World's ugliest cars

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

tomsheppard
My Cars:

World's ugliest cars

Post by tomsheppard »

AOL have included the BX in their list which is the usual puerile and predictable rot. What a shame they haven't any real researchers. Still, it keeps the BX cheap!
kafkaian

Post by kafkaian »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by tomsheppard</i>

AOL have included the BX in their list which is the usual puerile and predictable rot. What a shame they haven't any real researchers. Still, it keeps the BX cheap!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
<font size="2">Citroens seem to be despised by most so called pundits (although they have to be gracious to the Goddess) which is amazing really. Can't they turn their minds to the wonderful attention to detail elsewhere on these machines - the suspension being one big example of this? As you say it's great for us because we can keep buying them at rock bottom prices whilst they waste their money on more mainstream mundanities. </font id="size2">
kafkaian

Post by kafkaian »

<font size="2">It's actually like a good wine, a decent partner or an aquired taste. You have to actually look deeper into the material before understanding its real beauty. I think this has always been the essence of Citroen design philosophy. eventually, once the complexity is understood, its beauty exceeds all others.</font id="size2">
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Actually the Goddess is usually damned with faint praise by mentioning her sluggish engine, baffling complexity, rust and spares prices. That's usually enough to frighten off the great unwashed.
Homer
My Cars: Current:
Volvo V60 D4 180

Previous:
BX16RS (two of),
BX19TZI,
Xantia 2.0i saloon,
Xantia 2.0 Exclusive CT turbo Break,
Peugeot 807 2.0 HDi 110,
Renault Grand Scenic, 2.0 diesel (150bhp)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi 160 which put me off French cars possibly forever

Post by Homer »

The BX did age rapidly in the late 90's but with angular car design making a comeback (like flares) they look quite with it again. Especially since most of those left have been very well cared for.
I saw a pristine K reg (92/93?) GTi (black) last week and was very tempted to track down the owner and find out how much it would take to part them from it.
reblack68
My Cars:

Post by reblack68 »

You'd have to go a long way to out-ugly a Mk2 Astra.
allmond
My Cars:

Post by allmond »

C5?
TomH
My Cars:

Post by TomH »

yeah the C5 is ugly, so is the Xsara. Both a bit Stodgy and dull.
BX looks alright, though a bit flimsy!
philhoward

Post by philhoward »

The BX is flimsy, but this means that our tin-foil bodies mean less weight meaning better performance! Will I ever get 40mpg out of my (heavy) Xantia TD?
lhm_leak
My Cars:

Post by lhm_leak »

Well, lay off the (heavy) right foot then...
Seriously, I average around 48mpg in my TD on a cross-country run. It's a very different story on motorways when the speed creeps up and up - then it drinks like a fish, low 30s or so. Seems that 75-80mph is the critical speed where the car turns dervaholic - a petrol engined Xantia can do better on long, high speed motorway journeys. Keep the speed down and you'll really see the benefit in a TD, as much as 15-20mpg!
Stu.
myheadhurts
My Cars:

Post by myheadhurts »

Fiat Multipla
You'd have to be p****d to buy one of them
reblack68
My Cars:

Post by reblack68 »

Brown cars. Somebody has gone into the showroom and said "I'll have that one please. The brown one with brown interior, brown tinted windows and special limited edition brownwall tyres."
Or "It drives well but do you have it in a virulent shade of buff?"
Then they look after them meticulously so that we're left with all the yukky coloured ones.
arry_b

Post by arry_b »

http://www.uglycars.co.uk/
Our cars seem to feature heavily.
Paulee
My Cars:

Post by Paulee »

It does not matter what the car looks like !
Its beige interiors that do it for me...I would not drive a Ferrari if it had a beige interior....
thats not likely though... is it ?
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

Worlds ugliest cars and the bloody awfull stinking vw beetle isn't there, something well wrong there.
Ugly to drive ugly to ride in (freeze your tits off in winter) ugly to work on, ugly to look at (shaped like a DUNG beetle) brought about by none other than Adolf Hittler and you truly have the worlds ugliest car.
Sound bleedin horrible too, engine in back, a car couldn't get much worse, bastards sold in their millions and some wierdo's are still making 'em, even wierder wierdo's are still buying'em, go figure.
Hehehe mine sh!t heap.......NOT[:D]
Dave