Audi Drivers...

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Sl4yer
My Cars:

Re: Audi Drivers...

Post by Sl4yer »

myglaren wrote:
It's been linked to previously but this site is devoted to bad parking and a surprisingly? high percentage of offenders are Audi drivers.
Speaking of offenders, the site name and language used can be perceived as offensive too.
:-D Love it!

Saw an Astra parked in a similar manner in the local Asda the other week. The boy was asleep in the back of our C3, and my wife was shopping, so I was keen to see who thought they were so important that they should be able to park in this manner. Eventually, a family with four children came back and got in, the mother into the back with a baby in her arms. Only the father (driving) put his seat belt on, as he drove away - the rest were unrestrained. :evil:

Toby, great to see the Lightning in your pic!

James
Now Citroenless for the first time in 20 years
2008 Mazda RX-8 231
2007 Honda CR-V Auto
Timmo
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 58 partner teepee outdoor hdi.
58 C2 Code in black! Fun!

Post by Timmo »

just been nosing through a few of the posts on a link someone put up on the Audi drivers forum (6 or so pages back in the site) complaining that someone parked next to his car in a seemingly empty carpark, How dare they park next to his car when there are Many other spaces left!!
some of thwe comments are class! 'oh look, there's a nice car, must park next to it' sorry guys, but its only an audi, its northing special!
irony being that theyve a multi page thread on thw Audi forum about bad parking!!
After All, I am the Cornish one!

'58 C2 Code
'58 partner teepee outdoor
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

Some interesting parking in that lot of pictures, though you have to wonder if its down to a lack of ability or just arrgant behaviour and/or laziness.

I quite like parking! Sad I know but I feel im reasonable at it and sometimes even go for the tighter spots for a challenge :lol:
Timmo wrote: some of thwe comments are class! 'oh look, there's a nice car, must park next to it' sorry guys, but its only an audi, its northing special!
It is odd that some people think an Audi is a cut above other cars, they are just VWs and have no better build quality or better looking bodies. The fact that people pay the high new prices says something to me, its just a price for a badge.

Its quite interesting that a lot of the cars in those pictures are Audis and the likes.
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
Timmo
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 58 partner teepee outdoor hdi.
58 C2 Code in black! Fun!

Post by Timmo »

i think people get into the 'it costs more so its better' thing, one of the only countries who strive So hard to fund another country through vehicles!! mind you, no real affordable british alternatives now!!!
80%+ of All the bad driving on the roads is attributed to German cars in my experience,

does remind me of an Old topgear when Hammond and May did the Bike taxi driving in london where they would drive drunk peoples cars home for them and go between jobs on a mini moto type bike! the lady with the 1.6 audi A3 'sport' argued with may that hers Wasnt the entry level model as it was the 'Sport'!! even though it was the lowest of the model ranges offered, she refused to accept it! quite amusing, many comments on the lacking of equipment for the priuce etc. but all she could say is, 'But its an Audi'!! sais it all really!!!
back on Detailing world when i used it, it was all about Vag cars, they'd go out the way to get one, and rave about them and any bad words said you'd get Flamed! they Really didnt like the 'Its just a car' attitude, they all seem to assume once youve got yourself an Vag car/vehicle, you've Gained entrance tpo the Middle classes where Parking over 2 spaces was permitted to protect ones vehicle!! and the mandatory parking in the furthest mopst reaches of the carparks to avoid anyone parking next to you!! one guy posted up a picture of a device that was essentially a wire with 2 clips that fitted to the egded of the wheel arches and had what looked like Pipe cladding foam over it to protect your car from door dings!! to me, that would just promote people parking there and trying to damage it!!

i did witness what modern society has come to at the school recently, after the Girls cycle event during 'the big pedal' one of the girls dropped her bike onto a teachers cars bonnet and left a sizeably Deep ding on the front of the bonnet, the Mum aghast Said in a quiet Angry voice, 'Look what youve done to that car with your bike'!!! her dad also said 'you need to be more careful' and then they proceeded to hastily walk away from the carpark and plead ignorance, i didnt say anything to the teacher for a few days but felt like i was harbouring an Evil secret every time i saw her! (was obvious who's car it was from the registration plate, and that she's been at the school for Years with said plate on many different cars!!) had to Break my code of silence!! her husband blamed her for it loL! but the parents chose despite witnesses to not say anything!
kinda sums up what people think of others possesions really!!!
After All, I am the Cornish one!

'58 C2 Code
'58 partner teepee outdoor
Dommo
My Cars: Current
07 C5 VTX+ 2.2 HDi 173hp
97 S1 Activa
06 Boxster S
93 XM 2.1 Turbo SD

Previous cars
91 Toyota Soarer UZZ32 Active Suspension
97 S1 VSX 1.9 Turbo D
99 Xantia Activa
98 2.1TD Xantia
99 306

Post by Dommo »

Here's the audi 'sport' link mentioned, he's complaining about someone elses parking, when he is completely off centre in the bay, mong!!

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/general-ch ... shame.html

Clarkson mentioned on Top Gear a few years ago that every cock is changing from BMW's to Audi's, it's so true, and they're horrible cars if you ask me. I'm a long term VAG disliker, mainly due to their price hike over the competition, when the competition is often better!

