V VSX
2008 C5 2.7 Exclusive
R9UKE
My Cars:

Post by R9UKE »

To be fair, I would rather drive that Vectra than a Citroen..... C1 :P
French is best.
mark_n

Post by mark_n »

I once saw a Citroen with a sticker on it which said "Sell my Citroen? I'd rather stick bees up my ar*e". Thought it was quite apt. lol.
vince
My Cars:

Post by vince »

Citroen haters....oh yes we know them,,,,those people who have never owned one or driven one for that matter but always seemed to know all about them :roll:

As for people who put silly slogan stickers on their cars....they fall into the same catagory for me as adults who wear novelty boxer shorts or other such ludicrous things :lol:

Sorry if ive offended anyone :P ...they just arent my cup of tea :lol:
1993 Citroen xm 2.1td, silver/grey, bowling ball wheel trims, 210k and climbing...
vince
My Cars:

Post by vince »

Activa_Mike wrote:
CitroJim wrote:One has to wonder what made him go to the extent of putting that message on the back of his car.

I can't ever imagine he had a bad experience with Citroëns; so bad he'd willingly have a Reptra....
He might have owned an XM

<ducks and runs. Very fast>

:twisted:
:lol: Dont say that Mike... :lol:
1993 Citroen xm 2.1td, silver/grey, bowling ball wheel trims, 210k and climbing...
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

vince wrote:...they fall into the same catagory for me as adults who wear novelty boxer shorts or other such ludicrous things :lol:
Interesting connection. I'd assumed most GSF customers were more fully attired.
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

I can imagine it is far better to push that Vectra than it is to drive the thing! :twisted:

Citroen haters, just people who are slightly scared off cars they have heard some wives tale about. Excellent, keeps them more unique for me 8-)

I couldn't help but laugh as I passed a Range Rover Sport earlier in a layby with its owner stood behind the crash barrier in the pouring rain. There I was in an 18 year old Citroen XM, doing a good amount of speed while his £40K tank was no more use than an ornament. I laughed even harder when I drove back an hour later to see it just being put on the back of a low loader. Oh dear.

It was also part of my revenge thinking about some clown who I encountered in a RR Sport last week. I was doing 75 in the outside lane of a dual carrigeway, I had just over taken a car and was staying out ready to pass another car, when a RR Sport, who had been about a metre from the back of my car, undertook me and then sharply pulled back in front of me. He decided to slam on his brakes, taking us from 75 to around 20 mph. Probably because I had stayed in the outside lane to over take another car, which im well within my right to do as it was coming up quickly. I never lane hog and always move over when Ive overtaken, so I was far from in the wrong. This is why no one needs a massive tank, they are too often owned by idiots who could not control their anger in a Micra, let alone a Range Rover. :twisted:

I want a sticker on the back of my car, something like "Citroens, one of the best kept secrets"

Im not into car stickers but did see one on ebay the other day which said "don't follow me, you wont make it!" Perfect for the back of my Activa I think :roll:
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Careful Chris [-X You'll be upsetting KP with comments like that about RR drivers :lol: But then KP is the exception that proves the rule...

There's no doubt in my mind that some of the biggest prats on the road seem to be those who drive outrageous virility symbols. Gosh, they must have some pretty intense issues :lol: We Citroen owners have nothing to prove :)

I think RR Sport drivers are just sad because they don't have a forum like we do...

One big secret of Citroen ownership is the really fantastic people you get to know through them. That for me remains one of the top benefits of ownership...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by red_dwarfers »

That is very scary Chris :shock:
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair
Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Post by Deanxm »

After my recent stint in england for two weeks and the summer holidayists over here i have concluded that by far the most ignorant drivers now seem to be in vauxhalls, it used to be bmw's but now bmw drivers seem ok, audi drivers are still pretty borderline but EVERY vauxhall i encountered was driven but either a total moron or the sort of person you wouldnt want to be stuck with at a party. Youve been warned.

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Deanxm wrote:EVERY vauxhall i encountered was driven but either a total moron or the sort of person you wouldnt want to be stuck with at a party.
Yep, I can corroborate that Dean :twisted: On Sunday I got stuck behind a Moroniva or whatever their little puddle-jumping MPV is called and at a modestly busy roundabout turning right I honestly thought the driver had decided to park for the afternoon. He/she/it had at least 20 opportunities to go and waited until the entire roundabout was fully deserted before gingerly making forward progress. Soon saw the wretched thing off in the newly-tyred Activa :wink:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Post by Deanxm »

Ooo new tyres Jim, what did you go for in the end?

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Deanxm wrote:Ooo new tyres Jim, what did you go for in the end?
Michelin Energy Savers Dean..

Got them at a very good discount from Costco. They fitted them in their bay and filled them with Nitrogen. It's all in my blog...

I'm delighted with them so far. they do the job for me a treat :P
Jim