Problem with Lexia

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Problem with Lexia

Post by Citroenmad »

Ive had my Lexia (copy) installed on a laptop for some time, it always asks me to install the Lexia lead n every use and usually it works fine after attempting that a few times. Im sure it can't be right that I need to install the lead every time?

However now it won't install the lead at all, it says there is a problem with the installation and can not find the file needed. The disc is inserted but it doesn't seem to look at the disc. When insert the disc is spins up and reads the content, however wont instal the lead.

When I press to go onto the Lexia program it says there is a problem but does not say what the problem is, it then closes. Often I have had the warning that the lead interface is not connected, but it is not that warning on this case.

I have another laptop with the program installed, and that always wants the lead to be installed too, so I cant have done something right when installing the program. However that one will not install the lead now either.

I had it working last weekend and nothing has changed since, it just doesn't want to go :(

Annoying as I need it for a quick look at a Xantia TD.
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
davetherave
My Cars:

Re: Problem with Lexia

Post by davetherave »

Sounds rather odd, mine doesnt ask me to install the lead, but I do remember getting it all set up was a PITA.
(95) XM Silver 2.1td Exclusive.
(87) Cx 2.5 DTR T1 undergoing major cosmetic surgery.
GPZ500s
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

mine doesn't seem to be doing what its meant to be fully capable of,

but i don't get that message as i usualy plug the interface in before opening the DIS-LEXIA/ PLANET software,
better still before i/you turn the laptop on,

maybe its your USB port has bad connections,

also i don't run mine from the disc it is installed onto the laptop, and now a clean/empty laptop as Sir Jim suggested and its still only going through the diagnodtic to the point of the just after reading all/any system on the car,

it will allow me to clear fault stored but it seems not much more,

regards malcolm
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

From what I've discovered from using Lexia 3 you need to plug in the Lexia interface prior to opening the Lexia software.
citronut wrote:mine doesn't seem to be doing what its meant to be fully capable of,

also i don't run mine from the disc it is installed onto the laptop, and now a clean/empty laptop as Sir Jim suggested and its still only going through the diagnodtic to the point of the just after reading all/any system on the car,

it will allow me to clear fault stored but it seems not much more
What exactly do you mean Malcolm? What are you trying to do that Lexia 3 isn't allowing you to?
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
Citroenmad
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

Thanks for the ideas. It has been working in the past and seemed fully functional, however now it refuses to open.

The USB ports are fine and I'm having the same problem on my other laptop. Maybe I should try wiping a laptop and installing it fresh.

I'll give it another try and plug in the lead before turning the laptop on.

I could do with it working :lol:
Chris
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
xmexclusive

Post by xmexclusive »

I seem to recall that the Lexia makes two checks on boot up.
It looks to confirm the presence of the Lexia pod stopping and asking for it if missing.
It also checks the id of the machine internet/lan connection card against that recorded on installation.
A difference here also causes a failure to complete loading.
Both features are in the original software and not a Chinese clone peculiarity.
The lan check was to stop dealers adding the software to more machines than they had paid for.
The problem of poor connections upsetting the Lexia and causing reading failures is again a feature of all versions of the kit.
Some while ago I had the genuine kit demonstrated to me by a Citroen Indy.
He had an extra set of cables and routinely swapped them when he got a vehicle communications failure.
He claimed this usually overcame the comms problem.
He put the problem down to the design and quality of the connectors on the cables with random loss of contact on odd pins.

John
Xmexclusive
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Chris, do you always use the same USB port or just any?

Sometimes if you shift ports it generates an error.

My wife's laptop uses a USB wireless dongle that will only work in the port it was first installed on.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

DickieG wrote:
citronut wrote:mine doesn't seem to be doing what its meant to be fully capable of,

it will allow me to clear fault stored but it seems not much more
What exactly do you mean Malcolm? What are you trying to do that Lexia 3 isn't allowing you to?
well say for instance i run a global diagnostic, once its finished and comes up with 100% on my DIS-LEXIA 2 i used to be able to click on any of the results from this first list, then go into each one in more depth but the DIS-LEXIA wont let me go into it ant further,

regards malcolm
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

citronut wrote:
DickieG wrote:What exactly do you mean Malcolm? What are you trying to do that Lexia 3 isn't allowing you to?
well say for instance i run a global diagnostic, once its finished and comes up with 100% on my DIS-LEXIA 2 i used to be able to click on any of the results from this first list, then go into each one in more depth but the DIS-LEXIA wont let me go into it ant further,
Strange, Lexia 3 works the same as Lexia 2 in that you press the enter/validate key once you have highlighted the item you want to access :?
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
Citroenmad
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

I always plug the lead in before starting up the Lexia software and usually use the same USB port, though I have tried all of them and its not liking it at all.

Something seems to have gone wrong with my software, as it wont install the lead, which is wants to do on every use and it always works after that. It also wont even open Lexia to the screen which is asking for the lead to be connected, it just says there is a problem, click validate to continue. But it doesn't say what the problem is.

I think ill uninstall Lexia on one of the laptops and try reinstalling it.
Chris
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
Citroenmad
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

Im starting to wonder if my Lexia lead has gone faulty, as neither laptops recognise it :shock:
Chris
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
Citroenmad
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

Well, it seems ive broken one of the laptops now, dare I try the other? :lol: :twisted:
Chris
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Citroenmad wrote:Well, it seems ive broken one of the laptops now, dare I try the other? :lol: :twisted:
Welcome to the horrible world of IT Chris :evil: :evil: :evil: Every piece of IT kit is full of demons and they love to strike and make life a misery.

Why I choose to make my living from IT (especially Windows :evil: ) beats me :roll:

I plug my pod in after Windows has booted and I've logged on. Never had an issue doing it like that. If the pod has been recognised it'll show up in device manager quite clearly.

Anyway, do as said and do a complete reinstall, Windows and all, and see what happens. I have an ISO of a Lexia disk here ready for burning and if you want one, give me a shout...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
davetherave
My Cars:

Post by davetherave »

After much difficulty with mine, I put it on a dedicated laptop just for the Lexia.
(95) XM Silver 2.1td Exclusive.
(87) Cx 2.5 DTR T1 undergoing major cosmetic surgery.
GPZ500s
Citroenmad
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

I dielike IT very much Jim, it never seems to do as I want it to :lol:

I suspect either my lead has gone faulty or my installation of Lexia is not quite correct. Once working it worked fine but it was always difficult to get going, now it wont even try. My other laptop is giving me a warning of an incorrectly installed program via a blue screen and it then shuts down. So perhaps it is the Lexia which is upsetting it as it only started after that.

Thanks for the offer of the Disc Jim, ill try mine and see how it goes :)

I think that is my plan Dave, ill reinstall a laptop from fresh and then install only Lexia on it. Now I just need to figure out how I wipe the laptop and start installing fresh, not something I have done before :lol:
Chris
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10