I received this text off my girlfriend over the weekend (she works in a petrol station):

'More proof that Audi drivers are (-expletive removed-), one comes in with his young daughter he absolutely stinks of alcohol, pays for his stuff, gets back in his Audi and drives off'

Edit - This is genius:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/mot ... -tank.html

I feel sorry for the Merc lovers out there though, imagine if this was a C6 or something, we'd not be too impressed!
Citroenmad
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

I remember that topgear, she did seem pretty pleased with her low spec, dull engined highly priced Golf. Someone I know bought a new Audi A3 1.4TSI (the 1.6 replacement) Sport last year. Ive driven it and its dull, boring, slow, and poorly equipped. Even he doesn't really like the car but likes the Audi badge. It cost £22K! A monumental amoung of money for what is a Golf (an already expensive car) with an Audi badge. I could think of a million things to spend £22K on and one would not be an Audi A3 :?

I mentioned in another thread about my thoughts on the new TT Cabrio and A4 Avant, pretty dull cars, the TT was very noisey on its tyres very cheaply built and the A4 was extremely dull, again too noisey for a large car and had not a great deal of space in it either, that one was £32K and had sat nav, but not much else. I sooner have an Alfa Brera and some change andjust enjoy a car with a bit of character ...

I used to be into VW group cars a while back, had a couple and went to many VW shows. Though they are no better built, no more reliable and no more prestigious than any other car. In fact I think on the whole the paintwork is pretty awful, often seeing new cars with orange peel effect paint finish. In all the years of my family running French cars we have not had one major issue. With two VAGs one needed a new engine under warranty at 2 years and 25K miles and another a automatic gearbox overhaul at 6 years old. I don't know where they get the reputation they have, as they are not great cars.
Chris
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
Sl4yer
My Cars:

Post by Sl4yer »

Timmo wrote: kinda sums up what people think of others possesions really!!!
This is very true. I've seen a new, deep dent in the door of the Activa recently. Saddens me greatly that people care so little about damaging the property of others. I wonder if they'd take more care if it was a new Audi or Merc they were parked next to... Probably.

The exceptions to the VAG manufacturers for me are Seat Skoda. I had the pleasure of the old shape Leon 150HP TDi for a couple of years, and it was hard to fault (as long as you accept that the ride will be firm in a hot hatch). Certainly wouldn't pay a premium for a VAG car, but it is possible to get a decently engineered car from them (usually better riding than the German brands) for much less.

James
Now Citroenless for the first time in 20 years
2008 Mazda RX-8 231
2007 Honda CR-V Auto
Citroenmad
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

I have had a few Seats and driven most of the range due to one of my Seats being quite problematic meaning frequent trips to the dealer and a new courtesy car every other week :lol: I do like the old shape Leon, I went to buy a Toledo (old Leon with a boot) but it felt a bit old for the money and so I left it despite it being a very good example of a 1.9TDi Sport. I really like Alteas, they drive well, have a decent ride and spacious interior, and I find the driving position great. I prefer them to the new Leon which has as much visability as looking thorugh a letter box. Ive only driven a 1.6 petrol new shape Leon and it was a dull thing which gobbled petrol. I got one of the first new shape Leons as a courtesy car, it had just been repaired from a front end accident by the person who had it on loan previous, and still had a scraped headlight as they could not get a replacement. Then when I had it our window cleaner fell off his ladders and onto the front of the Leon. He didn't own up to it and I was left with a bill of £450 to have the front bumper, drivers side wing and bonnet repainted. :twisted: :lol: Ive always liked Seats, nice cars which generally drive well. However do not drive a Seat Ibiza 1.9TDi 130 Sport from around 2002 onwards, they really have less than no suspension, ive not been in anything which is as bad, which is saying something as a few mates have VWs so low they replace handbrake cables due to them wearing away on the road. :roll:

I acutally really like the new Skoda Superb, there is something appealing about its ungainly looks and hatch versatility in a saloon body. Its massive too with limo like rear legroom and they are good value too. Might be tempted by one at some point.

The only ding my C5 has is in its rear door after a door was opened onto it from a new BMW 3 series at a service station. I was not best pleased :twisted: :evil:
Chris
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
R9UKE
My Cars:

Post by R9UKE »

Chris why do you drive a C5 when you like mong-buckets like the Seat Altea and the Cab driver special??? I don't get it. Don't ever make fun of my soft spot for the Vauxhall Signum again!!!!!!!!!
French is best.
Citroenmad
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

:lol: I drive a C5 because I like them and like them a lot more than the above mentioned cars :lol:

In fairness I'm yet to actually take a close look around a new Skoda Superb, let alone a drive of one, but I do quite like its odd looks, yes.

The Altea is a good car, I would consider one, unusual looking, spacious, refined and decent to drive. There are far worse cars!

The cars I like differ greatly :roll: :lol:

Did I make fun of you liking Signums? I don't remember that, I don't think they are all that bad, certainly better than a Vectra and better value too. Possibly its due to my dislike of Vectras? :shock:
Chris
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
SaabC5
My Cars: 09 C5 X7 2.0Hdi Exclusive

Post by SaabC5 »

3 pool cars at work.

A 1.9 non turbo diesel Golf
A 2.0TDi Audi A6 coupe
A Ford S-Max 2.0TDci.

The S-Max is always the first to go followed by the Audi and then the Billy No Mates Golf.

Golf is duller than crown green bowls, is poorly spec'd, plasticky and sloooooow.
Audi looks the nuts but flatters to deceive and has a horrible driving position.
S-Max, every gadget under the sun, lovely drive but the tyre pressure monitoring system is crap.
09 C5 X7 2.0Hdi Exclusive in Perla Nera black (the best colour) :wink: